The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 10-16-2009, 02:14 PM   #113
sugar'n'spice

Drives: .
I don't have a dog.
My cat does not travel.
sugar'n'spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 05:33 AM   #114
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Drives: R6P 1SS/RS BLK/L99
My boy goes everywhere with me. BUT...I still won't let him stick his head out the window in the Camaro, 'cause I don't want the slobber all over the side of the car. :( But he gets to do it in the Trans Am and the Grand Prix!!!
Attached Images

~ Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just, And this be our motto, "In God is our trust." And the Star Spangled Banner in triumph shall wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave ~ Francis Scott Key ~
SScattergunSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 05:37 AM   #115
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

My Avatar...
Attached Images

~ Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just, And this be our motto, "In God is our trust." And the Star Spangled Banner in triumph shall wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave ~ Francis Scott Key ~
Old 10-18-2009, 09:27 AM   #116
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Aww. Puppies.
Old 10-18-2009, 09:52 AM   #117
mickss

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS-M6 67 Chevelle Wgn
SScattergunSS; Your "puppy" has a Blue Max, he should be able to "fly" a car for you!

Top Gun candidate for sure.
mickss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 11:10 AM   #118
Bonnie
Bonfyre

Drives: C6, 2005 Corvette
My dogs are to hyper to ride in a car, I guess its best to take them for car rides when there a puppy.
Old 10-18-2009, 04:35 PM   #119
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickss View Post
SScattergunSS; Your "puppy" has a Blue Max, he should be able to "fly" a car for you!

Top Gun candidate for sure.
I've got to tell ya, you're the only person who's ever seen it that knows what it is!!! Good Job!!!
Old 10-18-2009, 08:31 PM   #120
CynAgain

Drives: Chevy
What does the Blue Max mean?

Here's me and Willow...

she can't reach the window and she doesn't drool either.

CynAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 08:35 PM   #121
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by CynAgain View Post

Here's me and Willow...

AHHHHHHHH SHE'S ADORABLE!!!!!
Old 10-18-2009, 09:34 PM   #122
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Drives: 1969 SS 396 , 2010 Camaro SS
SSCattergunSS doggles are Awsome lol I got a half Pit half boxer very sweet dog and he goes everywhere with me when im in my truck. I would dare put him in my Camaro. I got him a pair of doggles since he likes to hang his head out the window lol he did that one and had a big hit him in the eye and it cost me $300 to get him all fixed up lol so I got him doggles to protect his eye people love laughing at him as well lol

And as for my orange Tabby cat lol she goes on rides sometimes when I go over and see my parents she thinks she is a dog.....if you want to tell her she isnt go ahead be my guest hahahahahah.

Not just any cat either she doesnt meow , doesnt shed and you dont even know she is around by being messy lol tell her to get redy for a football game she goes and sits on the back of the couch and sits there the whole time lol.

pets are awsome but they dont get in my 69 nor will they get in my 2010.
Jekyll-N-Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 10:14 PM   #123
Tachometer
Body by Fisher

Drives: 1972 Buick Skylark 350 Sport Coupe
Standard Poodle...the smarter the better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumbleDs View Post
OK, who here takes the dog for a trip every now and then? I do, I have two poodles, one standard and one mini-love em to death!
Have a standard poodle also......she loves to go for a ride!
All you have to do is say "lets go for a ride" and she's out the door!

Gotta Love It!

"FASTER than most, SLOWER than some"
Tachometer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 11:47 PM   #124
SonicVeritas

Drives: scion..saving for camaro...
dog sunglasses....one of the best things i've seen recently...well outside of the dog being in an SS camaro of course.
SonicVeritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 01:11 AM   #125
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicVeritas View Post
dog sunglasses....one of the best things i've seen recently...well outside of the dog being in an SS camaro of course.
I'll tell ya, the Doggles are the real deal! They're impact resistant, the lenses are interchangeable, they give the dog UV protection, and there are different colored lenses as well as frames. And they're cheap. You can get 'em anywhere from $15 - $25. AND they already saved his eyes at least once when some piece of gravel or a small rock took him dead center. What's funny is that I first became aware of 'em from photos some of the guys were sending back from Iraq with their dogs wearing 'em!

And he really looks cool as (you know what) when he's got the mirrored lenses in!!! By the way, he LOVES driving in the Trans Am because he does get to stick his head out the window!
Old 10-19-2009, 01:54 AM   #126
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynAgain View Post

Here's me and Willow...

Darlin', first off, not only are you a knockout, but that little Cavalier of yours is GORGEOUS as well!!! I LOVE Spaniels anyway, but SHE really is a DOLL!!! You're going to have a great little girl dog for many, many years to come!!!!!!!!

As far as the Blue Max goes, it's real name is the, "Pour le Merite." (For Merit) Even though the name is French, it was actually a VERY VERY old German medal (1700's) from the time of Friedrich the Great (that's why there is a big "F" with a crown above it at the top of the Maltese Cross) that I believe was last used in WWI. In WWI, it was awarded to their fighter pilots for aerial victories. Originally, it was given to those pilots who achieved "8" kills. BUT, too many men were winning them, so they bumped it up to "16" kills. BUT, there were still too many being awarded, so they raised the kill total to "30" victories.

(There was a great old movie that was made in '66, called, "The Blue Max." In it they erroneously claimed the total was "20". It still is a great movie, both for the flying as well as for Ursula Andress ~ That Woman Was Hot!!!)

Anyway, the medal got the nickname, "Blue Max" after one of their great Fighter Pilots, Max Immelmann. In fact, there is even an aerial maneuver called an Immelmann, named after this same man.

Probably more information than you wanted to know, but once I get started, My Lady, I just can't stop!!!

Tags
sorry pics are so big!!