Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-04-2017, 07:26 AM   #1
Steve65

Drives: 2013
Diff between 1SS and 2SS

what is the difference between the two, i bought my wife a2013 SS convert. want to get as much info and knowledge on car...this forum is best out there
Steve65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 07:34 AM   #2
zr1chris

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS/1LE
2SS-Fully loaded
1SS-stripped
zr1chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 07:50 AM   #3
WltrWht

Drives: 2015 Summit White LS3
Features & Options
The 1SS came equipped with 20-inch alloy wheels, a sport-tuned suspension, automatic headlights, foglights, keyless entry, remote start on automatic models, air conditioning, cruise control, a tilt-and-telescoping, leather-wrapped steering wheel, Bluetooth connectivity, a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment display, Chevy's "MyLink" smartphone integration system and a six-speaker CD stereo with auxiliary audio jack and satellite radio. The convertible also came standard with a rearview camera and rear parking sensors. Those two features were optional on the coupe.

The 2SS added leather seating surfaces, a full-color driver information display, a heads-up display, four-pack auxiliary gauges, an auto-dimming rear-view mirror, a universal home remote, standard rear-view camera and rear parking sensors on both the coupe and convertible, and an eight-speaker Boston Acoustics premium sound system
WltrWht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 08:35 AM   #4
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Then there is the RS package option.... it had the halo HID headlights, and the premium alloy wheels and color roof ditch molding and some RS badges for the V-6..... of the many options I love the HUD is the most used, back up camera nice, the mylink nice and I have even used the onstar to pipe in directions a few times when using it for road trips just for kicks. leather =2SS cloth seats = 1SS... also...then there is the 1ls, 2ls, 1lt, 2lt of the v-6 and the optional 1le handling package with its bunch of stuff you can only get for a manual coupe that includes higher 3.91 gear ratio, diff cooler, stiffer suspension components, slightly different trans gearing and warm and fuzzy wheel and boot being suede-ish microfiber kind of finish and not finished black leather like in the options for a zl1. Dash leather accent started in 2012ish and other cosmetic changes came over the years the suspension on coupes going to Fe4 with the rear sways located outside the frame rails sort of compared to in prior years, in 13 retro mirror and mylink were in with electric power steering also and the rear view camera...12 early think my link came in... and cameras are nice and not even a option any more for new cars.... 2ss has a red SS badging, 1ss white badging. Unfortunately the RS is also in red badging so many members of the public could not tell a SS from a RS unless they knew the Camaro better.

Me specifically well I have sparks restoration retro badging in billet aluminum, painted in body crystal red. The trunk ones a nice handle for opening it and they don't look cheap.
http://sparks-restorations.com/ SO make it your own, custom hood spears or gill stripes are out there with low prices and learn about the mods you can do for fun and maintenance here. Phastek is a nice place to shop or American car craft to dream ....Welcome

http://sparks-restorations.com/ Permagrin, not installed yet. BTW I owned a 11 vert it was nice, the suspension is a little softer versus a coupe and they have a front strut tower brace. And the car weighs 300 lbs more and you can't fold the rear seat down for anything and the trunk is limited in both the space for the top and the tonneau cover.'

But it can be fun in the sun, just make sure you don't have a cat whose favorite place to sit is the top of your car...LOL And I used Sunbrella to treat the top every three months or so and it always beaded water off for cleaning..it was the fur..though a pain. And well triple black does not like white fur and I needed a stick in red and oh well compared too the zl1 its so much cheaper to get that color if shopping out of town when its on limited supply.....YUP Crystal Claret Pearl Tricoat known as crystal red tintcoat used to be a color you had to get on a waiting list for when it came out due to the demand not only for a Camaro but for the Cadillacs and such... Theres some trivia for yah too...LOL

Now the differences between a l99 automatic engine and the ls3..thats another long bunch of facts. And working outside anyway I found the top due to rain or sunburn was not down enough anyway and the new car fever was hitting hard and the damn local dealer could not get a crystal red zl1 and I took my deposit back after waiting like forever as they only got like 1 a year and I ditched them for a larger city lot to get the best 2ss I could with all the options and upgrades desired as many did not like the particulars of the refresh in the 14 model year which was front and rear cosmetics mostly.

And I am one of them, and well then there is the sixth gen ; A Camaro humped a Jaguar....made it all even more high-tech and less easily modified also with direct injection being so more dyno dependent for mods. Lighter chassis is nice, internals Ok maybe a step up a little, electronics nice with the optional this and that like Magnetorheological Shocks but you pay for them on a SS ; a step up in thinking for Chevy along with the ZL1 getting the Same HP range as the Corvette......And even having a optional 1le package for the ZL1....Changes they learned from the fifth gen owners feedback and common sense...

SO change is the only thing to count on, and the new zl1 well it may be a collector item many moons from now, or it may be replaced by a car like the Jetsons operating on magnetic repulsion and ion fart doodle from flatulaic containing systems in the seats. Retro muscle though is fine and loved by many.

Last edited by christianchevell; 06-04-2017 at 09:17 AM.
christianchevell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 09:05 AM   #5
Scottiemac

Drives: Black 2015 1ss/rs
I would hardly call my 1SS stripped. Ha ha! I didn't want leather seats, I don't like HUD(I would have turned it off) the gauges are o k but you can't drive and look at them safely ( imo) I've heard good and bad about the BA stereo but I would have liked that even though mine is fine for me. Miss not having dimming mirrors. Universal remote isn't needed and who cares about a color DIC? My wife almost talked me into a 2SS just for the heated seats(only with leather) but ours is an automatic with remote start. I can make the whole car warm! We don't drive it much in winter anyway. I got my way. Lol
Scottiemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 09:38 AM   #6
Scottiemac

Oh, and thanks Christianchevelle. Almost had my coffee out the nose from the "Camaro humped a Jaguar" comment!
Old 06-04-2017, 11:01 AM   #7
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
One mistake Mr. Chevelle, the SS has white badges unless equipped with the RS package, then they are red. 1SS and 2SS.
Old 06-04-2017, 11:35 AM   #8
CCMADONNA

Drives: 2014 SW 2SS/RS
Steve, congratulations on getting your wife a 2013 SS vert!

I am someone's wife and I got the 2014 SS vert! It is the 2SS with the RS package and the best thing about it is in neither the "2" or the "RS".
The best thing is that it is a V8 convertible Camaro!!!

If you want to really round out the greatness, add a cai and a healthy sounding catback exhaust along with a Range device to cancel out the AFM drone or add stepped headers and a tune if your wife enjoys a powerful car.

You got a great car!!!

2014 2SS/RS VERT L99
SUMMIT WHITE
AIRAID CAI
BORLA ATAK CAT-BACK EXHAUST
ELITE ENGINEERING CATCH-CAN
RANGE AFM-DELETE MODULE
HUPER OPTIK 40
CHROME PEDALS
PREMIUM FLOOR MATS
PREMIUM CARGO MAT
DEDICATED 32GB iPHONE HD
[/I][/B][IMG][/IMG]
CCMADONNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 12:37 PM   #9
splashlog48

Drives: 2011 Green SS M6
Stripped ???? LMMFBO !!
splashlog48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 01:16 PM   #10
CoupeSS

Drives: 2013 Coupe 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottiemac View Post
I would hardly call my 1SS stripped. Ha ha! I didn't want leather seats, I don't like HUD(I would have turned it off) the gauges are o k but you can't drive and look at them safely ( imo) I've heard good and bad about the BA stereo but I would have liked that even though mine is fine for me. Miss not having dimming mirrors. Universal remote isn't needed and who cares about a color DIC? My wife almost talked me into a 2SS just for the heated seats(only with leather) but ours is an automatic with remote start. I can make the whole car warm! We don't drive it much in winter anyway. I got my way. Lol
HUD is one of the 2SS options I use the most.
CoupeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 01:54 PM   #11
zr1chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by splashlog48 View Post
Stripped ???? LMMFBO !!
Did I miss something? Stripped is what you call a car that doesn't come with any "optional" equipment such as leather, premium sound, HUD, etc etc. As far as I know the 1SS only comes with standard equipment thus why I called it stripped.
Old 06-04-2017, 01:58 PM   #12
Low Saturn

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by zr1chris View Post
Did I miss something? Stripped is what you call a car that doesn't come with any "optional" equipment such as leather, premium sound, HUD, etc etc. As far as I know the 1SS only comes with standard equipment thus why I called it stripped.
I wouldn't say a 1SS is stripped. Maybe a 1LS 5th gen with no options would fall into the category.
Old 06-04-2017, 02:05 PM   #13
zr1chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Saturn View Post
I wouldn't say a 1SS is stripped. Maybe a 1LS 5th gen with no options would fall into the category.
Well the OP was comparing one SS to another. 2SS has all the options and the 1SS doesn't.
Old 06-04-2017, 02:22 PM   #14
Scottiemac

There are options that you can get that are not standard on an 2SS. Stripes of various styles, ground affects, and other things that I don't remember. 1le and for '15 a suspension package for auto cars that's the same as the 1le. You could option up a 1SS also. Mine has optional Navigation that's not standard. So no, 2SS doesn't have all options and there is a lot of upgrades on 2013 and newer models compared to earlier cars. 2SS is a interior package that many people like but to say a 1SS is stripped or doesn't have options is inaccurate. I'm happy with mine. I would have liked the dimming mirrors though. My other cars have it.