The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Technical Forums > LT1 (6.2L V8) Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions

Old 05-30-2014, 06:45 AM   #1
Tribefan7

Drives: 2014 stingray
Pulse or vibration at high speed

So when I get Foxy at 60 mph or higher I feel a pulse or vibration in the steering wheel. It is like a heart beat never stoping. I took it to the dealer and they test drove it and told me it is normal for a sports car to do this. I told them I don,t agree. But they said the same feel was in a showroom model they test drove to compare. Is any body else feeling or having this problem?
Old 05-30-2014, 07:46 AM   #2
purpleRac3r

Drives: 1974 & 2014 Corvette Stingrays
A vibration in the steering often points to a front tire out of balance. These very low profile tires do seem a little more sensitive to slight balance variations, especially the run flats. I have a slightly out of balance tire on left rear that causes a slight pulsing vibration in the whole car, most noticable on smooth roads at highway speeds. Perhaps have a different dealer check your car out, or find a high quality local tire shop check the balance on your tires. Eliminate the easy things to check, then dig deeper if that doesn't work. I'm got an appointment for rebalance at a local tire shop this weekend.
'74 Stingray coupe, heavily modified, as seen in August 2011 VETTE magazine, 2014 Stingray Z51 #196, ordered 02/11/13, built 08/29/13, Museum Delivery 10/04/13, driven daily!

purpleRac3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 02:03 PM   #3
Tribefan7

Tires are good. Not the problem. :(
Old 06-14-2014, 03:05 PM   #4
purpleRac3r

Drives: 1974 & 2014 Corvette Stingrays
Hmm, so much for the easy solution. Well, I can't think of anything else typical that could cause that kind of vibration, but something is definitely not right there. I suggest checking with a different dealer in your area. I know around here there are dealers who really don't give a s**t after the sale, and others who really go the extra distance to take care of a customer.
'74 Stingray coupe, heavily modified, as seen in August 2011 VETTE magazine, 2014 Stingray Z51 #196, ordered 02/11/13, built 08/29/13, Museum Delivery 10/04/13, driven daily!

purpleRac3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 08:54 PM   #5
Tribefan7

Yea, my dealer does not care. I will have to wait a few weeks before I can get it to a new dealer.
Old 08-26-2017, 05:15 PM   #6
Mario Maldonado

Drives: Camaro ss 1le
Did you ever figured it out !?? Am having the same problem and am out of options i really dont wanna go to the dealership since i have the mgw shifter installed is and intermettent vibration
Mario Maldonado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 10:13 PM   #7
rdanzel

Drives: 2010
Road force balance can cure this kind of issue most of the time. Check also the hub bearing.
rdanzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2023, 11:44 AM   #8
Verany

Drives: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario Maldonado View Post
Did you ever figured it out !?? Am having the same problem and am out of options i really dont wanna go to the dealership since i have the mgw shifter installed is and intermettent vibration
If you have installed an MGW shifter in your vehicle and are experiencing intermittent vibrations, it's important to properly diagnose and address the issue. Here are a few steps you can take:

Verify Installation: Double-check the installation of the MGW shifter to ensure it has been properly installed according to the manufacturer's instructions. Make sure all components are securely fastened and aligned correctly. If any part of the installation seems incorrect or questionable, consider seeking assistance from a professional mechanic or the manufacturer.

Inspect Drivetrain Components: Check the surrounding drivetrain components, such as the transmission, driveshaft, and differential, to ensure they are in good condition and properly installed. Look for any signs of damage, misalignment, or loose connections that could contribute to vibrations.
Verany is offline   Reply With Quote