Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 10-14-2018, 08:06 AM   #15
Drsagacity

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Nightfall Gray vert
Ok. After doing more research I think pure E85 will allow the most timing. It will allow more timing than race fuel like MS109. Shizzy is right. E85 will allow more timing than race fuel. That means the power comes from the ability to run more boost with race fuel.

Running 93 with methanol injection comes out to be about the same octane as e85, but doesnt require as much fuel, so you can absolutely push to higher HP levels. The problem is the methanol system doesn't have the same fail safe as our normal fuel system so any failure and things can go sideways in a hurry. I am not going to add alky for octane requirements. I know I can show more power, but it just doesn't make sense to me logically.

I think that reducing %e from 70-50 and upping the boost might let me get to 800whp (or very close). I also think I could add alky injection just for cooling and more optimal performance even on crazy hot days but won't be catastrophic if the system fails because I will already be at the right octane level from my fuel. In this case, alky will provide additional cooling to allow better timing and more optimal performance, but a system failure does nothing in terms of safety (only running for cooling not octane).

2018 Corvette Z06 vert- Black
To be tuned by JRE Racing
TBD performance
Drsagacity is offline   Reply With Quote