Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 06-21-2011, 03:36 PM   #1
smjhays

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LT Silver Ice Metallic
Question 2012 Ordering Help

Hello,

I am a n00b, just registered today (but have been lurking for 3 months) and this is my first post!!

I went to the dealership today and placed my order!! Well, they said that they would place the order this Thurs (and next Thurs I would have an Order #).

Question I have is regarding the Connectivity & Conveinence Package (SRJ): do I really need this?? I want Bluetooth, Remote Start, & Steering Wheel Radio Controls, which seem to come with other packages for 2012. I could care less about leather wrapped crap & PDIM, so should I just remove this package from my order (trying to do this on the cheap, the only way the wife is letting me get away with it)??

Advice??
smjhays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 10:53 AM   #2
smjhays

Bump. A lot of views, but no replies :-(
Old 06-22-2011, 12:26 PM   #3
steelmart

Drives: Camaro,TA,Syclone,IROC
Welcome, I'm no expert but I am pretty sure you have to get the convenience/connectivity to have bluetooth,audio control steering wheel.
steelmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 12:44 PM   #4
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by smjhays View Post
Hello,

I am a n00b, just registered today (but have been lurking for 3 months) and this is my first post!!

I went to the dealership today and placed my order!! Well, they said that they would place the order this Thurs (and next Thurs I would have an Order #).

Question I have is regarding the Connectivity & Conveinence Package (SRJ): do I really need this?? I want Bluetooth, Remote Start, & Steering Wheel Radio Controls, which seem to come with other packages for 2012. I could care less about leather wrapped crap & PDIM, so should I just remove this package from my order (trying to do this on the cheap, the only way the wife is letting me get away with it)??

Advice??
If you want Bluetooth, Remote Start (Auto), and Steering Wheel Radio Controls on the 1LT then you need the Connectivity & Conveinence Package (SRJ).
Old 06-22-2011, 07:11 PM   #5
smjhays

Thanks a bunch, will leave it on my order!!
Old 06-27-2011, 12:09 PM   #6
wise

Drives: 1SS/1LE
Bluetooth and steering wheel controls are to be standard on all 2012 models.

Source:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
More 2012 Camaro Updates
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Models and Packages

–2LS Coupe (1EN37) EPA 30 MPG Hwy model with 6-speed automatic transmission (1LS offered only in manual trans)

–45th Anniversary Package (RPO H45) available on 2LT and 2SS coupe & convertible models; includes unique trim bezel finishes, interior and exterior badging as well as:
•Carbon Flash Metallic exterior color (RPO GAR)
•Brilliant Red/Medium Charcoal 45th Stripe Package (RPO CBM)
•20" x 8" front and 20" x 9" rear Deep Silver painted aluminum wheels (RPO R41)
•Black front seats with leather seating surfaces and 45th Anniversary embroidered logo, unique stitching on seats, headrests, steering wheel, shifter, console and door armrest (RPO AFP or AFQ depending on model)
•High intensity discharge headlamps with Halo Ring (T4F)
•Body-color roof ditch molding on Coupe (RPO BD8) and Black Top (19T) on Convertible

–Rear Vision Package (RPO SRU) available on 1LT and 1SS, standard on 2LT and 2SS, rear park assist no longer in RPO SRJ, and includes:
•Rear Parking Assist (RPO UD7)
•Rearview camera system (RPO UVC)
•Inside rearview auto-dimming mirror with rearview camera display (RPO DRG)

Powertrain and Suspension

–New 3.6L V6 engine (RPO LFX) with increased horsepower (323 HP) and maintains current fuel economy ratings (29 – 30 MPG HWY)

–Performance Suspension (RPO FE4) on SS Coupe models

Interior

–New instrument panel design including new steering wheel and instrument cluster graphics

–Door lock switches also located on doors

–1 year no charge service of Sirius/XM Satelite Radio on 2LT and 2SS models

–6-way power seat adjuster for front passenger seat (RPO AKQ) standard on LT and SS models

–Bluetooth and redundant steering wheel controls standard on all models
Exterior

–Crystal Red Tintcoat exterior color (RPO GBE) (extra cost), Red jewel tint coat canceled

–Rear spoiler (RPO D80 on Coupe, T43 on Convertible) now standard on all models

–Shark fin antenna on Coupe models is now body-color with the (WRS) RS Package

–RS tail lamps standard on all models