The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions General topics on the Corvette C7 Stingray.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2013, 07:22 PM   #1
ec1990

 
Drives: 2012 AGM SS
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,412
C7 Corvette Stingray Hidden / Cool Features

Has anyone else noticed minor features that are pretty cool.

Found this out, but there's no interior door handles, there's a button that opens the door.

See picture (Plus memory seats are on the door!)

ec1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:35 PM   #2
GaBoy25


 
GaBoy25's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6/2500HD Lmm LTZ
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: South Georgia
Posts: 2,551
This is the coolest thing about the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray(not my words)


Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/...#ixzz2INgnU6vz
GaBoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:37 PM   #3
GaBoy25


 
GaBoy25's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6/2500HD Lmm LTZ
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: South Georgia
Posts: 2,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by C7_Z51 View Post
Has anyone else noticed minor features that are pretty cool.

Found this out, but there's no interior door handles, there's a button that opens the door.

See picture (Plus memory seats are on the door!)



I like that. Does it work without power though?

Just noticed the duel door speakers too saweeeet!
GaBoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:38 PM   #4
IBM

 
IBM's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 2LT/RS IBM
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: N. Kentucky
Posts: 945
The door buttons have been around for a while, no surprise they used it again in the c7, it's a cool feature!
__________________
IBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:39 PM   #5
IBM

 
IBM's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 2LT/RS IBM
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: N. Kentucky
Posts: 945
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBoy25 View Post
I like that. Does it work without power though?

Just noticed the duel door speakers too saweeeet!
I assume it will work like the c6 where you can use a key to unlock the doors via the back hatch (I think that's how it works?) and use a mechanical lever from inside the car

Like this:

__________________
IBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:44 PM   #6
ec1990

 
Drives: 2012 AGM SS
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,412
That's cool, and I haven't ready anything on it, but past C5/C6 vettes didn't have key unlocks on the door so if you had to open the door there was a hidden keyhole above the rear license plate. I'm sure there's a way. Although there was a story a bit back of a guy who locked himself in a ZR1 and had to go through the trunk to the emergency handle.

Edit: see above
ec1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:45 PM   #7
IBM

 
IBM's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 2LT/RS IBM
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: N. Kentucky
Posts: 945
Quote:
Originally Posted by C7_Z51 View Post
That's cool, and I haven't ready anything on it, but past C5/C6 vettes didn't have key unlocks on the door so if you had to open the door there was a hidden keyhole above the rear license plate. I'm sure there's a way. Although there was a story a bit back of a guy who locked himself in a ZR1 and had to go through the trunk to the emergency handle.
He could have just pulled the lever near the threshhold to get out.. lol I bet he feels pretty dumb now.
__________________
IBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:47 PM   #8
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado
 
FenwickHockey65's Avatar
 
Drives: 2003 GMC Envoy SLE/2000 Ford Ranger
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 31,804
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
There was a guy who stole a Corvette a few years back. The battery apparently died on him and he couldn't figure out how to get out of the car.
__________________
FenwickHockey65's GM Thread!

2003 GMC Envoy SLE - Airaid Cold Air Intake, Gibson Performance Catback Exhaust
2000 Ford Ranger XLT Regular Cab (State-issued)
FenwickHockey65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:30 PM   #9
ec1990

 
Drives: 2012 AGM SS
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
There was a guy who stole a Corvette a few years back. The battery apparently died on him and he couldn't figure out how to get out of the car.
That's why I buy manual transmission.

Story

Short version: "The Denver Post reports that a woman walked out of a Conoco gas station store at 5899 Alkire St. at about 10:10 p.m. on Tuesday night and a man with a gun approached her, aggressively demanding her purse and keys to her 2004 Audi sedan. However, after starting up the car, the thief apparently did not know how to drive stick and was unable to get the car into gear, according to 7News. So, he jumped out of the car and fled on foot."
ec1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:52 PM   #10
GaBoy25


 
GaBoy25's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6/2500HD Lmm LTZ
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: South Georgia
Posts: 2,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by C7_Z51 View Post
That's why I buy manual transmission.

Story

Short version: "The Denver Post reports that a woman walked out of a Conoco gas station store at 5899 Alkire St. at about 10:10 p.m. on Tuesday night and a man with a gun approached her, aggressively demanding her purse and keys to her 2004 Audi sedan. However, after starting up the car, the thief apparently did not know how to drive stick and was unable to get the car into gear, according to 7News. So, he jumped out of the car and fled on foot."

Ive seen a similar situation on break.com. Man carjacks a pickup at gun point. Jumps In and stalls the damn thing repeatedly before giving up and fleeing on foot.

Gotta love morons...if you steal cars its best you know how to drive them.
GaBoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:43 PM   #11
Camaro_Corvette
36.833283,-76.021958
 
Camaro_Corvette's Avatar
 
Drives: Team 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 23,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
There was a guy who stole a Corvette a few years back. The battery apparently died on him and he couldn't figure out how to get out of the car.
That is insanely funny!
__________________
I hate parking threads...
Camaro_Corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:54 PM   #12
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros
 
menendez1293's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Tallahassee FL
Posts: 9,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
There was a guy who stole a Corvette a few years back. The battery apparently died on him and he couldn't figure out how to get out of the car.


On a side not though my dad looked at getting a ZR1 a couple of years back when they were having 0% on the new 10s that were still around and since they had the battery pulled since It had been in the showroom so long the salesman couldn't understand how to get into the car. He actually gave me the key to teach him how to take it apart and find the key hole
__________________
Proud owner of litho #179 Click Picture for Build Thread
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:56 PM   #13
Camaro_Corvette
36.833283,-76.021958
 
Camaro_Corvette's Avatar
 
Drives: Team 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 23,044
If you want to talk about cool features, I absolutely love how the Screen goes down and reveals a compartment. That is cool chit that I will welcome on any new car.
__________________
I hate parking threads...
Camaro_Corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:59 PM   #14
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet




 
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet's Avatar
 
Drives: SS/RS 6spd,Pace Car,ZL1,1LE,C7/Z51
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Woodhaven, Mich
Posts: 28,316
How about the...

Electric Locking Glove Box
__________________
Don't forget, I honor ALL DISCOUNTS THAT APPLY!
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Woodhaven, Mi ..only 20 min from Detroit Metro Airport!
734-479-7117 ...
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet.com
Available Camaro Inventory///Body Color XM Antenna
My Summit White SS///My Pace Car
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:00 PM   #15
Camaro_Corvette
36.833283,-76.021958
 
Camaro_Corvette's Avatar
 
Drives: Team 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 23,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
How about the...

Electric Locking Glovebox..
__________________
I hate parking threads...
Camaro_Corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:05 PM   #16
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 24,448
This track stuff looks pretty cool...

Attachment 224
Attached Images
 
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:05 PM   #17
GaBoy25


 
GaBoy25's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6/2500HD Lmm LTZ
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: South Georgia
Posts: 2,551
The push button ebrake is nice but how will this affect competitive and or stunt drivers using the car. Having to modify it and such?
GaBoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:07 PM   #18
GaBoy25


 
GaBoy25's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6/2500HD Lmm LTZ
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: South Georgia
Posts: 2,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
This track stuff looks pretty cool...

Attachment 224
Are you kidding me? More do tell...........
GaBoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:07 PM   #19
Camaro_Corvette
36.833283,-76.021958
 
Camaro_Corvette's Avatar
 
Drives: Team 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 23,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBoy25 View Post
The push button ebrake is nice but how will this affect competitive and or stunt drivers using the car. Having to modify it and such?
Ebrake is for parking.
__________________
I hate parking threads...
Camaro_Corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:19 PM   #20
ec1990

 
Drives: 2012 AGM SS
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
How about the...

Electric Locking Glove Box
Do explain or have any pictures?
ec1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:21 PM   #21
GaBoy25


 
GaBoy25's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6/2500HD Lmm LTZ
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: South Georgia
Posts: 2,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
Ebrake is for parking.
Or drifting, power sliding ect. Things that look cool but serve little purpose. It does matter lol...just to what extent.

EDIT: Unkess you were wanting me to refer to it as a hand brake? lol
GaBoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:28 PM   #22
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet




 
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet's Avatar
 
Drives: SS/RS 6spd,Pace Car,ZL1,1LE,C7/Z51
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Woodhaven, Mich
Posts: 28,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by C7_Z51 View Post
Do explain or have any pictures?

...not really sure....yet

Going to the show and see...


Listed in the Brochure / Info...
Attachment 226
Attached Images
 
__________________
Don't forget, I honor ALL DISCOUNTS THAT APPLY!
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Woodhaven, Mi ..only 20 min from Detroit Metro Airport!
734-479-7117 ...
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet.com
Available Camaro Inventory///Body Color XM Antenna
My Summit White SS///My Pace Car
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:32 PM   #23
GaBoy25


 
GaBoy25's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6/2500HD Lmm LTZ
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: South Georgia
Posts: 2,551
Someone got bored in the designing room. I mean I'm not complaining.
GaBoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:41 PM   #24
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros
 
menendez1293's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Tallahassee FL
Posts: 9,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
Ebrake is for parking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBoy25 View Post
Or drifting, power sliding ect. Things that look cool but serve little purpose. It does matter lol...just to what extent.

EDIT: Unkess you were wanting me to refer to it as a hand brake? lol
The first car we had with a electric E-brake broke within the first two weeks and was in the service department for another week. It was a VW Tiguan which isn't a Chevy but it made me see why I prefer my mechanical E-brakes especially if the car is manual.
__________________
Proud owner of litho #179 Click Picture for Build Thread
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:43 PM   #25
GaBoy25


 
GaBoy25's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6/2500HD Lmm LTZ
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: South Georgia
Posts: 2,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez1293 View Post
The first car we had with a electric E-brake broke within the first two weeks and was in the service department for another week. It was a VW Tiguan which isn't a Chevy but it made me see why I prefer my mechanical E-brakes especially if the car is manual.
I wouldn't miss the handle but I completely agree in regards to function and faith in it.
GaBoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.