Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-02-2021, 02:47 PM   #29
Jaxx11

Drives: Ducati Monster
I'm completely crestfallen that it didn't work for you.

I'm planning on shoving my 5'7" wife up to the dash and my 7 year old son in the backseat in the ZL1 and they will just have to deal with it.
Jaxx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 03:24 PM   #30
Staves

Drives: women crazy
Camaro is good for a front seat passenger and a maybe a small dog in the back. Otherwise, it will be a PITA.
Old 02-02-2021, 03:32 PM   #31
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
I think I’m with Jaxx on this...

When I was a kid, my dad had 74 Firebird. My mother sat in front and my two brothers, including me, were in the back. My younger brother would sit in the middle, on a small pad over the hard driveshaft hump. No one complained about it then and no one mentions it now. So, we weren’t scarred by the experience. To the contrary, I loved that car.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 05:45 PM   #32
SteveV

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro 6M Red Hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
... so I don't need it to stuff groceries and kids into.
I beg to differ! I can stuff all sorts of groceries in mine...
Old 02-02-2021, 05:49 PM   #33
SteveV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staves View Post
Camaro is good for a front seat passenger and a maybe a small dog in the back. Otherwise, it will be a PITA.
Small dog? I fit my 120 pound German Shepperd in mine sometimes.

Still trying to vacuum out all of the hair...
Attached Images

Old 02-02-2021, 05:52 PM   #34
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Yeah SteveV, I could only imagine how difficult it would be to get all his hair off the alcantara seats!
Old 02-02-2021, 06:12 PM   #35
SteveV

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
Yeah SteveV, I could only imagine how difficult it would be to get all his hair off the alcantara seats!
Dude, it is a serious chore. But whatever. I love my Shepperd and if he wants to come with me... well, HE is the real reason I bought the ZL1 instead of a C7 with a 7 speed.
Old 02-02-2021, 06:19 PM   #36
Ademarco

Drives: 18 Ford Raptor, 21 2SS 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonDaddy82 View Post
My old man made me and my sister fit in one seat in his Corvette to take us to school when we where young, no one gave a shit. He always had performance cars since he made the money and bought what HE wanted. I grew up with multiple F-bodies, Vette's, etc. Clearly we survived and it wasn't a problem.
My man! I recall being picked up by my friend in an RX-7 and getting back near the storage compartments when I was younger. It beats walking. Also recall being stuffed in the back seats of a Dodge Daytona and it was a rough drive from OH to MS. You only live once and who knows when the pin is getting pulled. Enjoy it while it lasts!
Ademarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 12:14 AM   #37
dbs1

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Have u checked out the post on the caddy with 668hp?

Trippin n rippin with the fam in that beast!
dbs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 07:53 AM   #38
Z28COP

Drives: 2021 Crush ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reznap View Post
I just went for it and brought it home. My kids around the same age cried the first time I stuffed then in the back and the look on my wife's face as if I failed the family was priceless.

After the first drive... and now (3 months later) the kids beg Mom to take ‘daddy’s race car’. I just force them to wear sox only so they can stick feet wherever they want. It’s not practical or efficient but me and my little boys are having the time of our lives.
This made my day! lol. I remember when my wife said, if you think a family of 5 needs a 4 seater car, then that’s on you. My 3 kids now (18-24) are all about their cars. Thank you!
1-27-21 3400 TPW 2-8-21
2-04-21 3800 Built
2-26-21. 4300
3-08-21 Delivered
Z28COP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 08:05 AM   #39
SJFGTO
Oh Oh it's Friday Night!

