Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

AWE Tuning

Old 09-01-2018, 02:25 AM   #1
DriftNDraft

Drives: 2020 1SS 1LE M6 was 2018 V6 RS A8
GMPP sway bar kit with GMPP lowering kit

I've decided to get the Chevrolet Performance Lowering Kit (instead of cobbling together a FE3 suspension) for a 1LT V6. Does anyone have any experience running this kit with the GMPP Sway Bar Upgrade Kit?

The sway bar kit looks like it's made up of FE4 sway bars and FE4 front lower control arms. For some reason the kit is listed as being only for SS Camaros. Yet it looks like Chevrolet added it to a V6 Camaro in this Slashgear video:

The only reason I can find for limiting the sway bar kit to the SS is the tires on the SS being staggered summer-only (the 1LT are square 245s and all-season) and perhaps from having less weight in the front on the V6. Both of these would alter the front/back sway bar ratio.

I'm planning on changing the rear wheels on the 1LT from 20 x 8.5 to 20 x 9.5 and swapping the stock all-season tires for Goodyear Eagle F1 summer-only with 245s in the front and 275s in the rear (same as the SS). Basically as close as I can get to a stock SS.

Last edited by DriftNDraft; 01-31-2019 at 12:38 AM. Reason: Added last paragraph
DriftNDraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 11:15 PM   #2
DriftNDraft

Drives: 2020 1SS 1LE M6 was 2018 V6 RS A8
Grassroots Motorsports Comment

From the forum at Grassroots Motorsports, who were driving at the same press event as above. SG3 is the lowering kit and SC1 is the sway bar kit:

"As for whether or not you can create a more capable car than the 1LE using the SG3 and SC1 kits, the short answer is I'm not sure. We didn't drive 1LE on track (We drove the 1LT, 2LT and SS). But if I were comparing the base SS (has the FE3 suspension) to the V6 with SG3 and SC1 kits, I would say the SS is still the slightly better performer. Take that statement with a grain of salt though, since there are other aspects of the SS (and the 1LE for that matter) that make it feel and perform better."

Last edited by DriftNDraft; 01-31-2019 at 12:33 AM.
DriftNDraft is offline   Reply With Quote