Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Thread Closed

Old 12-18-2017, 04:05 PM   #15
oneredry
HYPER SS

Drives: 2016 Supercharged 2SS
with this many negative reviews. looks like I'm taking my business else where. Thanks for the heads up!
3400 status 03/07/16 TPW of 03/14/16
4200 status 03/17/16 in transit!
Delivered 03/23/16
2SS Hyper Blue | 6M | NPP | Mag ride | ceramic white Int. | Black out bow ties | P3 Gauge| Front splitter. | 6 pot upgraded brembo brakes. | Magnuson Supercharger/95MM pulley | Rotofab Intake | ZL1 side skirts | HRE FF04 wheels - Michelin PSS4 | ZL1 add ons rock guards and lift points.
| AWE touring - resinated catback with link pipes.
Old 12-18-2017, 05:23 PM   #16
Gatorac
Chin Event Manager

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Looks like you have enough evidence here to just get your money back and move on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arugon View Post
I have been waiting for my spoiler for over 17 weeks now, THAT'S OVER 1/3 OF A YEAR PEOPLE!

Mark originally contacted ME asking ME to purchase a C.F. version of the ZL1 1LE Spoiler since his sponsor car had gotten totaled ( not sure if that's even true). Told me that I had to pay THAT day or he would give it to someone else. I paid in full Aug 15.

Since that day I have been met with endless reasons for the spoiler to have not shipped, a lot of the same as Denny and probably just that many more!

- RK got behind due to SEMA
- I will make them myself and ship it next week (over 2 months ago)
- FAKE TRACKING NUMBER
- Health issues
- LA Fires

Etc Etc Etc

And that's just a brief summary, no need to write an essay listing all the B.S. I've been fed.

Regardless I have been nothing but patient and cordial with Mark throughout this process, I genuinely peg him as a nice guy with good intentions, but somewhere along the line, all of this...

I'm now being told that the clear had pinholes and is being redone and that the spoiler is "VERY close", well I sure hope that is the truth but who knows at this point.

Whether I receive the spoiler or not, my experience with 6LEDesigns so far has been nothing short of miserable. I've got about 1 month left until I hit the 180 day mark in which I can no longer file a PayPal dispute so I sure hope they deliver soon. Mark has offered me a refund but if I wanted the the money I would have never purchased in the first place.

Not to mention the hood ordered Oct 23rd that I haven't heard a peep about yet.

If I do not get my spoiler and if it is not of exceptional quality you guys can expect a FULL write up of my experience in the Vender Feedback section of the forum along with a BBB claim.

Good news though is that I got to meet Denny throughout all this as we've been in contact about this whole ordeal the past few weeks so there is at least a silver lining hahaha.

Take caution if you plan to order from 6LE Designs guys, hopefully Mark rights the ship though as they have a ton of awesome Gen6 products!
2015 Mustang GTPP
2011 Duramax
Access to several Chin track cars...
Old 12-18-2017, 05:34 PM   #17
Tazz3069

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
In regards to my delivery, when the freight company called to schedule my delivery, I had asked who its from, since mine was ordered 3.5 weeks ago. They said that RK Sport is sending it. I looked at their web side and they do not have that Scorpion Hood. I am wondering if RK Sport is the one making all the stuff??

2016 Camaro 2SS "Black Widow"
Old 12-18-2017, 05:51 PM   #18
Tdiddy7

Drives: 2016 nightfall grey 2LT V6 Camaro
I believe that after SEMA they partnered and RK makes it now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazz3069 View Post
In regards to my delivery, when the freight company called to schedule my delivery, I had asked who its from, since mine was ordered 3.5 weeks ago. They said that RK Sport is sending it. I looked at their web side and they do not have that Scorpion Hood. I am wondering if RK Sport is the one making all the stuff??
Old 12-18-2017, 05:59 PM   #19
Arugon

Drives: Summit White Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdiddy7 View Post
I believe that after SEMA they partnered and RK makes it now.
They have been partnered with RK for a long time now, they make and design most of their stuff. However apparently there was a falling out at one point and now they are back on with RK again. Who knows tbh.

Im surprised he is getting his hood after only 3.5 weeks, been waiting almost 2 months for mine now.....that and the 17 weeks for the spoiler.....sigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorac View Post
Looks like you have enough evidence here to just get your money back and move on.
Well like I said, if I wanted the money I would have never originally purchased. He has offered me a refund but I have made it clear i just want the item that was paid for. I keep being told it is very close but they have yet to deliver.

It'd be different if they simply said "hey I know you paid for a spoiler but we are unable to actually make them for whatever unforeseen cause, here is your money back." The spoiler is still for sale on the website last I checked so I'm assuming they still plan on selling them.
Old 12-18-2017, 06:39 PM   #20
Sheriff37
Do it for Dale

Drives: '16 NFGray V6 M6
Man I'm sorry all of that has happened to y'all, I hope all of the products eventually reach you guys. It's a shame because I've been saving bits and pieces for awhile to buy their splitter w/support bars...guess i'll be looking elsewhere .
Old 12-18-2017, 07:21 PM   #21
dennis@hixsonnet.com

Drives: Me: '16 2SS yellow, Wife: '16 1SS
Even through all this, if he ships me my spoiler I would turn around and support him.

2016 Camaro 2SS ** EdelBrock E-Force Supercharger, 3" pulley, RotoFab air intake, Alky Methanol Injection System, Corsa Extreme Exhaust, Kooks longtube headers, TSP VV2 CAM, 1LE wheels @ 285/30/20 front & 305/30/20 rear... 707.41rwhp, 702.36 torque
Old 12-18-2017, 07:28 PM   #22
Eyefixstuff

Drives: 16’ 2SS A8 HBM Procharged
It does suck to hear all of this negative feedback. I heard nothing but good reviews prior to ordering my hood mid November. Hopefully I hear something soon, and hopefully you all receive your products as well.
Old 12-18-2017, 08:49 PM   #23
1le32907

Drives: Summit white 1le ss
Well I’m in the same boat paid on oct 25 invoiced with PayPal for the iroc hood with the window. I’m pretty sure I was the first to order that one since it wasn’t even on the site yet. He told me rksport is making these and they are on point with shipping. 4-6 weeks would put me 2 weeks ago. I email him and he tells me rksport will start making the hood this past weekend. No updates since. It is Monday so hopefully I get some news before Christmas. I’m regretting getting rid of my cf Anderson hood now
Old 12-18-2017, 09:19 PM   #24
PackersFan26

Drives: 2017 Summit White 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis@hixsonnet.com View Post
Even through all this, if he ships me my spoiler I would turn around and support him.
You sir are extremely loyal. Being lied to and given bogus tracking info is enough for me to never want to do business with someone ever again.
Old 12-19-2017, 01:29 AM   #25
SixgenSix

Drives: 2020 SHOCK SS 1LE
LOL damn this spoiler must be something special.
Old 12-19-2017, 03:04 AM   #26
6LE Designs

Well this is a ridiculous thread...

1) Denny ordered his spoiler on November 6th. It's Carbon Fiber. Ordering page says it takes 6 to 8 weeks to ship. If you do the math, today is the START of the 6 week mark.

2) Denny was refunded in full on December 4th. Less than FOUR weeks after the order was placed.

Here's a screen shot of the paypal invoice showing when he paid and showing when he was refunded...

[[Removed by moderators to protect personal information]]

That's the long story short. The longer version is when he first started asking me about his spoiler I confused him thinking he was one of the first orders. After SEMA my mother ended up hospitalized for diverticulitis, then I had to have an operation I had been putting off since before June that finally caught up to me (esopohagus stuff), then of course the fires.

I only mention these things as back story, when Denny started texting me, well... I was on drugs (hydrocodone) lol. I freaked out thinking I was letting a customer down and went into hyper "FIX IT" mode... NEVER THINKING TO PULL THE ORDER UP.

I'm doing my best to make sure things are happening without me. More delays happen. Trying to get it taken care of, it's taking longer and I can't work well from a hospital with no reception and limited internet so I even had my wife messaging him through PayPal (AND GIVING HIM A DISCOUNT AND REFUNDING HIM, just look at the screenshot), Kyle doing it on FB, etc... as I was in the hospital and most sites were blocked by their stupid firewall.

So, after making parts ourselves to ship (we started doing some stuff in house in the new shop after SEMA) we had $6k in claims with Fed Ex over an employee screwing around (if I seriously need to find the damn receipt and post a screen shot I will).

So we make them again. I rushed my guys, it wasn't baked long enough and the winglets came off in the box (well, so we thought AT THE TIME, Albert later pointed out that both of our OEM spoilers the winglets were broke in shipping, after that realization we realized it's just the OEM design isn't great, so we redesigned it to mount them better, nothing changed on the outside, just inside).

We lay up new pieces ready to go and... Fires. Eventually stopped 100 yards from the shop but ash and heat ruined new laid up parts and damaged some molds.

I grab the mold before we were evacuated, took to RK Sport and they've been making them since. Shipped one today, then came home and customer had filed a dispute (and rightly so, he was literally the FIRST to order) so refunded in full and redirected shipment.

When Denny first contacted me my response should have been, "You just ordered this, it isn't even close to the time it should be shipping yet." but, I didn't realize he wasn't Mike or Mantej (my first orders) so I started rushing everyone to get his out, sending him insane amounts of discounts/refunds because I felt horrible... when the entire time I had nothing to feel horrible about.

Even earlier today, when RK Sport brought it to my attention his order wasn't late yet, I still thought to myself, "Well, he was an invoice so maybe he didn't realize the ship times" and was going to give him the benefit of the doubt... Then I read this thread.

I love how he doesn't mention...

1) He ordered it less than 6 weeks ago.

2) I refunded him $100 as an apology for the "delay" THREE WEEKS after he ordered a product that takes 6 to 8 weeks.

3) I refunded him another $400 as an apology for the "further delays" TWO DAYS LATER.

4) I refunded him IN FULL and said, "I'm still making your spoiler, I just know with all these issues it looks shady so the only way I can prove it's not is to make sure you don't think I'm just sitting on your money, sending it back to you, when it's ready to ship if you still want it I'll invoice you at the $500 off price as an apology." THREE DAYS LATER.

For the rest of this thread...

Gatorac/Jim... Just to make sure I've got this correct... you're complaining that I refunded you AND shipped you a part for free as an apology for the delays? Got it.

Jaysonstuart... If you would have ever actually installed the either of the TWO sets we sent you there would have been ZERO issues with the part. You're complaining about the way a die cutter cuts a 4 layer piece in an area that will NEVER be visible.

Arugon, your spoiler is next to ship now that I realize Denny was a solid month later. Just shipped the first three today (one's getting redirected back and you're next in line)... I appreciate your patience and you have been EXTREMELY patient and kind. I know you probably left this out as a courtesy to me, but after all this I'd like the forums to know as well... Mantej's spoiler is discounted FAR below what even I pay to get it made.

His wait has been LONG so I refunded him $500 for the wait.

For everyone else...

1) We've been private labeling through RK Sport for about 4 years.

2) We tried to cut wait times down by making some parts in house WHILE RK Sport is making parts for us as well. We made secondary molds of most of our 6th Gen stuff... and then the fires made that pointless. Us and RK Sport both got put back about 3 weeks due to the fire crap but we've been busting it and 3 weeks is down to 2 weeks, hoping by the end of this week it's down to 1 week.

3) Pre-SEMA this was all just me (Mark), after SEMA we now have Kyle on Social Media and answering emails. Jeff processing orders and answering emails. And of course myself answering emails.

If you don't get a response within 24 hours write back as something happened (a LOT of customers enter their own email wrong so they'll contact us through the site, we'll get it and respond, then it will bounce back).

The only "non-response" Denny is referring to is because I gave him my personal cell and there were times I'm working and wasn't checking it (or left it at home like Friday).

Even if it's just an automatic response (for my email) I make sure customers are aware they aren't being ignored (for example, Friday I was doing Fed Ex runs so I did an auto reponse saying that so customers would know I'd respond in the evening as opposed to just sending something and not hearing back from me).

Jeff clears his emails every day. Kyle clears his emails every day. I clear my emails every day.

There's plenty of places I've personally ordered from where you get zero response for 72+ hours. I don't go blast them on social media, I think to myself, "Well, I personally get about 150 emails a day, they're a big company I'm sure they'll reply to me in the order I came in."

Yet, it never fails, the customers that you are going WAY OUT OF THE WAY FOR, are the ones that pop up on forums with less than half the story.

Again, the OP was fully refunded within 4 weeks of an order that said it would take 6 to 8 weeks and that's AFTER giving him a HUGE discount on the product for the delays.

Jim was fully refunded AND sent his order FOR FREE.

Mantej (Arugon) is a really nice guy and deserves the discount. That's all. Lol.

As I end my rant, lol, everyone who was weary of doing business with us... now you can see how we really do business. The person complaining was discounted and refunded. The person chiming in to complain was refunded and sent the product for free. The other person with a LONG wait has been compensated more than fairly... and all of this happened LONG BEFORE I was aware of this post.

Going on 10 years in business and 11k+ orders tell a different story than this post.

EDIT: Final FYI, anything made of ABS and Metal we print the labels to send to our fabricator to ship. Jeff updates your order with tracking BUT Fed Ex has changed, until a month ago you would have seen "Label Created" when you checked tracking. They no longer do that. Now it just shows "invalid" until it is picked up.

Before, I would send tracking when it shipped but I'm near our fabricator. Jeff is processing out of FL so when he creates the label to email to Kyle (our fabricator) he updates the order with tracking even though it was just processed and wait times per the ordering page still apply.

Long story short, you're getting labels 3 days to 2 weeks before the order ships (which is inline with the wait times on the ordering page) that's why tracking doesn't show anything until it actually ships.

We are working on a better system for that, it's just the only way we could still sell some of these items (talking our fabricator into shipping them for me since I no longer have the time) and in doing so they're shipping WEEKS before they would have with me, the tracking thing is just causing confusion.

Last edited by 6LE Designs; 12-19-2017 at 03:31 AM.
Old 12-19-2017, 05:29 AM   #27
1le32907

Drives: Summit white 1le ss
Great info from mark! I myself just kinda need a date that stuff will ship that has molds. Mark your a stand up guy! Better etas I think is all people would like to see I think. I know for me when it says 4-6 weeks I think hey when they fall behind 6 weeks is worst case
Old 12-19-2017, 05:43 AM   #28
6LE Designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1le32907 View Post
Great info from mark! I myself just kinda need a date that stuff will ship that has molds. Mark your a stand up guy! Better etas I think is all people would like to see I think. I know for me when it says 4-6 weeks I think hey when they fall behind 6 weeks is worst case
Thanks Shoot me an email with the order number or paypal invoice number and I can pull you up in the queue...mark@6LEDesigns.com

Fires had us 3 weeks behind, a week later of busting our butts and working the weekend it's down to a week(ish)

Basically, I have three places working on products currently (us in the shop, RK, and another designer) and am working on making extra molds so we can make extra parts and try to stock. Demand has just made it not really possible but I'm hoping after the holidays (but before tax season lol) we can at least have a few parts ready to go which would cut wait times down.

Closed Thread