Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 05-21-2020, 05:17 PM   #85
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS Capt View Post
I agree! I actually run an Aviation Forum and Coronavirus is all over it right now (of course the Aviation Industry is being completely decimated by the economic fallout of this virus, which makes it more understandable), I am very happy to visit here and mainly see people chatting about Camaro stuff!!! It is my escape from the craziness!!!

Loving my 2020 2SS!!!

I like the classic coke bottle silluette of the Camaro. I wish the Corvette maintained that. The Corvette looks nice but definitely has some razor sharp angles I suspect due to aerodynamic design for slicing and dicing atmosphere.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 06:55 AM   #86
Joegovette

Drives: 2018 Camaro Vert Redline Edition
I currently own a 18 SS Red line edition Camaro vert and a 15 Z51 C7 vert. I have had the Camaro for 2 years and the Vette for 6 years in October. I have 7400 miles on the Camaro and 32k on the Vette. I switch them as daily drivers so neither really get a whole lot of miles. The Camaro handles well when compared to other muscle cars (Challenger or Mustang). The Corvette handles better. The Camaro exhaust sounds better to me since I like the bit of gurgling it does. The Camaro was supposed to be my family car. It will fit my kids, but they are outgrowing it now. The Camaro feels pretty close to the Vette power wise since same engine. The Vette just grabs better off the line. I think the rear ends are different. The seats in the Vette just plain suck. The Recaro's in the Camaro are great. I really enjoy both cars, but the Camaro will be getting sold within a year or so to make room for a new C8 vert. I ordered the Vette to my specs and picked it up at the museum with my dad and buddy so it has sentimental value. Both cars are great choices. It just depends on if you need a back seat.
I currently own a 18 SS Red line edition Camaro vert and a 15 Z51 C7 vert. I have had the Camaro for 2 years and the Vette for 6 years in October. I have 7400 miles on the Camaro and 32k on the Vette. I switch them as daily drivers so neither really get a whole lot of miles. The Camaro handles well when compared to other muscle cars (Challenger or Mustang). The Corvette handles better. The Camaro exhaust sounds better to me since I like the bit of gurgling it does. The Camaro was supposed to be my family car. It will fit my kids, but they are outgrowing it now. The Camaro feels pretty close to the Vette power wise since same engine. The Vette just grabs better off the line. I think the rear ends are different. The seats in the Vette just plain suck. The Recaro's in the Camaro are great. I really enjoy both cars, but the Camaro will be getting sold within a year or so to make room for a new C8 vert. I ordered the Vette to my specs and picked it up at the museum with my dad and buddy so it has sentimental value. Both cars are great choices. It just depends on if you need a back seat.
Joegovette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 07:06 AM   #87
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joegovette View Post
It just depends on if you need a back seat.
Nailed it!
Old 05-23-2020, 06:58 AM   #88
AndyDove21

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS Rally Green
I was absolutely going to get a C7 Grand Sport, right up until I put down the deposit on a 2020 2SS Vert. I’m coming from a C5.

What put me off was:
1. I would only want the C7 Grand Sport as I think the base Stingray is too base. Grand Sport looks amazing, with wide arches and big rims. Problem is, those big rims are made from chocolate, and I’ve seen more than one bent rim due to Detroit’s third world roads. At $5k a set of rims, it’s just too fragile for, you know, driving.
2. My wife and I have one child. When we go to friends BBQ’s we always have to take the geriatric SUV because the Vette really has no option for even occasional rear seat use.
3. Price. The Vette is 25% more than the Camaro at most points in the range, which meant settling for a used Corvette. Don’t really have a problem with that, but new would be nice.

And that’s it. I’ll probably go back to Corvette after enjoying the Camaro for some years, especially if Gen6 is the last of the V8 manual transmission. Mind you, C8 has dropped manual as well so ‘fun driving’ is getting limited.

So trying Camaro for a change.
AndyDove21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 06:48 PM   #89
MrRuss

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Always been an American Muscle car guy. Years ago finally got a 'vette, 2001 yellow garage queen. Modded it up and DD it for a few years, LOVED it. Decided to sell it and my aging Silverado to get the wifey a well deserved new SUV. Drove her sedan for less than a year before trading it for a '16 2SS. That car is now also modded and also now my DD, LOVE it too. (and it will smoke my C5)

Corvettes are just special and I would own another in a heartbeat. Camaro's (in V8 form IMHO) are more pure muscle car.

I, as some have stated, needed the back seat since my wife and I are guardians for our youngest son who is disabled. It was fine with the 'vette as I also had my ext. cab truck. Now only have/want 2 cars.
Attached Images

Tim "the tool man" Taylor is my hero

My Garage:
'16 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS, Summit White, Adrenaline Red
-- Rotofab CAI, Soler TB, 1 7/8 coated LT's, Full 3" mids, 3" Stainless Works NPP mufflers, Flex Fuel, E85/91 tuned
'20 Honda Oddysey Elite 25th Anniversary Edition
--wifes car, she said "No more SUV's" after the 2 CX-9's totaled
MrRuss is offline   Reply With Quote