Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-11-2010, 02:27 PM   #71
thedonkeyslayer

Drives: XK 4x4 Ordered '11 2SS/RS SW LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell James View Post
EVA is Employee Vehicle Allowance. It is an additional discount that can be combined with the Preferred Price.

They did away with GMS a few months ago. And now it is call Preferred Price, plus certain cars are elegible for the EVA.

I looked up some 2LT Camaros in your area and they were showing $1000 EVA.

So, I'm thinking, using your Dad's GM discount and the Pontiac thing you are going to be close to $3000 off MSRP. I think. Maybe a salesperson can help confirm. But everything I see says your eligible for EVA.

Any other colors your interested in? I saw a yellow 2LT/RS with a sunroof and stripes near you. That would sure be a sharp car.

If this is true why not buy the one in Mass & get the exact car that you want for $28,100 - no negotiation needed...seems like a no brainer.
thedonkeyslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 02:50 PM   #72
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonkeyslayer View Post
If this is true why not buy the one in Mass & get the exact car that you want for $28,100 - no negotiation needed...seems like a no brainer.

Don't forget the dealer owns the car, they don't have to accept discounts ...
Old 03-11-2010, 02:56 PM   #73
thedonkeyslayer

Drives: XK 4x4 Ordered '11 2SS/RS SW LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
Don't forget the dealer owns the car, they don't have to accept discounts ...

Yeah, this is true.

Colonial Chevy in Norfolk, VA has the exact AMB 2SS/RS I want, but they bought it from another dealer "for over MSRP" and are now trying to sell a $36k Camaro for $43k...and I guess they did this several times, as they have numerous Camaros all for thousands over MSRP.

I told them to call me when they wanted to sell it for MSRP.

(Sorry for the thread jack)
thedonkeyslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 03:51 PM   #74
haleyd
determined future owner

Drives: 2004 pontiac grand prix gt2
Send a message via AIM to haleyd
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRSM6 View Post
Does the new program also offer the GM Pricing on used cars like GMS did? If it does, you could get a slightly used 2LT or even 2SS for a steal. I've seen used SS's going for $30k as the advertised price. Just another monkey wrench in the mix.
i would be MORE than happy to do that if only i could find a used 2LT/ABM with my exact specs. but i can't! if someone out there can find one for me i'll buy them dinner! LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonkeyslayer View Post
very true! i didn't think about that. i can't find anything about the EVA though on the websites so i don't know that this is something that would go for the camaro. i'm hoping scotty sees this and can confirm it?!
haleyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 04:08 PM   #75
AlmondRocca

Drives: 12 black Charger & 12 IBM Camaro ls
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueSS View Post
They have $1,000 off for current Pontiac and Saturn owners (through March 31st), but that's all I've seen or can find on their website as of now.

is that any pontiac, or just newer ones? lol. i have a 98...
AlmondRocca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 05:11 PM   #76
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRSM6 View Post
Does the new program also offer the GM Pricing on used cars like GMS did? If it does, you could get a slightly used 2LT or even 2SS for a steal. I've seen used SS's going for $30k as the advertised price. Just another monkey wrench in the mix.
GMS has NEVER applied to used vehicles. Unless you are thinking of the PEP program, which is still a "new" car.

Not sure if PEP still exisits and not like you'd score what you wanted that way, its hit or miss. We waited so long for a C4 on the PEP program in 1994 we went out and just bought a 95 Corvette off the lot. Got sick of waiting!
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 06:31 PM   #77
haleyd
determined future owner

well i just saw the car. i definitely need to find one with a sunroof! but OMG, i HAVE TO HAVE ABM! i loved it sooooo much... and it's raining today. imagine how much i would have loved it if it would have been sunny!!! now i'm even more obsessed and HAVE to find MY car!!!!!
Old 03-11-2010, 06:33 PM   #78
Imjaybird

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS/2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
GMS has NEVER applied to used vehicles. Unless you are thinking of the PEP program, which is still a "new" car.

Not sure if PEP still exisits and not like you'd score what you wanted that way, its hit or miss. We waited so long for a C4 on the PEP program in 1994 we went out and just bought a 95 Corvette off the lot. Got sick of waiting!
FYI GM has done away with the PEP program and "demo" discounts.
$IMJAYBIRD$
Imjaybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 06:40 PM   #79
Imjaybird

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS/2SS
Also I found out as was stated somewhat before that GMS is now the same as "employee and suppliers" discounts. Sorry just puttin in my 2 cents.
$IMJAYBIRD$
Imjaybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 06:48 PM   #80
chevyrox

Drives: 08 CTS DI,08 Vue XR,08 Silvy
Quote:
Originally Posted by haleyd View Post
well i just saw the car. i definitely need to find one with a sunroof! but OMG, i HAVE TO HAVE ABM! i loved it sooooo much... and it's raining today. imagine how much i would have loved it if it would have been sunny!!! now i'm even more obsessed and HAVE to find MY car!!!!!
They have that one in Massachusetts.
chevyrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 06:57 PM   #81
Betro02

Drives: Powerful
Quote:
Originally Posted by haleyd View Post
the gm discount isn't even $1000 anymore i don 't think... i'll ask them that tonight when i go in to look at the car.

i'm looking at the window sticker right now, but i'm wondering if edmunds.com is not updated with the correct pricing or something.
The discount depends on the car, BTW its on the invoice
Betro02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 07:03 PM   #82
haleyd
determined future owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betro02 View Post
The discount depends on the car, BTW its on the invoice
what's on the invoice? the gm discount isn't on the invoice. why would it be? the invoice price is lower than the gm discount price, lol! but yeah, i know that the discount depends on the car... but EVERY car i've priced is less than $1000
Old 03-11-2010, 07:28 PM   #83
GRSCAMARO
RS 10 SS

Drives: 2010 ABM RS/2SS L99
If you are not determined to find an ABM Camaro, contact Anna at Sparta Chevy. She will give you every discount possible without any BS. I was getting the "ABM is obsolete so we have to increase the price story" from everyone else when I bought mine back in Jan 10.

Best 1/4 Mile Run: 11/20/2010 SGMP 13.299 @ 106 mph (2.05s 60ft)
Mods to Date:
Painted Rally Stripes by Body's by Doug
ABM Painted Splash Guards & Engine Cover
Tinted Windows by Sunbusters
CAI Kit by Cold Air Inductions (installed at C5FestI)
GRSCAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 07:36 PM   #84
haleyd
determined future owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRSCAMARO View Post
If you are not determined to find an ABM Camaro, contact Anna at Sparta Chevy. She will give you every discount possible without any BS. I was getting the "ABM is obsolete so we have to increase the price story" from everyone else when I bought mine back in Jan 10.
if i'm NOT determined? because i am. it's the only color i'll buy... you're actually the 2nd person today that has suggested her. i'll contact her tomorrow.