Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-13-2008, 08:44 PM   #15
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rman91Bird View Post
Hey if both of my grandparents on my dad's side worked for GM can I get the GM employee discount. I think my dad got one on a 2004 trailblazer.
Yes, I think so...

Check here. www.gmfamilyfirst.com

They have eligibility rules/requirements on there.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:10 PM   #16
BBfan24

Drives: '10 Black 1SS/RS
i might be going with the LT rather than the SS i was hoping to get
Old 10-14-2008, 06:45 AM   #17
Beau Tie

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2007 Camry
Send a message via AIM to Beau Tie
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddiyo View Post
I think the LS is quite different. No foglights and 18" steelies, I'm afraid that might make the whole car look less exciting. Figure in the missing interior features like audio controls on the steering wheel etc and there's quite some stuff missing. Of course you still have the same great engine etc, but the LS is missing a few useful and fun features imho. I'd really like to see some pictures of it...
If the monthly payment of the LT1 is a trivial difference from the LS, I have no problem going LT1. But like you said, we are all waiting to see what the LS looks like as well.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:19 AM   #18
Jak

Drives: 03 Dodge Dakota
Same here. If I wanted to totally raid my saving I could swing it, but I'm putting as much as I can towards retirement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeTwentyFour View Post
I'm in the same boat, the pricing is a little more above then what i thought it would be. Everyone kept saying "priced to compete with the mustang" so I figured it would be at the most 2k more then the mustang (base). Now that its over 3k more base for base I'll be saving a little longer then I thought.
Jak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 08:16 AM   #19
balonywolf

Drives: 1996 Jeep Cherokee
Send a message via AIM to balonywolf
Hey Xanthos, if you get the 1LT/RS, with stripes, you're looking at $26,775. I'm sure you could negotiate that down a little bit. Throw in some 4-pack gauges at the dealer, as well as the Convenience package and Boston Acoustics system, and you're saving a lot of money over the 2LT.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:29 AM   #20
Silverado
GM Guy For Life

Drives: 2010 GMC Yukon XL
I won't be getting mine any time soon either....not because of pricing...I was writing a check for the whole thing anyway....but because of kids....already have 3 and we found out my wife is pregnant with our 4th. Due in May....right about the time I was looking to buy....our Enclave is already going to be a tight fit (with 4 car seats and a stroller), the Camaro definitely wouldn't handle all that.

So, it's looking like I won't be getting one at all much less any time soon. Guess I'll be trading the Silverado in on Suburban instead.
Silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:41 AM   #21
popeye

Drives: 1947 Chevy Coupe "HOTROD"
We were #2 to order, the local dealer now wants 2k down and pay the sticker price when it comes in. We walked out and probably will not buy a new camaro. Where I work we get the invoice price on new Chevys (dealer is almost 100 miles away) but they will not honor it on the Camaro yet. All of their allocations are gone. The salesman said he could put us in a new Corvette for almost the same price as the fully loaded Camaro.
popeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:49 AM   #22
odie23

Drives: Jeep
You're not alone, this so totally sucks. Even people with good credit may be hesitant to finance anything.

Cerebus owns (Chryslers owners) 51% of GMAC & GMAC is mandating a FICO rating of 700 or higher.

I once told someone it's was hard to learn to live within my means. He said, it harder to live outside them.
odie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 07:51 PM   #23
str8himalaya
A lot to learn!

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS Transformers Edition
In the same boat. Very dissappointed with the pricing release. "Very competitive". LOL. That makes me laugh, and frankly i think it will fail outside of the enthusiast crowd. If it would have started at 29000 for an SS it would have been huge, but now, not looking nearly as nice. Great car, great concept, horrible price. Yes, it is a modern car, and GM sure lets you know that with the price. Just venting i guess, i built upto this car for a long time, and even with all the money i have saved, i still can't justify it. The waiting game is on now.

Current Mods:
-Spectre CAI
-Straight piped
-Power Wedge
str8himalaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 07:53 PM   #24
jordan 572

Drives: none
how can u be dissapointed the base camaro is like a loaded stang which would be i dont know maybe 35 grand at least
jordan 572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 07:57 PM   #25
str8himalaya
A lot to learn!

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS Transformers Edition
Thats a BASE car vs. a loaded car. That isn't comparable. Just dissappointing that all this time it was thought that it was below 30k, and its not. For what i want on it, probably looking closer to 35-37k. Way out of most peoples price range. Now the v6 price i feel is right where it needs to be, maybe just a tad high. It's mvho of course.

Current Mods:
-Spectre CAI
-Straight piped
-Power Wedge
str8himalaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 01:59 AM   #26
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Right now, looking at the newest pricing info (which oddly doesn't have a price listed for the four pack gauges) the only way I'll be able to afford it is if I can get a LT non-RS, at invoice and with my military discount, for the second model year. And even then it'll be a stretch. I'm literally almost completely out of all the money I had saved for my down payment.
- Xanthos

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 03:03 AM   #27
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Sorry to hear that, man. Just keep on working hard and try to get that overtime if you can. Don't get something just to get something....you won't ever forgive yourself. Save your cash...wait as long as you need...and get it done right.

I know it sucks.

I am probably going to have to wait too. Might not. But, we'll see.

It'll get better and you'll get yours. Just stick with it!!!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 12:39 AM   #28
SS4EVER
Camaro Convert...

Drives: 2006 Cobalt SS Supercharged
Hey I know what you're going through. When the prices first were released, before invoice and GM employee pricing was released I priced out a 2LT w RS and after I calculated my state tax the price was like 31k.... Granted I'll be getting the GM employee discount since it's in my immediate family, but at that moment I was like well it looks like I'm not getting a Camaro and I think I have some posts on here saying "looks like I won't be getting one".... Well I cut back on a few options that I know I could live without, and then when I priced a 2LT w RS Camaro on the Camaro builder I priced one out including GM Emp discount to come out to around $26k before taxes, title, etc.... I even priced out a 1SS for $28k... So depending on how my finances go in the next 6-9 months I'll either be rolling out the dealer next summer with a Camaro, or I'll be rolling out in a 09 Cobalt SS Turbocharged, but just see where time goes...