Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 05-19-2011, 06:24 PM   #15
AdamCzap

Drives: 18 zl1, 17 sierra denali
I have the Hellion system and it's wonderful. Great sound with my noweeds diverters directly behind the turbos lol. Trying to sell my car (hesitantly), but would definitely do it again.
AdamCzap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 09:14 AM   #16
IPS Brandon

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS black
Send a message via AIM to IPS Brandon
I am not certain if you have seen our system, but I will throw our hat into the mix.

Out IPS twin turbo system is the highest quality kit on the market, ask the users whom have it installed, it also produces the highest HP numbers consistently, it can be installed in a modest amount of time with a modest array of hand tools!

A full list of the kit can be seen here http://www.ipsmotorsports.net/produc...oducts_id=4309

Here are some shots of the kit installed on a car

This auto car recently went out on stock tires and babying the car off the line to a mid 11 second pass at 124 mph!

Some more shots of kits getting ready to ship

Complete system

If you have any additional questions please let me know, we are very proud of this system, and we have a lot of time in developing it, which is reflected in the HP it produces and the quality of parts we use!

Finally just a little fun video from our IRS record setting corvette Z06 (with the iron block motor still) Car went 7.75 at 183 Milan last weekend, and we have a new ERL motor going in the car in the next few weeks!

Regards
IPS Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 09:56 AM   #17
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPS Brandon View Post
I am not certain if you have seen our system, but I will throw our hat into the mix.

Out IPS twin turbo system is the highest quality kit on the market, ask the users whom have it installed, it also produces the highest HP numbers consistently, it can be installed in a modest amount of time with a modest array of hand tools!

A full list of the kit can be seen here http://www.ipsmotorsports.net/produc...oducts_id=4309

This auto car recently went out on stock tires and babying the car off the line to a mid 11 second pass at 124 mph!

If you have any additional questions please let me know, we are very proud of this system, and we have a lot of time in developing it, which is reflected in the HP it produces and the quality of parts we use!

Finally just a little fun video from our IRS record setting corvette Z06 (with the iron block motor still) Car went 7.75 at 183 Milan last weekend, and we have a new ERL motor going in the car in the next few weeks!

Regards
Very nice looking kit...

I love my ERL motor...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 10:05 AM   #18
Cole@Fastlane

Drives: 2010 LSX shootout champions
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboss View Post
I had a single fastlane turbo and it produced alot of heat and the down pipe was to small for the 72 mm turbo and it had a ebay intercooler with kit now my car is in works of twin 64 but the fastlane did have the wow looking factor
If your car had a "e-bay" intercooler it wasnt put on here. We fabricate the intercooler here in house for that kit. It is a high quality bar and plate intercooler capable of 1100 hp. We had the same intercooler that comes with our kit on a camaro with 22 psi of boost making over 1000 hp with less than 1 psi of drop across the core. As for the downpipe, depending on L99 or LS3 the down pipes are different size. If you bought the car second hand and it had a cheap intercooler on it i wouldnt be surprised if the down pipe wasnt a part from our kit either. Our kit is 100% fabricated in house and we use the best available stainless steel and aluminum. The only parts bought for the kit that we do not make are obviously the 44mm Tial blow off valve,Tial waste gate, Borg Warner turbo and the intercooler core. Our kit is made in the USA and we stand behind our product 100%

Last edited by Cole@Fastlane; 05-20-2011 at 11:05 AM.
Cole@Fastlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 10:52 AM   #19
Da Hose
ACCOUNT HOZED BY GN......

Drives: 2011 SGM 2SS/RS #26731
I have the fastlane stage 4 kit and I freaking love it....I don't have any issues with under hood temp at all.....the blanket does a great job of keeping the heat contained to the exhaust where it should be.

The part that amazes me is the whole kit is built in house...the piping, the intercooler...all of it is custom built to fit your car...I have not had any issues with my kit what so ever. We litterally pulled it off of the Dyno at 7pm the night before Camaro 5 fest, I went home packed and drove it 1200 miles to the fest...raced it several times and drove it home.....The car is amazing.....Just ask Robert.....He'll tell you...and he still ows me a signature!!!!!

