Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 08-05-2022, 12:05 PM   #1
johna

Drives: 2015 White Z28
Ceramic or go iron like girodisc

I have only tracked the car a couple times but looking to do more. The car has around 7500 miles and the ceramics have very little wear. I’m thinking of pulling the ceramics and saving them for if I decide to sell the car. Then I’d put a set of Iron rotors like girodisc on the car. The reason for the swap is primarily cost of new ceramics. I know a number of forum members have done this. Do you think that’s the way to go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
johna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 01:21 PM   #2
Supercup
Life Is Short Enjoy It!

Drives: Original Owner 15 Z/28 #934
That is what I did when I had mine - did the same on my Porsche GT2, then put back on at time of sale - nice thing is then they look great when you go to sell.

No downside to your plan, except cost to swap. But if you plan to track - rotors and pads area normal wear and maintence item - they iron discs work great and cost far less!

Be sure and upgrade your brake fluid, if you have not already to Castoral SRF or equivelant for the track - makes a huge differnce.

Enjoy
Supercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 01:42 PM   #3
teamclark

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
After Tracking with the Ceramics I changed over to the Girodisc's to reduce running costs. Haven't regretted it, your giving up a relatively small amount of performance, for a much reduced cost.

If your aim is track days, your driving mostly against yourself anyway, so if its about having fun and pushing what you got. Unless your a 12/10ths driver, then stick with the ceramics and be willing to pay the price.
teamclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 04:10 PM   #4
Z/28Dan

Drives: 2013 HWSE Indy Festial #26
Girodisc FTW. Don’t even look back. Hit up DynoSteve for pricing. He was even cheaper than buying direct from Girodisc. Raybestos ST-43 pads.

Good luck. The CC brakes will bankrupt you if you track a lot.

Dan
Z/28Dan is offline   Reply With Quote