The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 10-09-2019, 11:20 AM   #15
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
The front end design works better on this than the Camaro but who is in charge of the bowtie placement? Hellen Keller?
Old 10-09-2019, 12:06 PM   #16
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
The front end design works better on this than the Camaro but who is in charge of the bowtie placement? Hellen Keller?
Have you seen the badging on the back of the 6th gen?

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 12:30 PM   #17
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
Have you seen the badging on the back of the 6th gen?
I feel this is a trick question, because you can't.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 03:25 PM   #18
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Was there an engine overheating issue that caused the need for such a massive grille or is that just what the designers have been brainwashed into thinking the customers want?

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 03:57 PM   #19
roorback

Drives: V8 permagrin
HIH - DEE - US

Chevy has definitely taken the trophy from Lexus for ugliest car design. I cannot believe these ideas make it to market.
roorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 11:23 PM   #20
DC5

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
I think the MCE Colorado looks aggressive and handsome! I just wish GM would have invested money towards updating the interior. I like the simplicity of the Colorado's interior, but it's definitely becoming stale.
DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 11:11 AM   #21
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5 View Post
...I just wish GM would have invested money towards updating the interior. I like the simplicity of the Colorado's interior, but it's definitely becoming stale.
I agree...a slight interior refresh is what I'd have liked to see also. I will say (although they are nearly mirrors of each other) the Canyon interior feels nicer, due to the extra dash stitching and a few trim pieces. I drive a loaded 2015 Colorado and I don't hate the interior at all, but it does just feel kind of stale. I sat in a newer Canyon SLT and it just felt a bit nicer. (still stale lol)
Old 10-28-2019, 07:20 AM   #22
snizzle
Recalled user

If we see a significant effort on the 3rd gen, all will be forgiven

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
RX Catch Can
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
Old 12-02-2019, 06:36 PM   #23
JROC
Account Suspended

Drives: 19 Camaro SS 1LE, 03 Ford Lightning
I like it. I also really like the Colorado and Canyon trucks. I do think GM should give the ZR2 more nuts. If not a smallblock V8 then a motor derived from the ATS-V's TT V6 would make for a very fun truck.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 08:35 AM   #24
Expunge

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6, '99 Tahoe 2Dr Sport
The ZR2 is already a mid 40K truck. You can get a fullsize 2020 Silverado 4x4 crewcab with a 6.2L for around the same price point.

As to the interior of the Colorado, I found my right knee kept hitting the center console and the wireless charger has a ridiculously small foot print where I could not set my Galaxy S9+

Hopefully with the refresh Chevy will address these issues.
Expunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 10:07 AM   #25
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC View Post
I like it. I also really like the Colorado and Canyon trucks. I do think GM should give the ZR2 more nuts. If not a smallblock V8 then a motor derived from the ATS-V's TT V6 would make for a very fun truck.
It would be awesome. I think it will happen...but not until next generation unfortunately. I'm feeling confident that Ford is going to bring the Ranger Raptor (also next generation) with the 2.7 turbo. If GM wants the ZR2 to be a Ranger Raptor equivalent, the next gen ZR2 is going to need more power, or at least the option for more power.

Man I'd want that so bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expunge View Post
The ZR2 is already a mid 40K truck. You can get a fullsize 2020 Silverado 4x4 crewcab with a 6.2L for around the same price point.

As to the interior of the Colorado, I found my right knee kept hitting the center console and the wireless charger has a ridiculously small foot print where I could not set my Galaxy S9+

Some people want what they want. For me, I'd rather take the power in a smaller package, but I know for many (or most) they want the full size no matter what. As for pricing, If you want a ZR2 like Silverado crew cab (which does not yet exist) with a 6.2, even with rebates I'd expect it to be at least 5 to 10K more expensive than a ZR2 crew, which can be had for upper 30s right now.

The refresh is not going to address any interior changes per my understanding.
Old 12-03-2019, 10:52 AM   #26
snizzle
Recalled user

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Some people want what they want. For me, I'd rather take the power in a smaller package, but I know for many (or most) they want the full size no matter what. As for pricing, If you want a ZR2 like Silverado crew cab (which does not yet exist) with a 6.2, even with rebates I'd expect it to be at least 5 to 10K more expensive than a ZR2 crew, which can be had for upper 30s right now.
Exactly. I want the smaller overall footprint at this point. Maybe one day that changes.

I would camp for days at the dealership if they offered the 6.2L V8 in the Colorado. Unfortunately, at best, we'll get the 2.7I4 from the Silverado in the 3rd gen unless Ford forces GM's hand on the Raptor. Even then, they'd make a hi-po engine exclusive in the ZR2 i'm sure.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
RX Catch Can
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
Old 12-03-2019, 09:11 PM   #27
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Expunge View Post

Comparing apples to apples doesn't help. The ZR2 is an off road model. Wait until the ZRX comes out to see the price difference.

If you want an off road capable truck, you wouldn't be looking at the standard Silverado with the 6.2 liter.
Old 12-03-2019, 10:32 PM   #28
JROC
Account Suspended

Drives: 19 Camaro SS 1LE, 03 Ford Lightning
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
It would be awesome. I think it will happen...but not until next generation unfortunately. I'm feeling confident that Ford is going to bring the Ranger Raptor (also next generation) with the 2.7 turbo. If GM wants the ZR2 to be a Ranger Raptor equivalent, the next gen ZR2 is going to need more power, or at least the option for more power.

Man I'd want that so bad.
No doubt. The competition from Ford and Ram is getting really strong power in their off-road trucks. Offering a powerplant in the off-road models of the GM midsized twins would likely sell well for them IMO. If they would throw a 6.2L in a ZR2 it would likely produce at least similar performance if not better performance as a F150 Raptor. On top of that being a midsized truck GM should easily be able to keep it sub-$50K IMO. Plus you get a smaller vehicle capable of going more places. If not a V8 then use the TT V6 found in the CTS and ATS-V. It doesn't look like it takes up much more room than the N/A version of the 3.6L V6. I could be wrong though.

Even the run of the mill 5.3L would give it a noticeably bump in performance I'm sure. People have gotten to the point were they seriously underrate how good a 5.3L is. It's not world beating, and it's bore is small, but it's not a weak motor. For a 5.3L, 2v, mass-produced motor that will happily run on regular octane, and should last for several hundreds of thousands of miles it's pretty stout. The LS based 5.3L probably holds more records for fastest ET's produced over most other current truck based motors. Haven't people achieved 1/4 mile passes in the 7's with stock 5.3L shortblocks?

Also those Canyon based Denali trucks aren't cheap either. For the $ they command they can do a little better than the run of the mill Colorado/Canyon motors shared with the more basic models in the lineup. Also for a $40K+ midsized truck lets get that A10 (not the plane.... Or maybe do give use the plane) transmission in the higher-end and performance models. JMO
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote