Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Phastek Performance

Old 05-14-2018, 09:46 PM   #1
rorymick

Drives: 2016 Camaro RS 1LT 2.0L Turbo
Bose mute signal wire?

I'm about to start installing my Anti-laser priority system and the control module comes with a stereo mute wire which will mute the stereo system when I get an alert. I'd love to use this feature! Does anyone know if and which wire I can tap into on the Bose amp that will respond to such a function?

I kinda wanna get all the wiring ran at once instead of going back to re run some wires.
Old 05-15-2018, 06:52 AM   #2
Nitro66215

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Vert - M6,SIM,CFW,NAV
Correct me if I'm wrong.... The AMP is ran off of the MOST bus. It communicates with serial data. Does this anti-laser system have the ability to communicate on the MOST bus? If not, the wiring diagrams do not have a simple mute line that you can see. If it is ground then maybe tie in a relay that will disconnect power to the amp (X1 pin 4). That is if you are hooking the sound alert output to the speaker wires directly and have no intentions of using the amp.

Alternative, tie into the steering wheel button that mutes the sound. Then have your system tied directly into the speakers. However, looking at the diagram... it may also be a data signal and not a simple grounding.
Attached Images

2018 2SS Vert - Hot Wheels - Indy 500 #30

2017 ZL1 Vert - M6 , SIM, CFW, NAV

2017 RS 1LT 2.0T Vert - A8, Garnet Red - SOLD :-(
Added - IO6 - NAV, UHS - Enhanced Display, K4C - Wireless Charger, UV6 -
Heads-Up Display - DIY

2011 CTS-V - Black / Black - SOLD. :-(
2013 ZL1 - Black / Black - SOLD. :-(
2010 2SS - Indy 500 Pace Car. - SOLD. :-(
2002 Z28 - Pewter / Black - SOLD. :-(
Nitro66215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 07:33 AM   #3
rorymick

Drives: 2016 Camaro RS 1LT 2.0L Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro66215 View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong.... The AMP is ran off of the MOST bus. It communicates with serial data. Does this anti-laser system have the ability to communicate on the MOST bus? If not, the wiring diagrams do not have a simple mute line that you can see. If it is ground then maybe tie in a relay that will disconnect power to the amp (X1 pin 4). That is if you are hooking the sound alert output to the speaker wires directly and have no intentions of using the amp.

Alternative, tie into the steering wheel button that mutes the sound. Then have your system tied directly into the speakers. However, looking at the diagram... it may also be a data signal and not a simple grounding.
There is also a relay wire included in the Anti laser harness. Since I have the module mounted under the driver side dash on the side of the kick panel...I'll extend that relay wire to the Bose amp in the trunk so that it's at least there to set up something, perhaps I can relay break the front door speakers to attenuate enough audio to better hear an alert.

I'm also installing a JL microsub+ and using the door speaker inputs. So I'll be messing with those already.

And as for how the sound comes through the anti laser system...it comes with a Little HiFi loud speaker that needs to be mounted under the dash. As well as a little led that I'll mount just above the steering wheel column in that little dark area.
Old 05-15-2018, 04:19 PM   #4
gblaue

Drives: 2017 Bright Yellow ZL1 6spd
Mute comes over MOST and CAN.