Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 02-11-2010, 10:15 PM   #281
Black5thgen
Account Suspended

Drives: 2007 C6
How come all you GTO guys are so mean to me? I'm just trying to talk some sense into you.
Black5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 10:21 PM   #282
RocketCutlass
Property USMC

Drives: 95 Caprice 9C1
LMFAO at the Chris Johnson call out video
RocketCutlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 10:22 PM   #283
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
God GTOs are bland.

And who puts a ram air trans am style hood on a GTO?(seen that a few posts back also) I see people that do that on 3rd gen firebirds and 3rd and 4th gen camaros also. So fricken tacky and ugly looking.

If it wasnt for the styling of the GTO I would have no problem with it. But god it is just so bland/boring. I wouldnt exactly call it ugly. Its just so run of the mill. If it had an LS7 under the hood I can honestly say I would not be interested. The styling is just not for me.

But hey. If everyone all liked the same type of stuff it would be a pretty boring world.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 10:39 PM   #284
RocketCutlass
Property USMC

Drives: 95 Caprice 9C1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black5thgen View Post
How come all you GTO guys are so mean to me? I'm just trying to talk some sense into you.
I'm not mean to you .
RocketCutlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 10:48 PM   #285
SK360
Account Suspended

Drives: 2005 Pontiac GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc1122 View Post
Those are the Flashlight Drag races aren't they. I went to a few of those.
I went 3 or 4 times to the ones in Wayensburg PA.

Oddly enough- I raced a 6.0 LS2 GTO with intake/exhuast/and 20 inch rims in my 2002 Trans Am WS6 (exaust, slp lid and short shifter, cheap tires)
and I beat it in the 1/8th of mile.

And I wasn't the best driver that is for sure.
Yep.. That was Zelienople.

If it is the Cyclone Grey goat I am thinking of riding around on 20" TSW's

lol
SK360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 10:57 PM   #286
SK360
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc1122 View Post
It's not about "confusing" the GTO with a Cavilier, it is about saying that a 400 HP car shouldn't look so blah. I highly doubt anybody who knows anything about cars confuses the two, but they do feel the car should have stood out a bit more for the price tag and the performance level it held.
I was drawn to the fact that the 400hp car looked so ...understated... people don't expect anything then they do this

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
God GTOs are bland.

And who puts a ram air trans am style hood on a GTO?(seen that a few posts back also) I see people that do that on 3rd gen firebirds and 3rd and 4th gen camaros also. So fricken tacky and ugly looking.

If it wasnt for the styling of the GTO I would have no problem with it. But god it is just so bland/boring. I wouldnt exactly call it ugly. Its just so run of the mill. If it had an LS7 under the hood I can honestly say I would not be interested. The styling is just not for me.

But hey. If everyone all liked the same type of stuff it would be a pretty boring world.
So what you are saying is you need a flashy omfg look at me car? You would prob take a V6 Camaro over a GTO then. The interior of the GTO is lightyears ahead of any non aussie chevy/pontiac in the past 10 years... I can actually fit 4 full sized adults in my car if need be as well.

Maybe one day I will be able to afford to do the complete Holden conversion to make my car even more stealth... nobody will know wtf it is.

I agree with the ram air hood on the GTO, it's terrible... but the person posting is also not known for his good taste or trustworthyness
Old 02-11-2010, 11:03 PM   #287
Black5thgen
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06x6spdGTO View Post
Did Black5thGEN sells his TA???!!!!

^This is you man!!! To the T!!!

So when you pulling the stops and letting the C6Z06's and KB Cobra have It with your Stock time slips!!!!
Dude I traded that shit in on the 2010. Now I put 5K into it a month. I still can't beat that fast sunfire though. Once I get the 12K heads and cam combo I'm coming for you. Your car is way more than I could handle right now, but if I still had my T/A I would run you on the high way right now.

On a serious note, I found your video!!!!
Old 02-11-2010, 11:56 PM   #288
Jiu Jitsu Jon
East bound and down

Drives: 2005 Cyclone Grey GTO (M6)
This thread really went off on a tangent. It was originally about how the GTO & Camaro compared in the performance dept. The GTO has traditionally been an ordinary looking car with a powerful engine in it. Go back and look at the original Pontiac Lemans. GTO used to be a trim level like WS6 or Z28.

Black5thgen, we know it's not your cup of tea but I hardly think a 400 hp car with a great interior (no cheap looking leather appointed anything) is "the worst car GM ever built" or "a piece of shit". Do I think the Camaro is more WOW visually compared to the GTO? Obviously it is. But that's not what this thread is about. You're just stirring the pot, and honestly you're bordering on trolling IMO.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:14 AM   #289
Black5thgen
Account Suspended

So I not only am on a 5th gen Camaro site and have been a member for years but I also own the car and I'm a troll?!?!

No doubt I'm stirring the pot, but only after trolls from another site made it into this thread and starting yapping. If everyone wants to take me so seriously and get all pissed off then you need to re-evaluate your life. It's a social website. If can't take criticism then get the hell off the interwebz. Or at least stick to your own forums. I mean really what did all you GTO guys expect? You came here looking for a trouble.
Old 02-12-2010, 06:21 AM   #290
06x6spdGTO

Drives: 06 S/C GTO, 01 H/C/I Z06
Quote:
Dude I traded that shit in on the 2010. Now I put 5K into it a month. I still can't beat that fast sunfire though. Once I get the 12K heads and cam combo I'm coming for you. Your car is way more than I could handle right now, but if I still had my T/A I would run you on the high way right now.

On a serious note, I found your video!!!!

LOL!! that ways a good one, Now i hope afterwatching this we can team up on the SewerPipe Mafia instead of eachother. (It Aint Got SHIT on Chris Johnson Tho)
06 GTO - Maggie 112H (Stock Pullies), LPE CAI, SLP LMII Catback, suspension and Drivetrain STuff, Monster Stg 3 clutch, ETMC Stg II Cam, 60lb inj, IW 8" Lower, PRC .650 Springs, Trickflow Pushrods, Kooks 1 7/8 LTs, AIS WasherFluid inj, 530whp/537wtq SAE. Self Tuned via HPTpro
01 Z06 - Forged 347ci LS6 - H/C/I 460RWHP / 418 RWTQ (Self TUNED via HPTpro)
06x6spdGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 06:55 AM   #291
summitss/rsls3

Drives: summit white/IOM ss/rs ls3
Quote:

very well put my friend. could you imagine if everyone drove the exact same looking car. Hell it'd look like we were in europe.
summitss/rsls3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 07:34 AM   #292
SK360
Account Suspended

Quote:
So I not only am on a 5th gen Camaro site and have been a member for years but I also own the car and I'm a troll?!?!

No doubt I'm stirring the pot, but only after trolls from another site made it into this thread and starting yapping. If everyone wants to take me so seriously and get all pissed off then you need to re-evaluate your life. It's a social website. If can't take criticism then get the hell off the interwebz. Or at least stick to your own forums. I mean really what did all you GTO guys expect? You came here looking for a trouble.
I didn't join here looking for trouble... look at my join date and post history. I have quite a few friends locally with 5th gens.

But you running your mouth about our cars, what did you expect?
Old 02-12-2010, 07:42 AM   #293
ls2 goat
SLOW GUY

Drives: 2005 GTO
Quote:
God GTOs are bland.
True, they are bland. There are things you can do to make them look more agressive but they will never compare to the agressive lines of the Camaro. What do you drive again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by summitss/rsls3 View Post
very well put my friend. could you imagine if everyone drove the exact same looking car. Hell it'd look like we were in europe.
They're called mustangs....
ls2 goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 08:09 AM   #294
Black5thgen
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK360 View Post
I didn't join here looking for trouble... look at my join date and post history. I have quite a few friends locally with 5th gens.

But you running your mouth about our cars, what did you expect?
I actually didn't start really running my mouth till I saw GTO guys with 1 or 2 posts running there's. In all fairness I pretty much expected this, a bunch of guys with thousands of dollars in mods including nitrous, H&C packages and boost talking shit to me. I was impressed by the number of you guys though. You do stick together.