Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-19-2021, 01:32 PM   #43
willzilla
D3RPZILLA

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 a10
Quick bump from the dead... seems they have some new revisions on some of their quick jacks.. and have many in stock. I went ahead and ordered the 7000TLX which seems like it should fit the ZL1 nicely (hopefully, lol) as well as a number of my other larger vehicles. Will post thoughts and video once received and setup and such and if I survive
willzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 02:57 PM   #44
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by willzilla View Post
Quick bump from the dead... seems they have some new revisions on some of their quick jacks.. and have many in stock. I went ahead and ordered the 7000TLX which seems like it should fit the ZL1 nicely (hopefully, lol) as well as a number of my other larger vehicles. Will post thoughts and video once received and setup and such and if I survive
Good choice on the 7000 series. And you will be fine. These things are very stout. Just take your time setting it up and use a little common sense while using it.
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 05:52 PM   #45
NotFast

Drives: 2021 LT1
Are the revisions/new models the "TL" series that gives you 3 inches more height?
NotFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2021, 11:41 AM   #46
willzilla
D3RPZILLA

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 a10
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotFast View Post
Are the revisions/new models the "TL" series that gives you 3 inches more height?
Yes. That's what it looks like. I ordered the 7000TLX.

https://www.quickjack.com/car-lifts/7000tlx/

From the site:
Extended-length car lift design
The 7000XLT portable car lift has been redesigned to accommodate heavy, high-clearance vehicles with long wheelbases. We’ve increased the overall frame length and lift point spread by 6”. This means the minimum lift point spread is now 6” longer, so smaller vehicles may not fit with the 7000XLT.

TL minimum lift point spread: 37"
TLX minimum lift point spread: 43"

TL maximum lift point spread: 60"
TLX maximum lift point spread: 66"

TL overall frame length: 70"
TLX overall frame length: 76"

What's the difference between the NEW TL Models vs. SLX Models?
The biggest difference between the 7000TLX and BL-7000EXT is the lifting height, which has increased 3 inches. This provides ample room to perform all the common vehicle maintenance tasks and allows you the capability to perform even the most complicated repairs.

Overall dimensions have remained the same, so you'll continue to benefit from what made QuickJack so popular in the automotive community and that is it's super-low 3" lowered height. The minimum lifting point spread did change from 31.5" to 37", but this will not make a difference to the vast majority of 7000TLX users.
willzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 09:14 AM   #47
NotFast

Drives: 2021 LT1
This is a really good deal, 22% off.
Attached Images

NotFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 10:34 PM   #48
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
One of my 7000slx frames is stuck and won't lower past halfway point between stop 1 and 2. My car is 1' off the ground and support doesn't open until Monday.

I regret this purchase.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 11:59 PM   #49
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
One of my 7000slx frames is stuck and won't lower past halfway point between stop 1 and 2. My car is 1' off the ground and support doesn't open until Monday.

I regret this purchase.
Did you check the air charge in each unit? My SLX5000 has been flawless...
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 12:53 AM   #50
KirkH

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS Capt View Post

Yes, I read to try that in the troubleshooting, but they are now recommending that you don't even use the air cylinders. When I set mine up originally, I couldn't get the air cylinders to hold air, and support told me not to worry about it, that they don't recommend using them anymore.
Old 07-31-2022, 01:06 AM   #51
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:

I regret this purchase.
Quote:
Quote:
Yes, I read to try that in the troubleshooting, but they are now recommending that you don't even use the air cylinders. When I set mine up originally, I couldn't get the air cylinders to hold air, and support told me not to worry about it, that they don't recommend using them anymore.
Weird, my BL-5000SLX have been flawless in their operation...
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 01:25 AM   #52
KirkH

Quote:
Weird, my BL-5000SLX have been flawless in their operation...

I can't decide if I should wait until Monday and call support, or just use a jack and lift the car off the QuickJack and pull it out. I put jack stands in the front jack points and rhino ramps under the rear wheels in case one of the QuickJack frames should lose pressure overnight. I would hate for one of the frames to lose pressure, lower, and then drop the car off one frame of the QuickJack.

I haven't been happy with the QuickJack at all. They seem to move when they lift and when it is lowered, the contact points move away from the jack points, and the heavy frame has to be re-adjusted. I have seen on the internet , people having trouble with cars falling off the rubber blocks, or the rubber blocks falling over. I wish I hadn't bought it.
Old 07-31-2022, 03:08 AM   #53
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
I just recently purchased the 5000SLX. Manual says 40-50 psi air pressure and mentions this helps lower the jacks. I'm thinking you got some bad info, maybe a defective component. Use your good judgment, be careful and remember these things were made by our "good friends" in China!
Attached Images

Old 07-31-2022, 12:52 PM   #54
KirkH

Problem solved. One frame was either slightly crooked or slightly higher than the other frame. Maybe due to the crown of the drive way or maybe just weird asphalt spot. One frame would max out, but the other frame wasnt reaching max. That frame was not clearing the lock block. It was hung with weight still on the lock bar. I coaxed the UP button and got it to clear the lock block. At that point, weight was off the lock bar and I could lift it over the lock block. Car is down. Totally user error.
Old 07-31-2022, 02:06 PM   #55
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Quote:

I haven't been happy with the QuickJack at all. They seem to move when they lift and when it is lowered, the contact points move away from the jack points, and the heavy frame has to be re-adjusted. I have seen on the internet , people having trouble with cars falling off the rubber blocks, or the rubber blocks falling over. I wish I hadn't bought it.
You could have a $6,000.00 pair of projacks and you would still have to make slight adjustments as well. And again of all the videos I've seen with cars sliding off or blocks tipping over were all from user error.
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 04:41 PM   #56
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
Glad to hear your car is safely on all fours! You may want to take it out for a nice power ride to celebrate!