I'd bet $100 that you smile like that all the time, even in your sleep... and you don't snore when you sleep, you giggle.

Da Hose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 12:06 PM   #20
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Hose View Post
I have the fastlane stage 4 kit and I freaking love it....I don't have any issues with under hood temp at all.....the blanket does a great job of keeping the heat contained to the exhaust where it should be.

The part that amazes me is the whole kit is built in house...the piping, the intercooler...all of it is custom built to fit your car...I have not had any issues with my kit what so ever. We litterally pulled it off of the Dyno at 7pm the night before Camaro 5 fest, I went home packed and drove it 1200 miles to the fest...raced it several times and drove it home.....The car is amazing.....Just ask Robert.....He'll tell you...and he still ows me a signature!!!!!
Yup, it runs, it's reliable, and has lots of bling factor... Just like Da Hose....

He sent me packing on the track.....

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

Old 05-20-2011, 12:57 PM   #21
Da Hose
ACCOUNT HOZED BY GN......

Drives: 2011 SGM 2SS/RS #26731
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Yup, it runs, it's reliable, and has lots of bling factor... Just like Da Hose....

He sent me packing on the track.....
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA....BLING FACTOR!!!!!!!

that's exactly what I was going for!!!!!! only cuz next time we meet on the track.....I'll be staring at your tail lights!!!!!

I'd bet $100 that you smile like that all the time, even in your sleep... and you don't snore when you sleep, you giggle.

Da Hose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 01:53 PM   #22
Camarowguy

Drives: 2011 imperial blue SS, black 92 RS
What is that pan looking thing hanging under the car? Is that to catch the pistons and rods when you sling em out the block? Hehehe....looks like you won't be going over any speed bumps with that. And side/bottom pics?
2004 5.7 GTO 78mm turbo
Camarowguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 04:31 PM   #23
Cole@Fastlane

Drives: 2010 LSX shootout champions
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarowguy View Post
What is that pan looking thing hanging under the car? Is that to catch the pistons and rods when you sling em out the block? Hehehe....looks like you won't be going over any speed bumps with that. And side/bottom pics?
It is a skid plate to protect the low mounted turbos i believe.
Cole@Fastlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 05:16 PM   #24
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole@Fastlane View Post
It is a skid plate to protect the low mounted turbos i believe.
Exactly, my kit from TTI Granatelli also has it... No clearance issues... It's more flush than that picture shows...

Old 05-26-2011, 04:48 PM   #25
IPS Brandon

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS black
Send a message via AIM to IPS Brandon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarowguy View Post
As cole mentioned it is a scratch sheild to help aide any debris or parking curbs There is no ground clearance issues unless you are 1" off the ground, I can guarantee this, they hang approximatively .75 - 1" below the subframe rail but not lower then the exhaust, so its a wash. Not sure if we have side pictures.
IPS Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 11:46 AM   #26
Granatelli
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon8 View Post

Actual photo of how hot a traditional front-mounted turbo can get.
You do not want this near critical plastic and electrical components in the engine bay, or
mounted under or near your feet causing significant driver and passenger discomfort.

I can promise you - a set of Granatelli turbos will NEVER look like that under 99.9% of your driving conditions. Sure if you plan to tow 12,000 lbs up Pikes Peak for 20 miles it may get there but otherwise no.
Granatelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 12:04 PM   #27
Boost6924

Drives: 2SS/RS
IPS, GRANATELLI and HELLION locates the turbos in the right spot, period.
Oh, i think HENNESSEY has low mount kit too.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:16 PM   #28
Chris@HPS

Drives: 2005corvette
Jon @ Atlanta Performance and Fabrication can build you a custom single or twin turbo kit as well. They are sponsors on here and have been doing custom turbo kits for many years with some of the highest hp cars here in Georgia!

Chris
Chris@HPS is offline   Reply With Quote