Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-28-2018, 06:25 PM   #15
1911 1LE

Drives: 2015 SW 2SS 1LE
^^^I can't wait for this^^^ Hint "Texas A&M"
Maggie 2650 @ 18psi/ 75mm 10 rib/ Dual alky nozzles/ Roto-fab/ ARH 2" Lt's/ GT-12 cam/ ZL1 3.23 Conv./MGW/RPS triple carbon clutch/RSG tranny upgrage/Pedders Ex. XA w/ remote cans and a lot of other crap 897/8??@tires
1911 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 06:38 PM   #16
Sinister10

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerTM View Post
Who is paying the "lifetime" warranty claims? Dollars to Donuts that tech will install whatever you want. It doesn't mean anything to him, he gets paid all the same. But they will probably warn you that if it fails it's on your dime to replace.
The lifetime warranty is supplied by the dealer.

This is where I’m in a conundrum, if they say they will install the support but not cover it again if/when it fails, then I’m stuck with the bill to repair it.

I’m REALLY familiar with the 4th gens (Trans Am) and pretty much know the ins and outs of that car but have NO experience with the 5th gen. How difficult is the Trans to pull? On stands I’m sure is a lot more of a PITA, which is they way I would most likely have to do it. Is the basic setup similar to the t56?
2010 2SS/RS 6M, MGW flatstick, CAI cold air intake, SLP loudmouth 2 axleback, TSP 1 7/8 headers w/ hfc, pfadt 1" springs, SRP pedals, emblempros "6.2L" emblems on hood, ZL1 grill, M/T SC-5 wheels, nitto motivo 275f 315r. ZL1 addons wickerbill, smoked lenses, resonator delete x pipe, diode dynamics DRLs 1LE suede steering wheel, mighty mouse CC. SCTX4 and Dyno Steve tune.
Sinister10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 07:40 PM   #17
1LEJNG

Drives: Red Hot 2014 1LE
hint

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911 1LE View Post
^^^I can't wait for this^^^ Hint "Texas A&M"
I'll Google it a&m means nothing to me
1LEJNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 12:34 PM   #18
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEJNG View Post
I'll Google it a&m means nothing to me
"A&M" are links to the Universities original name, Agricultural & Mechanical College of Texas.

Whats a car with fake, or real wood sides.... A woody or woodie....

Someone that follows a band around... A groupie....

Someone that makes bets.... a bookie....

Someone that studies agriculture.... an Aggie....

Primarily what Aggie means when referring to ones self as an Aggie is to tie yourself to the most tradition and honor bound university in the country. Where traditions mean something and there is Pride in the name and association. There are no fair weather Aggies....

The Thumbs Up gesture, "Gig'em" originated before the 1930 football game against TCU, the Horned Frogs.... The tool used to hunt horned frogs was a "gig" or "frog gig" and so thumbs up and "Gig'em" became synonymous with holding yourself proud as a member, Faculty, Alum, Student or Supporter of the Greatest University in the Country.... This is traditionally performed with the right hand.

Like in Texas, "Howdy" is an expression of hello.... It takes on a new meaning at Texas A&M, which is known among other colleges as one of the most friendly campuses in the Country.... Fans from other schools that occasionally end up in the student section at Kyle Field report having more fun and learning more about tradition than in any other stadium they have ever attended. A&M is a welcoming and warm campus.

Around 20,000 Aggies served in WWII, and seven of them won the Medal of Honor.. A total of 8 Aggies carry this Honor.

One of the most revered places on Campus is the Memorial Student Center or MSC, where the Hall of Honor is located, dedicated to those who gave all in service of their country.

Tradition, Pride and honor mean much and are not just throw away words at Texas A&M. Make jokes about us, we can take it and toss them back. Probably funnier ones as well... "Aggie Jokes" are over a hundred years old and continue to this day.... It's an ever growing field of humor.

What do you call and Aggie 6 months after graduation.... "Boss."

I attended Texas A&M Fire Training Academy, Recruit Class #45 in 1983. I've also attended many other classes at the Engineering Extension Service, and taught as an instructor for some of the classes held at Brayton Fire Training Field. Arguably the premier fire training system in the country. I was born and raised in an Aggie family.... My Grandfather, Buck Taylor, flew B-24's over Germany and other European areas during WWII.. (I have the complete set of Flight training manuals for the B-24 Liberator Bomber) My dad attended A&M and served in the US Air Force. My sister and her husband both graduated from A&M. My niece and Nephew both attend A&M. Like the University Traditions, being an Aggie is a family Tradition...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote