The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 05-19-2023, 09:55 PM   #743
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windycity View Post
I agree with everything you said but I wouldn’t blame the decline of sports and muscle cars on EVs at all.

Realistically the muscle car crowd and racing in general has been on the decline for decades now.

Most people just are not into the car culture anymore like most of us remember

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
True. But I would have expected Camaro to still hang on due to it’s platform volume connection with Cadillac sedans. Since Cadillac is the first GM brand going all EV that made Camaro toast for the reasons you mentioned. It’s no longer protected. Mustang will hang on because it’s the only car in Ford’s portfolio.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2023, 03:49 AM   #744
Chrome383Z

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS
I hate to say it but my next toy might be a mustang. Or a Vette, not going to lie I like the eray hybrid. My only concern with that is can it be modded, how will modifying the V8 mess with the electric front wheel assist. That’s my only concern with that. Will have to see what aftermarket companies can do. Not interested in all EV right now, I like my cars loud. lol
Old 05-21-2023, 08:34 PM   #745
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
quoted for input
Quoting you just for sake of you seeing this post....

After watching this video I can see how, (maybe) ICE is dead. If it takes this kind of engineering to make that "little bit of power increase" ICE is doomed. I mean think about it, look how complex that motor is, holy crap. Yeah impressive, but I cannot imagine the cost if one of those valves go out.

A "simple" pushrod engine is dead. You need too much complexity for power and efficiency.

My kids, kids will not give a crap less about a 1960 big block let alone a LT4.

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 11:06 AM   #746
Windycity

Drives: Yellow 1le
Electric Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome383Z View Post
I hate to say it but my next toy might be a mustang. Or a Vette, not going to lie I like the eray hybrid. My only concern with that is can it be modded, how will modifying the V8 mess with the electric front wheel assist. That’s my only concern with that. Will have to see what aftermarket companies can do. Not interested in all EV right now, I like my cars loud. lol

From the performance and specs of the eray I don’t think there will be too much need to “mod”

That thing is badass

Windycity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 11:41 AM   #747
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windycity View Post
From the performance and specs of the eray I don’t think there will be too much need to “mod”

That thing is badass

Said NO real motorhead...EVER.

Badass is always followed up by "badasser". I'm sure someone will find a way. They always do.

I still find it a bit funny that the cart is sitting in front of the horse with EVs at the moment. Neighbors down the road were early adopters. They have a Tesla that's a few years old and they absolutely do not take that thing on long trips. They said the infrastructure across the country is not ready to support it, nor battery technology is there, either. It's like cable internet. Everything's peachy until you take one step outside the city limits.

They sure don't like the extra time it takes to juice it up and find it stupid to partially charge it just to save time to get them to their next fix. We live 4 miles from town. Ain't no city drivin' out here. Plus, they don't like the way the insurance companies don't give them a break on their premiums. Cost as much to insure that as their new F250 diesel (for hauling a horse trailer). According to them. I don't know. They said if something ever happens that they need to pay for new battery pack, they're just going to get rid of it. Too expensive. At least right now.

I listen to the after-sale issues from real-life customers. Sure, sounds great, until you actually own one. Auto companies can't just focus on building and selling them. Everything else has to come along to support it. I'm betting it's like a lot of things that people buy trying to keep up with the Joneses. Some are too embarrassed to actually say their purchase isn't as cool as they thought it would be.

It'll get there. Eventually. But not right now. I'm so used to ICE, I don't see the need to change it up now. By the time it gets perfected, I'll be dead.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 12:18 PM   #748
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
I just read an interesting article titled:

"Ease up: are we about to hit a bottleneck for EV resources"

The article had several interesting things to say.

“It seems very likely we’ll have a shortage,’ says Fernando Aguilar Lopez, a renewable energy researcher at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology.

"Unfortunately, there’s no magic solution for this bottleneck we’re coming up against. The easiest solution technologically is probably the hardest societally – change the way we think about our cars."

"we should instead attempt to share more smaller EV cars"

“We need regulations– and of course people must accept them.”

You will own nothing, and you will like it (or else).

This is why I object to EVs and the green movement in general.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 08:54 PM   #749
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome383Z View Post
Lots of tuning going on for the f150 powerboost. Some on the electric side and then on the 3.5 tt side. Plenty to tweak and gain.

Livernois has been tuning for the last year and Hptuners just unlocked the ecm for their suite
Old 05-23-2023, 07:37 PM   #750
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
And then there is this...

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 04:36 AM   #751
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...JvH?li=BBnb7Kz
Old 05-26-2023, 08:42 AM   #752
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
For giggles and grins google "world's best selling car 2023"
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 09:41 AM   #753

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
For giggles and grins google "world's best selling car 2023"
The Chevy Bolt?...lol
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 09:42 AM   #754
ChevyRules

Drives: 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Ford will change over to the Tesla plug starting in 2025 and will integrate software to enable the Tesla charging experience when plugging into a supercharger.

https://apple.news/A1-fcRJeZTuOghvjSAAJF6g

IMHO, Tesla plug is an easier to handle plug over CCS. Good move by Ford and hopefully leads to overall standardization.
ChevyRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 09:51 AM   #755
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

When you're talking about EVs there's Tesla and there's everyone else.

Of course it was easily outsold by the big three trucks, with F150 sales more than double model Y sales.

I suspect we're already approaching the limit of demand for EVs with the current pricing. There are only so many treehuggers out there.
Old 05-26-2023, 09:53 AM   #756

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
The Model Y is no more an SUV than the man in the moon.

Perish the thought that it actually be called a compact luxury sedan....lol.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote