The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 11-27-2019, 12:03 PM   #71

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Now here's a Mustang that fits in with the heritage and legacy of Mustang...

The Mach e....? I think not.

P.S. The manual trans has gone bye-bye, though....lol
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 07:23 AM   #72
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
They said they have no interest in building anything that isn’t a truck, a utility, or a Mustang.
Which was at best a shell game.

Peoples' natural assumption that 'Mustang' will remain a constant is the unspoken misdirection that would allow the sleight-of-hand to go unnoticed.

People need to be more skeptical of advertising and potentially deceptive approaches to marketing.

Norm
Old 12-04-2019, 10:14 AM   #73
chevybill

Drives: 1994 z-28, 2017 2ss 6spd
Mach E looks to be Ford's Pontiac Aztec in my opinion.

If the Mach E actually enters production, however, Ford will probably aggressively market
and make it a success. Unlike GM with the current Camaro.
chevybill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 12:53 PM   #74
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevybill View Post
Mach E looks to be Ford's Pontiac Aztec in my opinion.

If the Mach E actually enters production, however, Ford will probably aggressively market
and make it a success. Unlike GM with the current Camaro.
"actually enters production"? It's coming soon. Hell, they've already sold out of the "First Edition" as it is called.

I don't hate the Mach E. I kind of like it in some ways...I don't think the exterior is bad to look at. But then Ford had to name it a Mustang. So wrong.
Old 12-04-2019, 04:10 PM   #75
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
im fine with every powerplant from electric motor to supercharged V8 in pony cars including the camaro.but if youre going to call it a mustang dont make it look like a piece of crap SUV.start with the basic mustang body,and as the performance level goes up premium parts like wider wheels and tires,spoilers,and graphics packages could be added.but as someone pointed out,this is fords aztek.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 11:38 AM   #76
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
I went to the Insideev link that talks about how Ford dealerships are clueless on how to sell EVs. In the right margin I found this little gem. The Mustang Mach E at Charging Stations = the new Mustang at Cars & Coffee jokes practically write themselves. I couldn't make this $#!t up if I tried.

https://insideevs.com/news/387371/vi...reckless-ford/
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 02:01 PM   #77
redcoats1976

Quote:
Corporate Average Fuel Economy is done at the parent company (Ford Motor Company) level, not the nameplate (Mustang) level. They could’ve called it anything. Personally, I would’ve suggested “Torino”. Tied to some very cool vehicles in Ford’s past. Doesn’t compromise the Mustang name nor draw the pitchforks and torches of Mustang enthusiasts.
i can see clint eastwood coming after you now..."get off my lawn".the torino was a badass car in its day,let it remain dignified in death.
Old 12-24-2019, 02:10 PM   #78
redcoats1976

i saw a rendering of an elctric camaroish looking 2 door station wagon that was actually good looking,think it was somewhere on this forum.
Old 12-28-2019, 03:24 PM   #79
Craig

Drives: ‘23 SS1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
Which was at best a shell game.

Peoples' natural assumption that 'Mustang' will remain a constant is the unspoken misdirection that would allow the sleight-of-hand to go unnoticed.

People need to be more skeptical of advertising and potentially deceptive approaches to marketing.

Norm
By the logic the Blazer could be called the Camaro CUV and it would be closer to the truth. At least the Blazer was directly styled after the Camaro inside and out and it apparently doesn’t matter that it’s a completely different vehicle. Ford barely even tried in comparison. Headlights, taillights, a couple of body lines and voila it’s a Mustang. It will be interesting to see if they can keep marketing the top halo Mustangs on exclusivity while simultaneously diluting the brand by slapping the badge on whatever vehicle type is in vogue at the moment.

If the enthusiasts let Ford get away with this they’ll eventually find the current Mustang GT replaced with a Mach-something that is closer to a next gen Focus ST while the cars they actually think of as Mustangs will be limited to the unaffordable halo editions.
Craig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 02:59 PM   #80
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Mustang Mach E Competition Edition

So Ford will introduce a Mach E Competition Edition with 480 hp (where have I seen that number before?) and a 3.5s 0-60.

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/...packing-480-hp
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Old 12-01-2020, 03:48 PM   #81
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
I can't get over a Mustang being a CUV even if I like the styling here in this case.

Although, GM wasn't shy about all the Camaro cues on the Blazer. They just didn't call it a Camaro. They decided to sully a different iconic nameplate instead.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 04:30 PM   #82
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

What is in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet.

Old 12-01-2020, 07:37 PM   #83
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Lol
Old 12-02-2020, 11:06 AM   #84
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
What is in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote