Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-12-2017, 07:16 PM   #15
1Coopgt

Drives: All Black 2012 1LS
I hear a difference just tapping the go pedal lightly with my K&N . When I stomp on it it gets a lot of attitude .
Old 12-12-2017, 07:49 PM   #16
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarky View Post
had zero problems with my k&n
I have never quite understood the hate for K&N intakes.

They share the same basic design as all the CAI's on the market and their filters are of pretty high quality. I have never had an issue with any of the previous K&N products I have owned.

I really think a lot of it has to do with their popularity within certain crowds, such as 'Ricers' and such. It's always fun to hate on the popular kid.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 08:07 PM   #17
Chris-10

Drives: 2ss/rs vr 6m
Mine was kind of a pain in the ass too, keep messing with it, you’ll get it.
Name:  8BBAC7A5-F04B-4ADE-B461-90E9F2E125FF.jpeg
Views: 403
Size:  91.0 KB
Old 12-12-2017, 09:07 PM   #18
orange devil
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 SS 2019 mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris-10 View Post
Mine was kind of a pain in the ass too, keep messing with it, you’ll get it.
Attachment 910973
Just got done looking at your build thread you sure did a great job on that car.. pretty cool idea you did with the hash strips going across the fuse box cover and the cold air induction box.. pretty sweet engine cover you did too.. pay attention to detail really paid off
orange devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 09:48 PM   #19
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post
I have never quite understood the hate for K&N intakes.

They share the same basic design as all the CAI's on the market and their filters are of pretty high quality. I have never had an issue with any of the previous K&N products I have owned.

I really think a lot of it has to do with their popularity within certain crowds, such as 'Ricers' and such. It's always fun to hate on the popular kid.
Well considering they make cai for so many applications has me thinking they know a bit about it. Some of the more popular cai on here are only made for the Camaro...I dont see them anywhere on other makes of cars. There are a few that outside the Camaro forums nobody has heard about. 4 years of K@N ownership and zero problems. Everybody has their favourite and thats fine.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 10:10 PM   #20
orange devil
Account Suspended

I think k&n is pioneer original in the cold air intake industry.. if I'm correct I believe Spectre performance owns K&N which also purchased air raid. I've also had a really good luck with air raid intakes. I currently have their setup on my 2015 Mustang. so far I'm really happy for the cold air induction set up I heard nothing but good things about it so I could gave it a chance and I like it's fit and finish the best with the Camaro.
Old 12-12-2017, 11:09 PM   #21
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Well considering they make cai for so many applications has me thinking they know a bit about it. Some of the more popular cai on here are only made for the Camaro...I dont see them anywhere on other makes of cars. There are a few that outside the Camaro forums nobody has heard about. 4 years of K@N ownership and zero problems. Everybody has their favourite and thats fine.
Agree with your assessment. I have been using K&N filters & CAI products for a few decades in all my vehicles, everything from customized trucks to high performance cars to DD's with zero issues. Are there as good or better products out there for a specific application (make, mode, intended use); maybe. But given my experience with using their product. how long K&N has been around and their reputation/use by high end custom builders, it's going to be hard to convince me to go with another company's CAI/Filter product, especially if they only produce foe a specific make/model.

Old 12-13-2017, 09:20 AM   #22
Roasstum1
EbonyCamaro

Drives: Black SS 14
Name:  E107D1E6-1EA2-4937-9CF8-7CB4DC9C5EA9.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  137.9 KBBest CAI hands down look at the data!! It fits tight at first keep working on it you’ll get it. Mine fit tight also.
Roasstum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 02:50 PM   #23
Chris-10

Drives: 2ss/rs vr 6m
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis66 View Post
Just got done looking at your build thread you sure did a great job on that car.. pretty cool idea you did with the hash strips going across the fuse box cover and the cold air induction box.. pretty sweet engine cover you did too.. pay attention to detail really paid off
Old 12-17-2017, 02:01 PM   #24
DagoCountyGee

Drives: '15 SS
Update: finally had time to mess with the lid a bit and got it to fit perfectly! After a week of driving it my mpg supposedly went up to 20. And maybe its just in my head but i think the decel pop actually sounds a tiny bit louder. Bottom line, im very happy with it now.
Old 12-17-2017, 02:13 PM   #25
orange devil
Account Suspended

It made a big improvement on my 2014 lfx v6 as well
Attached Images

Old 12-18-2017, 08:22 AM   #26
5thGenOwner

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DagoCountyGee View Post
Update: finally had time to mess with the lid a bit and got it to fit perfectly! After a week of driving it my mpg supposedly went up to 20. And maybe its just in my head but i think the decel pop actually sounds a tiny bit louder. Bottom line, im very happy with it now.
Yep, CAI was my first mod. It popped right into place and i noticed the change in sound right away... even with the stock 'trash cans' out back. The only issue I had was that the plexiglass adhesive on my first lid wouldn't stay, and it collapsed inside the box, probably from the suction and vibration. But CAI sent me a second lid, which has remained in place.

I don't notice much, if any, mpg or hp increase, but it does look good when you open your hood.
Old 12-19-2017, 06:50 PM   #27
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
the Z28 is the best on the market, made by GM and fits perfectly. and it is a great looking piece. had mine on for over three years. looks badazz when you pop that hood

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote