Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 04-03-2018, 09:37 PM   #15
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Go get your car...I traveled down that road back when I was just 19(2003) and it does not end well. You do not want a shop like that wrenching on your car. You would be best served by Learning to turn your own wrenches and use a remote tuner. That's what I do and have had much better luck. If that is not a possibility then do not mod it until you find a shop that is worthy...even if that means shipping the car out to a top tier shop in the country. It will be money well spent trust me.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 02:20 AM   #16
boostednut

Drives: Nothing cool atm
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
Go get your car...I traveled down that road back when I was just 19(2003) and it does not end well. You do not want a shop like that wrenching on your car. You would be best served by Learning to turn your own wrenches and use a remote tuner. That's what I do and have had much better luck. If that is not a possibility then do not mod it until you find a shop that is worthy...even if that means shipping the car out to a top tier shop in the country. It will be money well spent trust me.
Yeah agreed.

Any of the supercharger kits you can buy are easy enough to install yourself. Just follow instructions. Use a canned tune to get you running, it will make most of the power. Then go to cunningham or someone reputable to get a real tune once you get some headers. Will save a lot of money too
boostednut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 03:46 AM   #17
streetyme

Drives: 2016 2SS nav mag ride npp a8
Like everyone is saying get the car as soon as you can. I have a mustang that had a shop install blower cams well apparently the shop never wanted to check piston to valve clearance wiped out 3 sets of cams, stock heads were messed up then had to have my car roll backed to another shop when they got the car was like a jigsaw puzzle everything was thrown in my trunk.. The ordeal cost me over 11 grand on a 400 cam install..
Weld Laguna 17x10 18x5

2006 mustang gt Magnuson Livernois stage 2 heads stage 2 blower cams dynatech headers 4.10's Circle D convertor 533/511bs) (9.8lbs)
streetyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 10:05 PM   #18
Epx998
|Engineer|

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
You can always get it installed and used the canned tune until its tuned properly.
Epx998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 11:57 AM   #19
Boosted_Camaro

Drives: Camaro
Is this shop in Santa Clarita and start with a R and end with a M?
Boosted_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 03:16 PM   #20
oneredry
HYPER SS

Drives: 2016 Supercharged 2SS
havn't heard from the OP lately.??? I'm curious as to how this is going to go down.
3400 status 03/07/16 TPW of 03/14/16
4200 status 03/17/16 in transit!
Delivered 03/23/16
2SS Hyper Blue | 6M | NPP | Mag ride | ceramic white Int. | Black out bow ties | P3 Gauge| Front splitter. | 6 pot upgraded brembo brakes. | Magnuson Supercharger/95MM pulley | Rotofab Intake | ZL1 side skirts | HRE FF04 wheels - Michelin PSS4 | ZL1 add ons rock guards and lift points.
| AWE touring - resinated catback with link pipes.
oneredry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 06:19 PM   #21
SSnakeEater

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
UPDATE: I randomly called the shop today and the owner picked up. He said he was working on my car till late last night and will continue working on it until later this evening. He said he would call me later tonight to tell me if I can pick it up tomorrow. This would be awesome because I REALLY want to go to the first NorCal Camaro's and Coffee in Fairfield on 4/8. The owner is apparently partner's with the guy who does the ADM LT4 conversions. He does really clean work from what I could tell from the cars in his shop which is why I wanted to give him a chance. I think communication is just not his strong suit which is a terrible trait to have if you're in business for yourself.
SSnakeEater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 07:03 PM   #22
PackersFan26

Drives: 2017 Summit White 2SS
PM sent
Old 04-06-2018, 11:03 PM   #23
JeromeS13

Drives: 2017 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSnakeEater View Post
UPDATE: I randomly called the shop today and the owner picked up. He said he was working on my car till late last night and will continue working on it until later this evening. He said he would call me later tonight to tell me if I can pick it up tomorrow. This would be awesome because I REALLY want to go to the first NorCal Camaro's and Coffee in Fairfield on 4/8. The owner is apparently partner's with the guy who does the ADM LT4 conversions. He does really clean work from what I could tell from the cars in his shop which is why I wanted to give him a chance. I think communication is just not his strong suit which is a terrible trait to have if you're in business for yourself.
From that, we can narrow down which shop you're referring to.

Starkweather Performance
JeromeS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 04:36 PM   #24
Epx998
|Engineer|

Quote:
Did he follow thru?
Epx998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 05:45 PM   #25
solobaric

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
Updates?
Old 04-08-2018, 07:05 PM   #26
SSnakeEater

I’m driving to the shop tomorrow. It should almost be finished if he actually worked on it 3 days in a row. I’ll know for sure when I get there. As of now I’m out $500 for the rental.
Old 04-11-2018, 05:29 PM   #27
SSnakeEater

And the nightmare continues......I called the shop on Monday and was told the blower was in and the fuel system just needed to be dialed in and it would most likely be done. So I drove an hour and a half to the shop only to find my car in pieces still. Not only did I stay there and help for 7 hours but I returned the next day and worked on my car with him from 930am-8pm. By the time I left, everything was done. He wanted to let the sealant on the DSX pump set over night then he was going to attach all the fittings and dyno it today. I called at 1pm and conveniently the dyno is down. Can someone please help. I am trying to see if Ted can send me a tune to get me rolling so I can get my car out of there then have it remote tuned.
Old 04-11-2018, 06:07 PM   #28
brettman

Quote:
And the nightmare continues......I called the shop on Monday and was told the blower was in and the fuel system just needed to be dialed in and it would most likely be done. So I drove an hour and a half to the shop only to find my car in pieces still. Not only did I stay there and help for 7 hours but I returned the next day and worked on my car with him from 930am-8pm. By the time I left, everything was done. He wanted to let the sealant on the DSX pump set over night then he was going to attach all the fittings and dyno it today. I called at 1pm and conveniently the dyno is down. Can someone please help. I am trying to see if Ted can send me a tune to get me rolling so I can get my car out of there then have it remote tuned.
What a shame. If you unplug the 3bar MAP, reinstall the OEM MAP (front LH side) Just left of the 06/ and plug into it, it will run OK. Drive it like Grandma.
I ran mine with NO codes. Get that CAR out of there.
Attached Images

2016 Camaro 1SS, Red Hot, K&N Blackhawk intake, Whipple Supercharger, 3.125 pulley, Kooks 2" long tube headers, High flow cats, secondary cats delete, Mishimoto catch can, P3gauge, Lots of dress-up crap that don't make it go any faster.

Car Journal http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=490975

SC build http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=492656

Drive, Ride, Fly It Like You Stole It

GO BIG OR GO HOME
brettman is offline   Reply With Quote