Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-31-2022, 04:31 PM   #15
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Wow. If $16K is an amazing deal for a 2010 with codes and dubious mods, I should be asking twice that for my virgin 2010 2SS with 86K and no codes.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 05:29 PM   #16
MSgt O

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Vert LS3/M6
39K vs 86K...
MSgt O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 06:27 PM   #17
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-It Man View Post
Wow. If $16K is an amazing deal for a 2010 with codes and dubious mods, I should be asking twice that for my virgin 2010 2SS with 86K and no codes.
Wow, that was an informative post. 16K for a lower mile SS is a steal these days. I paid more for my first 52K SS 4 years ago before the market took off. A few hundred dollars worth of tuning will have the codes cleared up. Your 86K “virgin” still has 86K on it. Maybe no mods but still 86k.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 06:49 PM   #18
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RupertPupkin View Post
How is the seller not honest.
Sounds like the seller had the car tuned with a hand held tuner and before the buyer took possession of the car, reverted the tune back to factory to free up the tuner without disclosing that fact. To me, that is dishonest.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 07:07 PM   #19
steaksauce28

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
I can see why you feel that way but these mods (after lurking in the forums for awhile) were all something I wanted to do to the vehicle. The codes annoyed me but after everyone explained them here I'm not as concerned. Plus I'd imagine I would've got the same codes when I put a SW exhaust on without a tune.

The other cool thing that brought my spirits back up is I found the original window sticker. Guy didn't even mention that it was an SS/RS and I didn't know enough by the badging and interior when buying it. So I'll trade the codes for the surprise RS package.
steaksauce28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 07:10 PM   #20
steaksauce28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
Sounds like the seller had the car tuned with a hand held tuner and before the buyer took possession of the car, reverted the tune back to factory to free up the tuner without disclosing that fact. To me, that is dishonest.

Now if that was the case wouldn't he have kept his tuner? I might be misunderstanding what you're saying. He wound up giving me the flashpaq tuner. I'm thinking the tuner he bought didn't quite fix the codes but allowed him to at least clear them for the time being.

I've bought and sold quite a few vehicles through years and nothing screams dishonest like codes popping up within the first 50 miles of driving the vehicle. Regardless of how easy of fix this is going to be I still think it's pretty dishonest. But luckily since all of you are so awesome and explained it to me it no longer feels as big of an issue. Glad I found this community.
Old 10-31-2022, 07:35 PM   #21
Danial

Drives: 2013 SS/RS, 2015 Camaro SS/RS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by steaksauce28 View Post
Now if that was the case wouldn't he have kept his tuner? I might be misunderstanding what you're saying. He wound up giving me the flashpaq tuner. I'm thinking the tuner he bought didn't quite fix the codes but allowed him to at least clear them for the time being.

I've bought and sold quite a few vehicles through years and nothing screams dishonest like codes popping up within the first 50 miles of driving the vehicle. Regardless of how easy of fix this is going to be I still think it's pretty dishonest. But luckily since all of you are so awesome and explained it to me it no longer feels as big of an issue. Glad I found this community.

As noted before, based on what you're saying, you got a fantastic deal, no doubt about it. As for this community, you won't find a better group of folks willing to impart their wisdom and daily Camaro shenanigans. But one thing else about these guys - they can be brutally honest so just know that with great wisdom comes great honesty. (Thank you Stan Lee.)
Old 11-01-2022, 01:06 AM   #22
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Get a catch can.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 02:42 PM   #23
Sales@Phastek

Drives: 2016 1SS
You can order a programmer, then get a custom tune for the headers. It's super easy to do it yourself. This is the SCT Camaro Programmer & this is the link to the Phastek Custom SCT Tune.
Old 11-01-2022, 03:56 PM   #24
Rob99
I’m Magik a physco dog

Drives: '15 1LT/RS & '23 3LT/RS
Quote:
Exactly and in that case the seller should have included the tuner or asked for some extra dollars for it and explained to buyer how important it is.
With the extra money the seller. could have went and bought another tuner for whatever car was next for him.
Not sure if I’d go with dishonest but certainly not fully transparent, IDK either way pretty shitty.
2015 1LT Ashen Grey
2016 1LT Blue Velvet
My entire life has been 'A Midlife Crisis'

Rob99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 05:17 PM   #25
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSgt O View Post
39K vs 86K...
86K adult ownership>>>39K boy racer and bubbu modified
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 05:23 PM   #26
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by steaksauce28 View Post
Well looked up the flashpaq tuner and it's not really a tuner. It's just a glorified code reader that allows you to change some basic stuff. The flashpaq is not able to turn off the rear O2 sensors which is what is creating the codes. To do this, you will need to buy either an SCT Tuner or an HP tuner (with SCT being the more go to tuner for e-mail tunes) and hit up one of the vendors on this site and purchase a custom tune from them.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 06:02 PM   #27
steaksauce28

Quote:
Well looked up the flashpaq tuner and it's not really a tuner. It's just a glorified code reader that allows you to change some basic stuff. The flashpaq is not able to turn off the rear O2 sensors which is what is creating the codes. To do this, you will need to buy either an SCT Tuner or an HP tuner (with SCT being the more go to tuner for e-mail tunes) and hit up one of the vendors on this site and purchase a custom tune from them.
Got it. Thanks again for all the info! Now will I still be able to pass inspection with the rear 02 sensors turned off? I guess I was thinking a tune modified the sensors to appropriately read the air passing through by adjusting for their new positioning.

I contacted two local performance shops (that supposedly tune and dyno) and they acted like the two EVAP codes couldn’t possibly have to do with the long tube headers and were totally different issues (like an exhaust leak). Essentially stated I needed to get the evap codes fixed before they could tune my vehicle. Granted neither specialized in Camaro tunes.
Old 11-01-2022, 06:44 PM   #28
Danial

Drives: 2013 SS/RS, 2015 Camaro SS/RS Vert
Quote:
86K adult ownership>>>39K boy racer and bubbu modified
I see what you're going for there but when it comes to valuation, the folks who do the valuating for loans don't care who owned it, it's mileage and apparent condition all the way.

I'm going to be 60 on my next birthday and my 13 SS has 112K on the clock. No way no how, would I sell that car to a friend unless they insisted. It has some really hard miles on her.