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE Nightfall Gray
FWIW, not sure of the point of this thread. It’s a Camaro. They have never been known for even marginally usable back seats for families or kids. Getting “crestfallen” because kids won’t fit comfortably in the back seat of a performance model Camaro? I don’t understand that level of frustration.
2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE NFG; ARH 2” headers, catless mids, ARH full exhaust, Lingenfelter 18% lower pulley, ATI Harmonic Balancer, Roto-fab CAI, EE-catch can, TM ported TB, NX Lid, BMR strut tower brace. Aeroforce dual pod interceptor gauges. Tuned by Vengeance Racing!!! 644 HP @ 6250 rpm / 689 trq @ 3660 rpm

Four that wanna own me
Two that wanna stone me
One says she's a friend of mine...
SJFGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 09:29 AM   #40
Joe603

Drives: 2016 Dodge Charger SCAT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJFGTO View Post
FWIW, not sure of the point of this thread. It’s a Camaro. They have never been known for even marginally usable back seats for families or kids. Getting “crestfallen” because kids won’t fit comfortably in the back seat of a performance model Camaro? I don’t understand that level of frustration.
The point of the thread was simply to vent my frustration about the design on the modern camaro and look for support/understanding of current owners. From the visibility issues to the trunk design and finally the cramped passenger space, it just pisses me off that I have to look at Ford or Dodge. I've always considered myself a Chevy guy and really wanted the Camaro to work.

I could just get one and deal with it. But I've been married for 26 years now and have to consider my family. If I didn't have a family, I'd get a vette hands down. The Camaro is supposed to be a vette with a backseat. So why make it essentially a 2-seater?
Joe603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 10:51 AM   #41
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe603 View Post
The point of the thread was simply to vent my frustration about the design on the modern camaro and look for support/understanding of current owners. From the visibility issues to the trunk design and finally the cramped passenger space, it just pisses me off that I have to look at Ford or Dodge. I've always considered myself a Chevy guy and really wanted the Camaro to work.

I could just get one and deal with it. But I've been married for 26 years now and have to consider my family. If I didn't have a family, I'd get a vette hands down. The Camaro is supposed to be a vette with a backseat. So why make it essentially a 2-seater?
I told my tail of my test drive for my SS with my family.

My wife was fully supportive of me getting the Camaro over a Dodge. Said they are ugly, not sporty at all, & we already have a family vehicle plus my oldest has his own car.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 11:14 AM   #42
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe603 View Post
With Covid, it's been hard to get the family out all-together for a drive, but that is what we did last Saturday. My wife has a 14 durango R/T that needs to be replaced, so we looked at the Infiniti QX80 and loved it. Need to decide on that or the Nissan Armada. Anyway, that's another forum. We also looked at a 21 Camaro SS.

To say I was disappointed is an understatement. This car is WAY smaller than I remember (I looked at the 2012 models and went with an SRT Challenger because I couldn't see out of the damn car). I was ready to deal with that reality, but what I didn't expect was the incredibly small amount of room inside for passengers. I have 12 and 7 year old girls and my wife is 5'4. Her damn knees were hitting the dash with the seat forward about 2 inches for the 12 year old. My 7 year old didn't want to even put her feet down and crossed her legs. My 12 yo is more of a car girl than the rest and said she was comfy, but the other 2 were not as nice and let me have their displeasure with my possible car choice. When a car makes a 7 yo cry, gotta look elsewhere. I was reminded why I went with the Challenger 9 years ago.

So, I'm out. Really wanted the ZL1. I love the look of the car, but it's just too impractical for a 2nd vehicle. Maybe if it's around in 10 years...after kids are gone. If the SUV goes in for service, I don't think the family would be comfortable, even for a 30min ride.

Not all was bad with the trip. The dealership had a 3LT C8 that they let us look at. (literally in the shop as it just arrived). My first impression was that it looked like a lambo...so awesome! You guys should check them out!

Anyway, I thought I would share as I've been lurking in this forum for a while now, with the expectation that I would replace my SCAT pack Charger for the ZL1. Good luck guys!

We have a 2021 ZL1 and a 2020 Z51 C8 2LT, you're right, the C8 is amazing.
Z OH 6 is offline   Reply With Quote