Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-22-2020, 10:39 AM   #43
3Putt

Drives: 2020 SS
If GM wanted to try and sell the Camaro, I think they would. I've only had my car a few months and the only reason I bought it was that we were looking for a convertible. I had no idea about the low sales. Frankly I had forgotten about the Camaro until I did a convertible search.

Just from the reading I've been doing here, it sounds like GM is going to let it fade away and then reintroduce as an EV a couple of years after.

FWIW, we would not have bought the coupe because the poor visibility is a handicap in heavier city traffic. Also, for me, the Dodge products are more comfortable to sit in.

My 2 cents.

3Putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 11:49 AM   #44
Hops

Drives: 2019 1ss 1le, blue wrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by closs2sx View Post
I use 1k+ hp on the street just fine and always looking for more so sorry but 455 is boring the civic type r has over 300 and is not far off pace of the ss and to me thats a shame come on GM. My 2000 camaro ss convertible was faster than a 2020 camaro with only a rear gear swap and drag radials and that car was not anything special

i'm kinda of bored with 455hp on the street. But i didn't buy mine to just go in a straight line. The v6 1le matches the civic type r Lightning Lap time.
Hops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 12:02 PM   #45
josephr25

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hops View Post
Just tonight, i chose to take my Camaro for an hour of errands in Rockville, MD vs the rental Tahoe we have as my wifes Traverse is in the shop. Yeah i know the Tahoe is huge, but from the Camaro reviews i read before i got the Camaro, i thought the outward visibility and usability was like a LeMans prototype.

I really think the lack of usability in the Camaro is a little overdone. Because of these reviews i flat out dismissed the car. I probably postpone buying a Camaro a year or two.

I feel like I am in an LMP2 car in this thing (SS 1LE), especially on the highway and track mode. I don't go particularly fast but slower traffic tends to move out of the way most of the time.
josephr25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 12:04 PM   #46
The White Devil

Drives: Rally Green LT1
At my dealership we have only sold 3 this year so far. 1 was mine! The only good incentive I've noticed is the $3,000 offer to employees if they lease. 455hp and per the My Chevrolet app, I got 31 mpg today!
The White Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 12:25 PM   #47
ModernCamaroZ28Fan
LT1_Radenso

Drives: a 2 spd water bottle
Quote:
i'm kinda of bored with 455hp on the street. But i didn't buy mine to just go in a straight line. The v6 1le matches the civic type r Lightning Lap time.
The Type R is also the same price as the SS almost.

ModernCamaroZ28Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 12:47 PM   #48
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModernCamaroZ28Fan View Post
...The exterior design was the only thing that drew people to the car, and they kinda messed that up for themselves after 2019...
I dunno, lots of people seem to like my 19. Maybe it's with the Shock colour, but some people I have talked to said they also like the front.

Could be them being nice, but I personally also disliked the facelift when it came out, then warmed up to it.

Quote:
I use 1k+ hp on the street just fine and always looking for more so sorry but 455 is boring the civic type r has over 300 and is not far off pace of the ss and to me thats a shame come on GM. My 2000 camaro ss convertible was faster than a 2020 camaro with only a rear gear swap and drag radials and that car was not anything special
Quote:
You guys are in the absolute minority, then. Streets for you probably means highways. If I am still living in Fort Mac, maybe I will have the same thought.

In BC, high horsepower really is just an invite for the police to endlessly harass you. Oh and get caught with going 40 km/h(25 MPH) over the speed limit? Kiss goodbye with your car for a week. I hope you like your car sitting in the sun with bird crap all over it.

Recall that 60% of the Camaro sales are from the 2.0T/3.6 models, so I agree that power isn't the issue here.

Sent from toaster or something

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 01:12 PM   #49
Thill444

Drives: 2020 SS1LE Shadow Gray Metallic
If you want more than 455hp then buy the ZL1? I don't think the power is it.

I have always thought the GM design team went way too safe on the Gen6 design. They made it too close to the Gen5. It's not a knock on the Gen5 design, but it may not appeal to people who already had a Gen5 and it may have dissuaded people who didn't like the Gen5 from buying.

In the end, I love the overall package the SS1LE offers so it was an easy decision to me, but I can see where other people may be more attracted to a Mustang or Challenger.

If the Camaro survives to gen7 it will be very interesting to see what direction they take it in terms of packaging and style.

The C8 is getting lots of recognition in terms of radical design and it's the best Chevy interior I have sat in. So there is potential.
Thill444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 01:32 PM   #50
closs2sx

Drives: 1970 chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thill444 View Post
If you want more than 455hp then buy the ZL1? I don't think the power is it.

I have always thought the GM design team went way too safe on the Gen6 design. They made it too close to the Gen5. It's not a knock on the Gen5 design, but it may not appeal to people who already had a Gen5 and it may have dissuaded people who didn't like the Gen5 from buying.

In the end, I love the overall package the SS1LE offers so it was an easy decision to me, but I can see where other people may be more attracted to a Mustang or Challenger.

If the Camaro survives to gen7 it will be very interesting to see what direction they take it in terms of packaging and style.

The C8 is getting lots of recognition in terms of radical design and it's the best Chevy interior I have sat in. So there is potential.
I have a zl1 1le and in stock form its just plain slow for me. Currently under an extreme makeover to make it better
Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic
Dads Car
2013 ZL1 vin 963
Crystal Red Tint Coat/Black Wheels
Exposed Carbon Fiber Insert
6 Spd Manual
closs2sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 01:50 PM   #51
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
Quote:
My 2000 camaro ss convertible was faster than a 2020 camaro with only a rear gear swap and drag radials and that car was not anything special
no, it wasn't.
Old 09-22-2020, 02:22 PM   #52
hfur
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Chevy camaro
hey, overall its a lot of sales

camaro sales since brought back:

2010 - 81,299
2011 - 88249
2012 - 84,391
2013 - 80,567
2014 - 86,297
2015 - 77,502

total 5th generation: 498,305

2016 - 72,705
2017 - 67,940
2018 - 50,963
2019 - 48,265
2020 - 13,200 (so far)

total 6th generation: 252,873

total for all camaro's since reintroduction - 751,178

751,178 divided by 11 years - 68,288

That still is a lot of 2 door coupes under the Chevrolet Camaro Banner...

I know most people on this forum are probably highly competitive, so it does bother some people that the mustang and challenger has higher sale amounts. We as natural human beings love "to win"...but hey, we love camaro's, it's a great car, glad they brought it back, i'm very thankful I am healthy enough to enjoy driving...so lets not give up...Maybe in 2023 or beyond, the 7th generation camaro (if they make one) will be great!
hfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 02:22 PM   #53
Hops

Drives: 2019 1ss 1le, blue wrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
You guys are in the absolute minority, then. Streets for you probably means highways. If I am still living in Fort Mac, maybe I will have the same thought.

well, i have very little opportunity do anything in my daily drive that involves turning. If i'm lucky, i get a highway exit/entrance to myself once a week. But i didn't buy my Camaro for the straight line speed. I bought it was a dual track car / daily driver. I would have bought it if it had 400hp. Heck, deciding on a v6 vs v8 was difficult for me.
Hops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 02:35 PM   #54
IOMCamaroSS
#PrimeCamaros

Drives: IOM '10 Camaro SS
I could care less about winning the sales battle. I just want it to sell enough for the Camaro to continue on. Those 6th gen numbers are pathetic. It makes me sick how Chevy is treating the Camaro like it doesn’t even exist in their lineup. It’s going to be a slow, painful death for the Camaro unfortunately..
Old 09-22-2020, 03:03 PM   #55
I`m Batman

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMCamaroSS View Post
I could care less about...

I couldn't care less...

If you could care less means you still care and you can care less...

Technically you can use both, but just because you can doesn't mean it's right.

Sorry, when I read it or hear someone say it, it just bugs me a bit because it doesn't make any sense. lol
I`m Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 03:26 PM   #56
Thill444

Drives: 2020 SS1LE Shadow Gray Metallic
Quote:
I have a zl1 1le and in stock form its just plain slow for me. Currently under an extreme makeover to make it better
Yeah but you are the exception and not the reason people buy less Camaro's. No matter what car you buy you will likely be modifying it. Nothing wrong with that, but if GM offered a 1000hp Camaro it's not like it would help them sell 40K more cars a year. They might sell another couple hundred, because only so many people would want a $100K Camaro.
Thill444 is offline   Reply With Quote