Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

AWE Tuning

Old 01-03-2018, 07:20 PM   #1
jparr007

Drives: Audi A5
What would be best possible deal on new 1SS 1LE

Hello,

I'd like to possibly get a new 1SS 1LE this year. However, time is on my side so I'd like to take my time and do my research right. Which is why I'd like to ask as I've read in this forum of people getting crazy good Out The Door prices (OTD).

How do I go about getting a really good if not best possible deal on a 1SS 1LE? What are good OTD numbers to shoot for? For reference, 1SS 1LE msrp is ~$45k. I have used Truecar as a tool to get estimates, but these tools are not very helpful in coming up with OTD numbers as they only offer price on car, then dealer does what they want after that with dealer fees and what not. Also, I figured I'd ask here because this forum is strictly specific to just Camaros.

Also, if it matters what time of the year seems best to do this for a 1SS 1LE. I'm aware that if I wait until the 2019s start rolling out that would be best time, but I tried that with 2017s and by the time 2018 models were out there wasn't any 2017s 1SS 1LEs available. So besides waiting for the new models to start coming in, what would be the next best thing.

If it matters, I'm in Florida but willing to fly out one way and drive back for a kick ass deal.

Thank you for any knowledge you can give me on the subject.
jparr007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 07:28 PM   #2
03silvers

Drives: 2017 1SS 1le
OTD price questions wont help like you think, people have different sales taxes, registration fees etc.

Its even hard to compare prices paid for the car itself, some people qualify for rebates you wont, some dealers sell a car 1k less but add a 600 doc fee other dealers don't.

Best I can help is that I paid 42000 for my car. (msrp was 45700) No Rebates. and before tax, tags, 300 doc fee in July in Maryland, when dealers were having absolutely no issues selling them as fast as they got them in.

Could I have gotten it for 41, probably. but I didn't care. they had the car I wanted when I wanted it.

Most importantly, there have been a lot of posts about people paying 37-39 for these cars otd. search their posts for anything recent. they seem to have disappeared. Probably because that deal wasn't finalized and never existed.
Old 01-03-2018, 07:36 PM   #3
jparr007

Drives: Audi A5
Quote:
Most importantly, there have been a lot of posts about people paying 37-39 for these cars otd. search their posts for anything recent. they seem to have disappeared. Probably because that deal wasn't finalized and never existed.
I'd like to know if that is true or not. I was at a dealer that was giving me a new one for $39k which turned into $44k OTD. The dealer's service was far from good, so I got the vibe that I was getting screwed, which is why I didn't even bother to negotiate. But with your numbers as an example, this dealer was apparently giving me a decent deal.
jparr007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 08:21 PM   #4
InTheMarket

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS
I'm in the exact same boat friend. I want to buy a 1LE brand New, soon. Monitoring. I'm wondering how people get in contact with Becky. I also have seem "seems too good to be true" prices on 1LEs.
InTheMarket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 08:45 PM   #5
Forgotten

Drives: 79,89,94
Here's a search on the local dealer I've been dealing with primarily.

http://www.landerschevroletnorman.co...netPrice+desc&

The 1LEs are both stickered for 43k. If you go to https://www.autotrader.com/Chevrolet/Camaro/2018 you can see the MSRP and Invoice on a 2018 1SS Camaro are $37,000 / $35,520.

According to Chevrolet.com, the 1LE package is 7k. So your MSRP/Invoice are 44k, 42.5k.

This dealer near me is selling for almost invoice. So there's no way in hell "invoice" is what they paid for a car.

As someone mentioned in my initial thread while I was looking for a price point to shoot for in buying a new Camaro, 20 percent off MSRP could be considered a "good deal". So your best case scenario is to get one at 35.2k. That's not going to happen, more than likely, as the demand for these cars is too high. But it gives you a "basement" for your dealing.

Yesterday, the Loyalty bonus of 1500 ended, as well as the "Customer Cash Allowance" of 1k. So the price on everything pretty much went up 2500.

You should also try your best to get a Chevrolet "Private Offer", if you can. Seems like the only way to get one is to keep trying to build a Camaro at chevy.com. I actually got one back in 2014, I think it was 1500 towards the purchase of a new Camaro.

I haven't been so lucky in trying to get one, this year.
Forgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 04:01 AM   #6
Miami_1LE

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
I paid 37K brand new with 3 miles on the clock for my 2018 1LE in Hyper Blue Metallic. And that color was an additional $395. I guess I lucked out. I might have paid the least for a 1LE in america. lol
Miami_1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 09:03 PM   #7
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami_1LE View Post
I paid 37K brand new with 3 miles on the clock for my 2018 1LE in Hyper Blue Metallic. And that color was an additional $395. I guess I lucked out. I might have paid the least for a 1LE in america. lol
What did you trade?
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 06:22 PM   #8
Turbo_J89

Drives: 2015 BVM Camaro 1LE (2SS/RS)
I was shopping last winter and the best you might be able to get then OTD after all fees was around $39,300 with PDR. Subtract $1000 for 1LE's w/o PDR. Camaro sales have been suffering so I'd say the chances of a dealer giving you this deal are better than the same time last year.
Turbo_J89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 11:49 AM   #9
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
IMHO just call up Becky D @ James Martin Chevrolet she will give you a real honest Deal no BS. Sure she is up in Michigan you can fly up and drive it home, have her ship it, or drop ship it to you

Don't let the distance turn you away I picked up my 17 SS Convertible from her and drove it home to Orlando.

Becky's info below >>

Don't forget, I honor ALL DISCOUNTS THAT APPLY!
Available Inventory -James-Martin Chevrolet
BeckyD - I Deliver Nationwide!
..only 20 min from Detroit Metro Airport!
BeckyD@JamesMartinDetroit.com
ChevyFleet@aol.com