The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 08-19-2019, 09:05 AM   #1
anthony.martinez

Drives: 2010
A/C help

I have a 2007 charger with a 5.7 engine. This is not my car but a friend of mine. I have it back to look at the a/c again. I replaced the compressor (I replaced it because it failed originally) filter, and expansion valve. When I did this a couple of months ago it was very cold out of the vents. He came back to be and said that it had stopped blowing cold. So I did the usual visual inspections, made sure the compressor was engaged, looked for obvious leaks at all connections and rubber lines. I found nothing. So I hooked my gauges up and the pressures were spot on. I did opt to recovery the 134 and open the system up mainly to clean the condenser core. I drained all the oil from the whole system and flush it again. Recharged and nothing. The pressures are as follows 35 low 200 high. I have 75 degrees blowing out of the vents. I will also add that I pinched off the heater hoses to restrict water flowing to the heater core. Suggestions from a/c tech welcome.

Last edited by anthony.martinez; 08-19-2019 at 09:19 AM.
anthony.martinez is offline   Reply With Quote