Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-01-2022, 08:04 PM   #29
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post
Holy balls. $16k for a 2010 SS with only 39k miles?

Correct me if I am wrong, but that seems like an amazing deal?
More like a steal.

I have 32k on mine and I’d NEVER even humor the idea of $16k

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 08:12 PM   #30
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
OP, what you need is to find a quality tuner and get the car ironed out with a custom, quality tune. This guy that you bought the car from sounds like they really didn't know what they were doing with their mods. Calling trailing arms traction bars, tuning their car with a canned tune, etc. You still got a steal of a deal so don't fret. Find a quality speed shop with a quality tuner and have them go through the car and set it right. They should be able to tell what you have and get you squared away. From there you will have a heck of a fun car to play with.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 06:30 AM   #31
NOT A 45

Drives: 13 CAMARO 2SS LS3-04 SILVERADO LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by steaksauce28 View Post
Got it. Thanks again for all the info! Now will I still be able to pass inspection with the rear 02 sensors turned off? I guess I was thinking a tune modified the sensors to appropriately read the air passing through by adjusting for their new positioning.

I contacted two local performance shops (that supposedly tune and dyno) and they acted like the two EVAP codes couldn’t possibly have to do with the long tube headers and were totally different issues (like an exhaust leak). Essentially stated I needed to get the evap codes fixed before they could tune my vehicle. Granted neither specialized in Camaro tunes.
If the 2 performance shops believe p1133 and p1153 are evap codes run, don't walk away from them! Those codes are o2 slow response codes and are directly related to the headers because you've moved the sensors further downstream and it takes longer than the predetermined time the ecm looks for them to be active. Both of those codes can be tuned out....I had to do it to my car.
NOT A 45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 07:40 AM   #32
Nate2SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post
Holy balls. $16k for a 2010 SS with only 39k miles?

Correct me if I am wrong, but that seems like an amazing deal?
I got my 2011 with 37k for $16,500 before the covid market. I figured it was good but not the best thing in the world.
Old 11-02-2022, 05:25 PM   #33
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
I contacted two local performance shops (that supposedly tune and dyno) and they acted like the two EVAP codes couldn’t possibly have to do with the long tube headers and were totally different issues (like an exhaust leak). Essentially stated I needed to get the evap codes fixed before they could tune my vehicle. Granted neither specialized in Camaro tunes.
I'm with Not a 45. What you are experiencing is normal with headers and have no bearing whatsoever on if the car can be tuned or not. Either go find someone that knows what they are doing or hit up one of the vendors here on this site.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 07:05 PM   #34
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danial View Post
I see what you're going for there but when it comes to valuation, the folks who do the valuating for loans don't care who owned it, it's mileage and apparent condition all the way.

I'm going to be 60 on my next birthday and my 13 SS has 112K on the clock. No way no how, would I sell that car to a friend unless they insisted. It has some really hard miles on her.
Well actually they do if you live in a state where a car with codes cannot be sold "as is". If it doesn't pass inspection, it can be returned to the seller for either a fix or a refund.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 07:16 PM   #35
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-It Man View Post
Well actually they do if you live in a state where a car with codes cannot be sold "as is". If it doesn't pass inspection, it can be returned to the seller for either a fix or a refund.
States that have these laws only apply to dealerships, not private parties, and have a time window of only 2-3 days.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2022, 12:42 PM   #36
steaksauce28

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
All wanted to provide one last update. Dynosteve took care of me with a custom tune. Car is running great! No check engine lights.
steaksauce28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2022, 01:55 PM   #37
bsn

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Bottom line you got a great deal-really don't think anything nefarious was going on in the background just an uninformed seller.

Go enjoy it now!!!

P,S, if the seller was a little better informed you would have paid quite a bit more.
bsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2022, 02:15 PM   #38
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Quote:
All wanted to provide one last update. Dynosteve took care of me with a custom tune. Car is running great! No check engine lights.
Glad you got it ironed out. There’s just something in me that loves seeing certain people get proven wrong once in a while on here. Sounds like you are gonna have many smiles and miles ahead of you.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2022, 02:19 PM   #39
Danial

Drives: 2013 SS/RS, 2015 Camaro SS/RS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-It Man View Post
What states are those? It must be damn few. I've lived in areas in two different states that require inspections but failing said inspection has never prevented the sale of a car. I have bought and sold dozens over the years and more than a few with codes.
Old 11-05-2022, 02:21 PM   #40
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottletalk View Post
use someone that has a ls3 background just for simplicity....u don't need anymore cel's lol ps the mod the og owner did (4cyl/8cyl) is a vvt delete. u now have a ls3! mention that to ur tuner if ur going with an email tune.
ur California edition superchip is holding back some HP, u might want to change that at some point.
u got a great deal, enjoy!
This here isn't correct, he doesn't have an LS3 now. Unless the original owner went into the engine and changed out the VVT system and did an actual LS3 conversion, it is still a VVT setup. OP mentioned the tune the original owner did was to deactivate the AFM/DOD lifters so the engine would run on all 8 cylinders all the time. So the VVT is still active, just not the AFM/DOD program from the factory. Hope that makes sense. But gotta say,, man you got a great deal for such a low mileage Camaro SS/RS!!! And you have all the "first run"mods already that most folks do. Get a good tune and you will be good to go!! Enjoy..
Old 11-05-2022, 02:22 PM   #41
Danial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
Glad you got it ironed out. There’s just something in me that loves seeing certain people get proven wrong once in a while on here. Sounds like you are gonna have many smiles and miles ahead of you.
...grin...
Old 11-05-2022, 02:22 PM   #42
Danial

Quote:
Awesome! The crowd goes wild! Great to hear the news. You got a steal.