Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-26-2018, 11:38 AM   #43
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
I grew up watching NASCAR in the 80s. DW's Mountain Dew Regal was my favorite car as a kid. Back then there were fewer rules. The racing might be technically as competitive as ever but it's really clinical now. Leave that to Formula 1. America is all about not following rules. The more rules you have the less people will be interested. That's a fact. Look at MLB baseball and NFL football - insipid and extraneous rules have been implemented over the last few years and interest is down.

I don't know if you'd consider 4 years a very long time but I was a long time NASCAR fan and it just started to bore me to death. I was actually just at the hall of fame in August and loved it. The history is interesting, but it stops being interesting right about the time they brought out the chase. But they need to make big changes and make them fast. If they lose people like me they're in serious trouble. And they are. There's rumors the France family is considering selling to Disney. Sponsorship is way down. Lowes is leaving after being one of the main sponsors since 1997. And it still don't seem right for Toyota to be in it. Yikes.
I agree with most everything you say. I was a diehard too and now just a casual viewer, but I have noticed over the past two years better overall racing. I do however feel it's days are numbered especially if Disney ends up with it. They take the fun out of everything unless you're eight?
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 12:03 PM   #44

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
It's a shame with all the great hi-performance cars that you can drive off the showroom floor, that they can't come up with a hi profile series that actually races basically "stock" cars....Camaros, Challengers, Chargers, Mustangs....They are all out there brand new and ready for the track, yet "Stock Car" racing is absent...

If the big 3 want to market and promote their brand, there needs to be a race series where the cars are basically what you can buy on Monday after the race...Looks and power-train....

NASCAR has lost that connection, and is losing popularity. The manufacturers are missing a once in a lifetime opportunity to use a NASCAR format with the modern-muscle, new-age muscle, high-horsepower, track capable factory built cars that are currently sitting idle and never seen by the public at a stock car race.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 12:17 PM   #45
V8 Firebird

Drives: ⚡Electric TM3 ⚡
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
You must not have been to many racetracks. That happens in every type of racing.

Hell it happens in every sport damn near.
I admit that I don't have watched lot of NASCAR even Indycar...

Because I'm sportcar racing or endurance racing fan, I almost watch IMSA and PWC.

I have been watching both for few years, but I haven't seen any that kind fights in both.

Maybe, I should check it...
Old 09-26-2018, 12:30 PM   #46
motorhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Firebird View Post
I admit that I don't have watched lot of NASCAR even Indycar...

Because I'm sportcar racing or endurance racing fan, I almost watch IMSA and PWC.

I have been watching both for few years, but I haven't seen any that kind fights in both.

Maybe, I should check it...
Well, just because it doesn't make TV doesn't mean it doesn't happen at times. If it wasn't for a brawl NASCAR would probably never have reached the viewership it did. That one race propelled the series. It shows that people being human and passionate about what they are doing. I enjoy seeing people that aren't programmed. Besides it doesn't happen that often. Like it or not NASCAR is still the most successful racing Series and those types of things will be reported on. I actually think it's more comical how NHRA's drivers seem to talk like professional wrestlers these days. I often wish they would throw some punches instead of talking smack during their interviews. It's rather cheesy.
Old 09-26-2018, 12:51 PM   #47
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by I`m Batman View Post
Stewart: I saw a figure on the track
In a deposition with Ward's family lawyer, Stewart recalls what happened after Ward crashed:
Question: So when you came around turn 1, did you see his car?
Stewart: Yes...
Question: After you saw his car, you saw him; he was on the track?
Stewart: After I -- yeah, after I saw his car, then I saw him.
Question: Okay. And --
Stewart: Or a figure. I didn't know that it was him...
Stewart: He was running at me
Stewart: I realized he was running down the racetrack toward me.
Question: Okay. For what purpose did you apply throttle to your car?
Stewart: To try to drive the car down to the left to get away from him.
Question: And was that immediately prior to the impact between him and your car?
Stewart: Yes.
Ward's family: Why did Stewart hit the gas?
Question: And if you apply throttle in that situation and steer to the left, isn't the back of your car going to slide to the right?
Stewart: It did in that scenario, yes.
Again, you are not understanding how this type of car works.

You are Wrong, Period!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 01:03 PM   #48
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Mouce View Post
Tony was a hot shot big deal Race car driver not about to take any sh!!t from a rookie kid....so he killed him.

If anything that stupid kid committed suicide for going on a Active RaceTrack.

Last edited by BMR Sales; 09-27-2018 at 03:26 PM.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 01:14 PM   #49
Billabongi

Drives: '17 SS 50th Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by S2K+1LE View Post
Yeah what's the last exciting thing to happen in NASCAR, one of their scum of the earth drivers runs over a younger driver on a circle track and gets away with it because 'celebrity'?

Please, you obviously know nothing about sprint cars or Tony Stewart. Stupid people spouting off about stupid things as usual.

You should really take a look at a Sprint Car to see how they are setup, or you know actually become acclimated with the racing\driving style required to drive a Sprint Car. They are not even remotely close to a normal car and can barely drive in a straight line.
2017 50th Anniversary 2LT\RS - #1583 SOLD
2017 50th Anniversary 2SS - #3410
Billabongi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 01:26 PM   #50
motorhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Mouce View Post
Tony was a hot shot big deal Race car driver not about to take any sh!!t from a rookie kid....so he killed him.
Get out of mom's basement and stop watching the soaps. That isn't real life.
Old 09-26-2018, 01:30 PM   #51
S2K+1LE
Account Suspended

Drives: 17 SS 1LE | 07 S2K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billabongi View Post
Stupid people spouting off about stupid things as usual.
This is really the only true way to show your lack of intelligence and inability to defend your position. When you attack others, you are defensive. Be a better person.

*additionally crosses BMR off of my supported companies list, lol wow some of you need to log off!

Last edited by S2K+1LE; 09-26-2018 at 03:52 PM.
S2K+1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 03:26 PM   #52
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
Again, you are not understanding how this type of car works.

You are Wrong, Period!

How the car works? Its like blaming the gun for when someone one points a gun at someone and pulls the trigger. He's a race car driver who can't control his vehicle under caution. His foot was on the throttle when it should not have been.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 03:38 PM   #53
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
How the car works? Its like blaming the gun for when someone one points a gun at someone and pulls the trigger. He's a race car driver who can't control his vehicle under caution. His foot was on the throttle when it should not have been.
More like some high kid walking into a gun range and wondering why he got shot.
Nsxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 03:56 PM   #54
motorhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2K+1LE View Post
This is really the only true way to show your lack of intelligence and inability to defend your position. When you attack others, you are defensive. Be a better person.

*additionally crosses BMR off of my supported companies list, lol wow some of you need to log off!
Win some you lose some BMR is on mine supported company list now. They get it.
Old 09-26-2018, 03:58 PM   #55
motorhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsxmatt View Post
More like some high kid walking into a gun range and wondering why he got shot.
Better yet, a Hi kid goes into a gun range and angrily tries to jump on someone and get shot.
Old 09-26-2018, 04:01 PM   #56
S2K+1LE
Account Suspended

Drives: 17 SS 1LE | 07 S2K
Yes, they get telling people they are wrong and don't know what they are talking about... without explaining anything or showing any knowledge.

Brilliant. All yours! lol
S2K+1LE is offline   Reply With Quote