Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 12-20-2019, 05:06 PM   #29
byrds8

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS, L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
Also, remember that if you're replacing the rotors, you will need to replace the caliper bolts as well. The caliper bolts are one time use only, per the GM service manual. You'll need 4 of each of these.

Also, replacing pads and rotors is easy if you have the time and correct tools. I just did my fronts on Saturday. It took me about an hour and half to do pads and rotors for the front.

Are there any alternate PNs for this? I saw DORMAN 14947 for the fronts on Rock Auto but there wasnt anything listed from the rear. Our local dealer doesnt have any in stock.
2013 Camaro SS/RS, Stainless Power long tube headers with HF's, Air Raid CAI, Solo Mach XL cat back, BC Racing coil overs, Elite Engineering catch can, Ferrada Forge 8 Wheels, Windows tinted at 20%, Tuned by Dyno Steve.
byrds8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 09:31 PM   #30
Matty Ice

Drives: 2015 SS/RS 1LE
Not sure what you are asking for, front or rear caliper bolts, both? Pace Performance has both of them in stock.
Matty Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 10:08 PM   #31
byrds8

Guess I should have been more clear lol sorry. I was wondering if there was an alternate PN for the rear. The Dorman listed above pulled up on Rock Auto as fitting the fronts. When I look at Pace Performance it says call to see if they are in stock due to the strike they have delays on GM parts. I am assuming that is why the places I have looked dont have them and are listing ship times like in Jan and Feb.
2013 Camaro SS/RS, Stainless Power long tube headers with HF's, Air Raid CAI, Solo Mach XL cat back, BC Racing coil overs, Elite Engineering catch can, Ferrada Forge 8 Wheels, Windows tinted at 20%, Tuned by Dyno Steve.
Old 12-21-2019, 11:01 AM   #32
byrds8

Never mind, I am good. One of the dealerships here ordered them from their warehouse in Jacksonville. So I ordered all the other parts off Rock Auto.

Last edited by byrds8; 12-21-2019 at 11:36 AM.
Old 12-21-2019, 02:10 PM   #33
Matty Ice

Cool, glad it worked out.
Old 12-21-2019, 02:41 PM   #34
byrds8

Yeah me to. Found a place that said they would turn the rotors. They started out saying the price would be $152. Then I needed new pads for the front and they wanted to sand down the rear pads. Price was all of a sudden $750. So needless to say the I can buy all new parts for less lol.
Old 12-21-2019, 11:54 PM   #35
Matty Ice

Turning rotors is iffy. They can warp a tad if you get them hot and then you get a little pulsating in the pedal/brakes. Better to cry once and get new rotors.
Old 12-27-2019, 03:03 PM   #36
byrds8

Got everything swapped out today. Cant say Im impressed. I was hoping since everyone kinda said stock was hard to beat they would stop better than what was on the car when I got it. So far they dont stop nearly as well and the pedal feels a bit softer.
Old 12-27-2019, 06:18 PM   #37
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by byrds8 View Post
Got everything swapped out today. Cant say Im impressed. I was hoping since everyone kinda said stock was hard to beat they would stop better than what was on the car when I got it. So far they dont stop nearly as well and the pedal feels a bit softer.
stock is semi-metallic. ceramic is harder and stops harder, however it wears out your rotors faster at the same time. I have the Duralast Gold pads in semi-metallic with virtually no noise. I tried out OEM, PFC Carbon Metallic brakes, Hawk HFC pads, and a couple other brands. By far, the PFC Carbon Metallic brakes stopped the fastest. super stiff brake pedal compared to stock OE pads. but they were noisy because they're harder.

So if you want the brakes to stop harder or faster, you get to deal with brake noise. I say go with the duralast gold since they come with a lifetime warranty anyways.
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 07:06 PM   #38
byrds8

I thought everywhere I read, ceramic didnt stop as well but produced less dust.