The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 07-18-2019, 11:04 PM   #1
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Yup! I'm getting one!! For sure!!

After all the info on the C8...I am definitely getting one.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 11:54 PM   #2
Azerlazer26

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
My Camaro needs a future garage buddy soon. I think I found my next dream car
Azerlazer26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 12:36 AM   #3
guitarman8373

Drives: 2016 2SS Camaro fully loaded.
No manual option, I'm out.
Old 07-19-2019, 03:11 AM   #4
TEST DRyVer

Drives: 17 ZL1 6mt with PDR
I have a feeling this is wasted time on my part as we all do what we want to, especially when we really have our mind made up, but here goes:
I work for Porsche. The upcoming C8 is a great idea, possibly even overdue. The idea of buying a first generation mid-engine car from a brand that's never made one (please don't give me a history lesson on what GM has done in racing or a car they poorly made 6+ decades ago) is not ideal! I would wait this one out. Pick up something else in the meantime if you have your heart set on a sports car (preferably something pre-owned with really high resale value. Think 2016 Caman GTS or Cayman GT4 for example). Once the bugs have been worked out (I'm guessing 2 years), then jump into your dream C8. This is nothing like C5 going to C6 or C7. This is an entirely new engineering concept for them. There will likely be an extremely high amount of problems before they properly learn how to make a production mid-engine sports car... Just my $.02
I know people have been waiting a long time for them to build this, and they will likely sell several in the first year, but I would be willing to bet $$$ that Chevrolet rushed the process and the reliability for the first year cars will be off the charts...

Esthetics: Nardo Grey wrap with original black accents throughout, complete Xpel ceramic coat, Diode Dynamics markers, Smoked GM tail & 3rd brake light, C7 Carbon 1LE style Spoiler in blk, ACS splash guards, blk'd out emblems. Variant Krypton wheels in Gloss black.

Performance: AWE Touring catback exhaust with resonator, Rotofab dry intake, TM throttle body, Kooks 1 7/8 Headers with Green Cats, Advanced Fuel Dynamics Flex Fuel kit with e50 blend and dyno tuned.

Current Family car (for the wifey): 2021 Audi SQ5
TEST DRyVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 06:12 AM   #5
Agent K

Drives: 2017 ZL1 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarman8373 View Post
+1
2017 ZL1 Arctic Blue Metallic / 6MT / sunroof / NAV / PDR / RotoFab CAI + dry filter / Tony Mamo TB V1 / Skip Shift Eliminator / Hurst Short Throw Shifter / ZL1 floor mats / Dead Pedal cover (to match other pedals) / ARH Catless 1-7/8" headers + ARH X-pipe + AWE Touring Axle-Back / Diode Dynamic smoked side markers / American Authority tow hook
Agent K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 06:23 AM   #6
LT4

Drives: all sold, getting another soon..
Lets wait of the Nuburgring numbers, bit I think Porsche and Ferrari will need to lower their prices or offer something different. The value/price equation for gas powered supercars is now fukked.
Old 07-19-2019, 06:38 AM   #7
JT58

Drives: Former 2016 Camaro 1LT
No manual sucks....but I still like it a lot. I'd consider one but what about ADM and how much the dealers are going to rake the initial buyers. And sorry no Porsche for me....ever.
Old 07-19-2019, 06:51 AM   #8
avalonandl

Drives: 2019 ZL-1
Quote:
488 Ferrari has auto, no manual.

It's the way of the world now.

2012 Yukon XL Denali w/ 6.2 AWD
avalonandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 07:05 AM   #9
Realist

Drives: No Camaro :(
The more I see, the more I like the vette looks. But I do lean towards muscle cars and not super cars. No manual and ifs it’s not a Z06 or higher option, I’m not that interested. The good is, vette engines seem to trickle down to the Camaro. I see limited availability, engine packages, and high prices for a few years. If you have the $’s and want, go for it!
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 09:51 AM   #10
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Yeah, i see this being a significant response and 99% of us here understand. I just think this car is going to be so much fun in other ways that the lack of a manual won't be an issue, for me. And, paddle shifting still lets you get somewhat connected.
Old 07-19-2019, 09:55 AM   #11
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realist View Post
The more I see, the more I like the vette looks. But I do lean towards muscle cars and not super cars. No manual and ifs it’s not a Z06 or higher option, I’m not that interested. The good is, vette engines seem to trickle down to the Camaro. I see limited availability, engine packages, and high prices for a few years. If you have the $’s and want, go for it!
I really appreciate that, at least for the base, they are sticking within 5 grand of C7. this brings hope that the Z06 will follow suite and start at ~80K. I'll have to start saving now for a 5 year plan for a Z06.
Old 07-19-2019, 10:09 AM   #12
Lafourche1

Drives: 2019 CLA 450 Mercedes
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEST DRyVer View Post
I have a feeling this is wasted time on my part as we all do what we want to, especially when we really have our mind made up, but here goes:
I work for Porsche. The upcoming C8 is a great idea, possibly even overdue. The idea of buying a first generation mid-engine car from a brand that's never made one (please don't give me a history lesson on what GM has done in racing or a car they poorly made 6+ decades ago) is not ideal! I would wait this one out. Pick up something else in the meantime if you have your heart set on a sports car (preferably something pre-owned with really high resale value. Think 2016 Caman GTS or Cayman GT4 for example). Once the bugs have been worked out (I'm guessing 2 years), then jump into your dream C8. This is nothing like C5 going to C6 or C7. This is an entirely new engineering concept for them. There will likely be an extremely high amount of problems before they properly learn how to make a production mid-engine sports car... Just my $.02
I know people have been waiting a long time for them to build this, and they will likely sell several in the first year, but I would be willing to bet $$$ that Chevrolet rushed the process and the reliability for the first year cars will be off the charts...

This is likely sound advice. Didn't Porsche have some issues when they converted to water cooled engines (Richard Hammond's was one of the bon fires)?
Lafourche1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 10:55 AM   #13
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafourche1 View Post
This is likely sound advice. Didn't Porsche have some issues when they converted to water cooled engines (Richard Hammond's was one of the bon fires)?
they've had plenty of problems, especially the IMS Bearing that Porsche never addressed and let LN Engineering come up with a fix!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 10:56 AM   #14
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEST DRyVer View Post

Good Advice - I put a Deposit on a C8 months ago, but I did it to resell my place in line.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote