Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-03-2018, 08:44 AM   #1
SSShark

Drives: '23 1SS Sharkskin A10
What exhaust do you have?

Ok guys, I am still so undecided about which exhaust to go with. I've been all over the I4 threads asking questions so I decided to start this thread. If you could please share what exhaust is on your car, that might help me to finally pull trigger. Thanks!!
SSShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 09:01 AM   #2
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
We have tried many different combo's in a bunch of different cars here at the shop and the one's we love the most is headers combined with the Borla S-type, ARH headers with the NPP exhaust or the stock headers with the Borla Atak. The S-type sounds great on it own if your not wanting to void any warranties. The Atak is also great on it own but way louder and if you do headers after say goodbye to your eardrums.

Let us know if you have any further questions! Feel free to call, PM or email us at any time.

Cheers,

Kayla L.
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 09:37 AM   #3
SSShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDP Sales View Post
We have tried many different combo's in a bunch of different cars here at the shop and the one's we love the most is headers combined with the Borla S-type, ARH headers with the NPP exhaust or the stock headers with the Borla Atak. The S-type sounds great on it own if your not wanting to void any warranties. The Atak is also great on it own but way louder and if you do headers after say goodbye to your eardrums.

Let us know if you have any further questions! Feel free to call, PM or email us at any time.

Cheers,

Kayla L.
Hi Kayla, thank you so much for the feedback. It's my first Camaro in years and making the wrong choice could get expensive. Thanks again!
Old 10-03-2018, 09:43 AM   #4
dekes1

Drives: Camaro like
Quote:

Cheers,

Kayla L.

I think there's some confusion here. The 2.0 turbo does not have "headers", and there's currently no aftermarket exhaust manifolds by any manufacturer (including ARH) for this engine. The 2.0 also does not have the NPP exhaust. I think you may have assumed this was a V8.
dekes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 09:50 AM   #5
SSShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekes1 View Post
I think there's some confusion here. The 2.0 turbo does not have "headers", and there's currently no aftermarket exhaust manifolds by any manufacturer (including ARH) for this engine. The 2.0 also does not have the NPP exhaust. I think you may have assumed this was a V8.
Yeah I thought the same. I went on their website and saw that the only options they offer for the 2.0T are the Borla axle backs.
Old 10-03-2018, 11:24 AM   #6
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
To clarify I was just suggesting what combos we have done and liked. I realize I shouldn't have suggested headers for your set up (I blame it on lack of coffee this morning), but I still think the Borla is your best bet for a great sounding car. I wouldn't get anything you see off of ebay! I apologize for the confusing in my earlier post!

Cheers,

Kayla L.
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 11:28 AM   #7
SSShark

Quote:
To clarify I was just suggesting what combos we have done and liked. I realize I shouldn't have suggested headers for your set up (I blame it on lack of coffee this morning), but I still think the Borla is your best bet for a great sounding car. I wouldn't get anything you see off of ebay! I apologize for the confusing in my earlier post!

Cheers,

Kayla L.
Hey Kayla. No worries. I appreciate you taking the time to reply. Din't worry, no ebay for me
Old 10-03-2018, 11:56 AM   #8
whiskeyfed
Pat

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT I4 Turbo A8
I have the SLP Loudmouth Axle Back. Bought from Phastek. Pretty much the most inexpensive option out there but if you are in an are where you can get a muffler delete for a good price, it is basically the same thing. Borla is SUPER expensive.

You can put an SS axle back on a 2.0 but it requires some modification im sure. You can spend the money on a cat-back system but that will likely put you about the 600-700 dollar mark. If you check out the stickied post on the 4 cyl page, theres a list of mods including exhaust.

You can check out how mine sounds on my IG page linked below. I LOVE the sound. I also have the ZZP catted hi flo downpipe which by itself will alter the sound of the exhaust a little bit. I will say the drone on long drives is a bit annoying however.

I will say that videos do not do justice to the volume of a muffler delete. It is way louder in person.

Subscribe on YouTube Whiskeyfed Camaro

Follow my Build Thread The WhiskeyFed Camaro

Current Modifications: JacFab Boost-O-Lator, Injen Evolution CAI, ZZP Catless Downpipe, RPM 3" Charge Pipe, Mishimoto Oil Filtration/Coolant Systems, R1 Concepts Brakes Package, Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs, PTP Lava Exhaust Wrap & Turbo Blanket

DYNO SHEET: 297whp / 374wtq
Tuned by #danytechtuning
whiskeyfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 12:30 PM   #9
SSShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyfed View Post
I have the SLP Loudmouth Axle Back. Bought from Phastek. Pretty much the most inexpensive option out there but if you are in an are where you can get a muffler delete for a good price, it is basically the same thing. Borla is SUPER expensive.

You can put an SS axle back on a 2.0 but it requires some modification im sure. You can spend the money on a cat-back system but that will likely put you about the 600-700 dollar mark. If you check out the stickied post on the 4 cyl page, theres a list of mods including exhaust.

You can check out how mine sounds on my IG page linked below. I LOVE the sound. I also have the ZZP catted hi flo downpipe which by itself will alter the sound of the exhaust a little bit. I will say the drone on long drives is a bit annoying however.

I will say that videos do not do justice to the volume of a muffler delete. It is way louder in person.
Thanks @wiskeyfed. Beautiful ride man! I checked out your vids, SLP might be a little louder than I want to go. Not saying I don't like, because it does sound badass. Just a little too loud for me as a daily driver. I like the Mishimoto catback and the Borla S-Type. And believe it or not, I love the sound of the Flownaster catback.
The Borla is so damn expensive though and I don't really see the benefit of the Mishi 3" catback. Flowmaster seems to me to be the biggest bang for the buck.
Old 10-03-2018, 03:44 PM   #10
b0bsaget007

Drives: 2016 2LT RS Blue Velvet
Right now, I have a ZZP catted downpipe with the stock cat-back system.

I do want to pair it with a Hooker Blackheart cat-back with mufflers, I'll probably get it when they have a sale (probably this year Black Friday).

PC: i5-6600; RX 480 4GB; 16GB DDR4; Samsung 950 PRO 512GB SSD
Car: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS 2.0T 6M Blue Velvet Metallic | ZZP Hi-Flow Catted Downpipe | Injen EVO7300 Cold Air Intake
b0bsaget007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 03:53 PM   #11
SSShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0bsaget007 View Post
Right now, I have a ZZP catted downpipe with the stock cat-back system.

I do want to pair it with a Hooker Blackheart cat-back with mufflers, I'll probably get it when they have a sale (probably this year Black Friday).

Thanks man. I like the Blackheart setup also. A little louder than I would like for my daily driver but very nice sound.
I wish somebody that has the Flowmasters could post a sound video. That one is growing on me.
Old 10-03-2018, 04:07 PM   #12
b0bsaget007

Drives: 2016 2LT RS Blue Velvet
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyfl2004 View Post
Thanks man. I like the Blackheart setup also. A little louder than I would like for my daily driver but very nice sound.
I wish somebody that has the Flowmasters could post a sound video. That one is growing on me.
You mean like this?

PC: i5-6600; RX 480 4GB; 16GB DDR4; Samsung 950 PRO 512GB SSD
Car: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS 2.0T 6M Blue Velvet Metallic | ZZP Hi-Flow Catted Downpipe | Injen EVO7300 Cold Air Intake
b0bsaget007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 05:00 PM   #13
SSShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0bsaget007 View Post
You mean like this?

Yes, but I was hoping someone could post an actual video. That looks like a mfr video, not sure if the setup is complete stock with just the Flowmaster axle-back?
Old 10-03-2018, 09:51 PM   #14
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
I have one up on my youtube page ZZP Catted DP, Injen CAI and Flowmaster Axle-back.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote