Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-29-2022, 04:30 PM   #1
zackcworley

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS 1LE
Exclamation Camaro water damage?

Hey so I had my puppy pee in my passenger floor when I was taking her to the vet because of a broken leg, very tragic situation. But anyway I had to shampoo the floor like 7 times now trying to get that god forbidden smell out and I was wondering if the water from the shampooer will leave any type of water damage, I’ve had to soak the floor and now I’m worried if that would be a problem.
zackcworley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 04:51 PM   #2
Val Walkinshaw
L8ap3x

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE
I would recommend a professional detailer. They use an extractor that's far superior to what the average consumer has at home. I'm on a detailing forum and for example a decent one like Myree costs $1k starting. Something like this would be 15mins worth of easy work for them. For the long term smell, bacteria and biohazard now in that carpet, leave it to a professional. Our Camaros are worth that.

I'm sorry about your pup. I lost mine this summer and just today I was standing over his grave having a moment. It's gonna be hard this holiday season without him. Tbh, I could be coping better.

Anyways. Enough sappy stuff. Good luck to you and your fur baby.

Edit: get on FB and become a member of "detailing 101 by autogeek". Not only will you learn a lot, you'll likely get the same answer if not get a recommendation on someone in your area.

"GLEN e" is also a detailing geek here on these forums. He's also a good resource.

2018 2SS 1LE HBM 6M
Val Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 07:28 PM   #3
STYLO LT1

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS Vert.
I’d try positioning a fan in the direction of the floor and try drying it out just as a preventative measure against mold forming in the future.
STYLO LT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 07:58 PM   #4
truckrglenn

Drives: Chevy camaro
Use the a wet/dry vac to suck the water out of the carpet.
Old 11-30-2022, 04:27 AM   #5
Spaceme1117

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS, 2011 Corvette GS
I would recommend taking the carpet out of the car to clean it. You can then also check to see if there is any water still on the floor board.

You need to remove the seats and a few other things but it is actually pretty easy to do.

Also, an excellent time to do the seat reclining mod also.

Hope your puppy is okay.

Last edited by Spaceme1117; 11-30-2022 at 06:10 AM.
Spaceme1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 05:54 AM   #6
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Hope you get your car cleaned up... but even FAR more important... How is your puppy doing. That's sad...
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 07:10 AM   #7
22SS1LE

Drives: 2022 1SS 1LE 6M
you need something that will break down the enzyms from the pee
regular carpet shampoo wont remove that
https://www.autoality.com/store/pc/P...oz-61p8805.htm
https://www.petsuppliesplus.com/cate...128&position=5
The skouts honor stuff works really well
8/24. IT HAS ARRIVED at the dealer
8/25- It is in the Garage
ACS ZL1 Sideskirts, 20% tint, CAI Intake
22SS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 09:23 AM   #8
TP2SS

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceme1117 View Post
I would recommend taking the carpet out of the car to clean it. You can then also check to see if there is any water still on the floor board.

You need to remove the seats and a few other things but it is actually pretty easy to do.

Hope your puppy is okay.
I'd do this but one step further. Remove and replace the jute as well. The jute is the "padding" that goes under the carpet. They're probably pretty inexpensive. The jute will absorb the urine and you'll never get the smell out by just cleaning the carpet. With the carpet out, you can clean it thoroughly by using a power washer (gentle pressure not full!) and get it fully dry by setting it out in the sun. New jute and clean carpet and you're all set, good as new and no lingering smell!
Magnetic Ride Control
Dual Mode Exhaust
2019+ version Split Spoke Silver Wheels
Navigation
Silver Rally Stripes
TP2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 12:02 PM   #9
JTS

Drives: 2023 ZL1 A10
I hope as all you pooch is doing well first and up most .
All the above are very good suggestions, and will work , some maybe a little overkill , but how much did your pooch pee, on the front passenger floor , I can suggest trying this first before you remove the seat and replace the padding, Walmart households dept has a cleaner specifically made for pet urine (can't remember the brand ) used it before and works to disinfect and neutralise the possible urine smell .
Pull the door sill plate off , lift the carpet an pad , shampoo both use neutraliser , use towels to pat dry prop up carpet and pad with paint stick or 2 , or like object and run a space heater ( common in most homes or a hair dryer , monitor for safety reasons . I bet this will totally eliminate the problem. We had the same issue a few years back in my wife's new Tahoe our pooch had an accidental pee from a UTI couldn't control herself. A suggestion. Happy Motoring. Again hope your pooch is recovering .
Old 11-30-2022, 12:22 PM   #10
Nothing like an SS
Faster!!!

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTS View Post
I hope as all you pooch is doing well first and up most .
All the above are very good suggestions, and will work , some maybe a little overkill , but how much did your pooch pee, on the front passenger floor , I can suggest trying this first before you remove the seat and replace the padding, Walmart households dept has a cleaner specifically made for pet urine (can't remember the brand ) used it before and works to disinfect and neutralise the possible urine smell .
Pull the door sill plate off , lift the carpet an pad , shampoo both use neutraliser , use towels to pat dry prop up carpet and pad with paint stick or 2 , or like object and run a space heater ( common in most homes or a hair dryer , monitor for safety reasons . I bet this will totally eliminate the problem. We had the same issue a few years back in my wife's new Tahoe our pooch had an accidental pee from a UTI couldn't control herself. A suggestion. Happy Motoring. Again hope your pooch is recovering .

First, hope the pup is ok.

This is the best suggestion I have seen, was about to post something very similar.
Nothing like an SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 12:34 PM   #11
keep_hope_alive
Electrical Engineer

Drives: 2023 1SS A10 Black
Quote:

Hope your puppy is okay.
I would also remove the carpet from the car. I would also replace the padding under the carpet. This will let everything dry out properly. Only ~30 minutes of effort to remove carpet.

1100: 5/3/22 . . . . . . . 2000: 6/25/22 . . . . . .4000: 8/17/22 . . . . . . . 6000: 9/10/22

Daily Driver mileage update: 22k mi. @ April 2024
New Engine @ 22,600

Build Log: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...6#post11353116
keep_hope_alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 03:03 PM   #12
22LT1Camaro

Drives: 22 LT1
Rocco & Roxie Pet Stain & Odor Remover is my "go to" enzyme based cleaner.

2 dogs - one just turned 1, the other nearing 2, tons of accidents on my carpets and you'd never know.

You'll still probably want to get the car to a detailer or replace the carpet and what's underneath at some point, but, dogs are like kids - keeping things nice can be tough, and expensive.
22LT1Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2022, 10:21 PM   #13
zackcworley

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:

Hope your puppy is okay.

How do I go about removing the carpet exactly?
zackcworley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 11:03 AM   #14
DamonZ28

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Val Walkinshaw View Post
Edit: get on FB and become a member of "detailing 101 by autogeek". Not only will you learn a lot, you'll likely get the same answer if not get a recommendation on someone in your area.
I just joined.
RUXIFEY Smoked LED Side Marker Lights / Black SS emblem on rear bumper / Blue SS vinyl overlay on front bumper emblem / Wildhammer Rear Dark Reflectors / Trim Illusion Gloss Black Door Handle Covers / eBay Black Fuel Door / Screaming Chicken Fender Hash Marks / Color-Matched G2 Caliper Paint
RE Audio RFX10D4 10" Sub / Hand-made sub enclosure / Hifonics Zeus ZRX1200.1D amp / JL Audio LoC-22 line output converter / Sub Thump Plug N Play T-Harness With ANC Defeat Harness Kit

My Camaro Journal
DamonZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro, damage