Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   C7 Corvette Stingray Hidden / Cool Features (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280167)

guiLT 01-20-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 (Post 2261)
Oh lord. Don't even get me started on auto show etiquette.

Overflow's seen what I end up doing at auto shows.

We had to stop multiple times so he could wipe finger prints off and then he had to stop to close the hood of a Sonic.

FenwickHockey65 01-20-2013 12:53 PM

Couldn't find that damn hood latch either. :laugh:

Camaro_Corvette 01-20-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 (Post 2275)
Couldn't find that damn hood latch either. :laugh:

Sometimes I think manufacturers love hiding that thing.

GaBoy25 01-20-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette (Post 2270)
Nice! I waited what felt like forever to get into a 370Z once, and when I finally got in, and a guy knocked on the window and told me to leave. And I shouldn't spend more than a few minutes in each car. I proceeded to tell him I was only in there for 30 seconds, and he didn't believe me. He then told me, "you freaking kids don't even need to be here, you can't afford these cars". I was 25 years old, drove 150 miles to be there to see 3 cars in particular. 370Z was high on my list. I only got to see the damn car for 30 seconds.

Only thing I could say is he obviously didn't see the two much younger kids get out of the car. You know, the ones that spent probably 15 minutes in it. The two that were in it before me. The two whose parents were over drooling on the GTR and not paying attention to their f***ing kids!

What a total tool

Quote:

Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 (Post 2265)
Get your kids' dirty hands off the freaking cars. Don't lean or sit on cars. Don't touch the chrome, and if you accidentally do, then wipe it off. Close the freaking doors when you get out. Don't leave the hood open or unlatched. If the door doesn't open the second time you pull on the handle, it's probably locked, pulling on it three or four more times won't do you any good.

And lastly, if you don't know sh*t about cars, just keep your mouth shut so I don't have to listen to your drivel and feel surrounded by idiots.

Lmao

Camaro_Corvette 01-20-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Last edited by GaBoy25; Today at 02:04 PM. Reason: I hate apple
Now that is funny!

FrankT 01-20-2013 01:27 PM

I have the button operated parking brake on my CTS-V. Pull up for on, push down for off. Not a big fan of it. It's too slow. Give me a hand operated lever any day!

Stingray 01-20-2013 08:07 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Capless Fueling... one of my other cars has it and it's a comvenient :cool: feature.

MC2411 01-21-2013 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 (Post 2265)
Get your kids' dirty hands off the freaking cars. Don't lean or sit on cars. Don't touch the chrome, and if you accidentally do, then wipe it off. Close the freaking doors when you get out. Don't leave the hood open or unlatched. If the door doesn't open the second time you pull on the handle, it's probably locked, pulling on it three or four more times won't do you any good.

And lastly, if you don't know sh*t about cars, just keep your mouth shut so I don't have to listen to your drivel and feel surrounded by idiots.

The last part has to be the most important. People rambling on about cars is like nails on the chalkboard...

GaBoy25 01-21-2013 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MC2411 (Post 2517)
The last part has to be the most important. People rambling on about cars is like nails on the chalkboard...

Person a: "I get 36 miles per gallon".

Person b: "I catch asphalt on fire for fun".

:rolleyes:

:D

FenwickHockey65 01-21-2013 07:58 AM

The best part is when I finally can't stand it and correct someone who's blathering on next to me.

Either they're surprised about what I know and end up asking me more questions or they just give me this look like "Dude you just made me look bad in front of my wife/girlfriend/whatever."

mlee 01-21-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 (Post 2542)
The best part is when I finally can't stand it and correct someone who's blathering on next to me.

Either they're surprised about what I know and end up asking me more questions or they just give me this look like "Dude you just made me look bad in front of my wife/girlfriend/whatever."

So True or even better yet you have to correct or explain things to the guy with the bowtie on is shirt and the keys to the car.

ec1990 01-21-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee (Post 2588)
So True or even better yet you have to correct or explain things to the guy with the bowtie on is shirt and the keys to the car.

Reminds me of 90% of the time I go car shopping, love salesman that know nothing about the car almost as much as managers that want me to believe invoice is what they actually pay.

GaBoy25 01-21-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C7_Z51 (Post 2593)
Reminds me of 90% of the time I go car shopping, love salesman that know nothing about the car almost as much as managers that want me to believe invoice is what they actually pay.

I asked the salesman to explain launch control.

I think he thought I wanted to decide where to eat?

And after he hopped in he couldn't find the unlock button (2010 model):eek:

fcu678 01-22-2013 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet (Post 1627)
How about the...

Electric Locking Glove Box
:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by C7_Z51 (Post 1658)
Do explain or have any pictures?

It may be like the newer Jag's. I just traded in a 2010 XF that had a touch sensitive opening glove compartment that could be locked out with a code in the Valet mode