Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 03-17-2022, 07:49 AM   #15
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
Sounds like they do not back their product.
IMHO, they don't back their products, or at least the owner takes no active role in product improvement. The installation instructions for their rock guards are confusing at best, and more likely are actually wrong. I wrote the owner an email and explained that I did a lot of trial fitting and testing before I finally determined what the instructions were attempting to say, re-wrote the section in question (included in the email), and offered to re-read whatever changes they made and get some other folks to weigh in as well. Literally offered them free technical writing.

Crickets. I'll never buy another product from them again as a result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxspeedspec View Post
Blast them all over social media until they fix it. Now I regret supporting this company because WTF??? Hell charge it back with your credit card. You may need to call in, but 6 months isn't beyond the actual window, just the standard online form window.
There's likely a middle ground that will be more effective than just jumping right to straight-up crucifixion. Share your story on social media with phrases like "extremely disappointed", ask others to weigh in with their similar experiences, etc. Build a groundswell of support from others that have similar issues and let someone ELSE be the one that shows up with WMD.

On the flip side, if you get nothing but opposite experiences posted to your share, you have even more support to go back to the manufacturer and claim product defect. THEN move on to a CC dispute, but be careful with these as smart businesses can push back and then you end up with a ding on your credit report from it.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 07:52 AM   #16
Hotwheeltat

Drives: 2020 Camaro SS 1LE
Good luck with whatever you do. Kinda glad I went with the $25 Amazon special. Obviously not functional, but it looks cool and that all that matters really isn't it.
Hotwheeltat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 12:01 PM   #17
zxspeedspec
Banned

Drives: Faster than yours
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
There's likely a middle ground that will be more effective than just jumping right to straight-up crucifixion. Share your story on social media with phrases like "extremely disappointed", ask others to weigh in with their similar experiences, etc. Build a groundswell of support from others that have similar issues and let someone ELSE be the one that shows up with WMD.

On the flip side, if you get nothing but opposite experiences posted to your share, you have even more support to go back to the manufacturer and claim product defect. THEN move on to a CC dispute, but be careful with these as smart businesses can push back and then you end up with a ding on your credit report from it.
I bill out at $250 an hour. After already wasting money with this piss poor CS, I'm going straight to nuclear and then filing a CC dispute. I'm not wasting any of my personal time trying to convince a company they should invest in CS. And that is 100% not how CC disputes work. Even if you fail (which is super rare depending on how much you spend with your CC company), it doesn't negatively impact your credit. At this point I've got a built relationship with Amex where they pretty much blind approve all my disputes up to like $2k.
zxspeedspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 02:08 PM   #18
Haese1

Drives: 2018 2SS
I just painted mine to match the car
Attached Images

Haese1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 02:19 PM   #19
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
I bill out at $250 an hour. After already wasting money with this piss poor CS, I'm going straight to nuclear and then filing a CC dispute. I'm not wasting any of my personal time trying to convince a company they should invest in CS. And that is 100% not how CC disputes work. Even if you fail (which is super rare depending on how much you spend with your CC company), it doesn't negatively impact your credit. At this point I've got a built relationship with Amex where they pretty much blind approve all my disputes up to like $2k.
Kind of hard to understand how you can justify spending your time here, then. We can't afford you.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 03:18 PM   #20
zxspeedspec
Banned

Quote:
Kind of hard to understand how you can justify spending your time here, then. We can't afford you.
Maybe because I enjoy spending time here vs handholding another company on how they should manage their customer service team? If you want me to consult on how you should run your CSRs, that'll cost you $250/hr. But it's free for me to open a dispute and get my money back.
Old 03-17-2022, 10:40 PM   #21
Chevelle vs Camaro

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Quote:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chevelle vs Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 08:44 PM   #22
Chippy
BanHamWatch

Drives: 21 ZL1 1LE
Every time I see these hooks I think little Ricer kids and I want to puke. I don’t care if that hurt anyones feelings. Just saying
Old 03-18-2022, 09:50 PM   #23
zxspeedspec
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
Every time I see these hooks I think little Ricer kids and I want to puke. I don’t care if that hurt anyones feelings. Just saying
Every time I see one of these poseur owners who never track their car it hurts my soul and makes me want to puke. Might as well drive a Prius if you're just gonna take a ZL1 to Prius limits.
Old 03-18-2022, 11:20 PM   #24
Chippy
BanHamWatch

Drives: 21 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Every time I see one of these poseur owners who never track their car it hurts my soul and makes me want to puke. Might as well drive a Prius if you're just gonna take a ZL1 to Prius limits.
Maybe buddy can hire you to plasti dip it kiddo.
Old 03-31-2022, 07:33 AM   #25
infinitereality
Limitless Imagination

Drives: 2018 ZL1 & 2022 Hayabusa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
Since black made you only want to puke, hopefully the new color of my tow hook actually makes you puke.
Attached Images

- RotoFab Dry, Forgestar CF5V (ZLE Spec), Eibach Pro, AeroForce Interceptor, GT4 Tow Hook
- Carbon Fiber (Satin): Radio, Shifter, Steering Wheel Controls, Shifter Top, AC Vents, Side Mirrors & Shark Fin
2022 Suzuki Hayabusa - Brilliant White Pearl & Shocker Yellow Wheels
- +4 Arm, 240 OEM Wheel, Brock's CT (Ti) Exhaust, 1.25" drop, etc...
infinitereality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 07:36 AM   #26
infinitereality
Limitless Imagination

Drives: 2018 ZL1 & 2022 Hayabusa
I had a few things I was getting done in Shocker Yellow and knowing I'll be back there in a month to get the busa wheels done, figured I'd give it a shot.

Nope, nada, not feeling it at all and will most definitely get redone back to gloss black. I'll share pictures when powdercoat is new and then in 6 months I'll update to show quality powder won't fade like ZL1Addon's
- RotoFab Dry, Forgestar CF5V (ZLE Spec), Eibach Pro, AeroForce Interceptor, GT4 Tow Hook
- Carbon Fiber (Satin): Radio, Shifter, Steering Wheel Controls, Shifter Top, AC Vents, Side Mirrors & Shark Fin
2022 Suzuki Hayabusa - Brilliant White Pearl & Shocker Yellow Wheels
- +4 Arm, 240 OEM Wheel, Brock's CT (Ti) Exhaust, 1.25" drop, etc...
infinitereality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 07:50 AM   #27
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
For everyone who says to repaint, you need to go back and look at the thread title.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 08:27 AM   #28
ColeD

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Well that sucks. I just ordered rock guards and lift points from them.

At least I cheaped out on the tow hook and ordered from American muscle Camaro instead.