The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 11-12-2019, 06:22 AM   #1
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
2019 Black Widow Silverado LTZ

And after you add ~$30k in aftermarket options and drive it off of the lot, the truck isn't even worth the original MSRP.

Foolishness...

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/11/...ado-ltz-video/

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 09:07 AM   #2
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Somehow I was hoping for a change to the hideous look. I was disappointed again.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 05:14 PM   #3
strykerg8gt

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8 GT
My local dealership carries those SCA Silverados. I still don't know how they manage to actually sell them at that price.
strykerg8gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 12:38 PM   #4
DRKS1D3

Quote:
Originally Posted by strykerg8gt View Post
My local dealership carries those SCA Silverados. I still don't know how they manage to actually sell them at that price.
Fools are born everyday.

My brother-in-law had one. Not a Black Widow, but a similar aftermarket build. It sat on the lot for 2 years (new and untitled). He went in and got it for a few grand under the original MSRP (~$25k savings).

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
Old 11-13-2019, 01:12 PM   #5
mickss

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS-M6 67 Chevelle Wgn
The only thing that this truck reminds of is the saying "A fool and his money are soon parted".
mickss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 07:13 AM   #6
DRKS1D3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickss View Post
The only thing that this truck reminds of is the saying "A fool and his money are soon parted".
Agreed. Sure, these trucks look nice, but they are not practical and when you go to trade it in, you're going to lose your a$$. Like I previously stated, the dealer adds $15-30k on top of the MSRP for these upgrades, but after it's driven off of the lot, it isn't even worth MSRP. Dealers do not want these types of trucks being traded in. The buyer's market is a mere fraction of what it is for a stock Silverado, Sierra, etc.. On top of that, modifying a vehicle will never increase it's value. Trust me, I know. You mod for the fun of it, not for foolishly anticipating a bump in value. Hey, to each their own.

These companies do it for the convenience of having a modded truck. It's already done. The consumer doesn't have to buy the parts and do it himself, even though it would be much, much cheaper.