Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 02-05-2018, 06:05 AM   #1
EagleRS

Drives: Nightfall Grey 2.0L Turbo
Learned something interesting...

Good Monday morning my Gen6 2.0L people...

So, I was watching crazy car videos and stumbled onto a video that had some kat who owns a 2.0L Camaro who had a cracked piston.

He apparently had some serious engine issues and cracked a piston, crazy and I can't believe it but I guess it does happen. Go find the video and see if it make sense to you.

As I was watching it, I noticed that his mechanic was revving the engine, the pipe that leads into the intake tube that I believe is rubber, literally collapses like a damn balloon or something. It literally would crush itself until the accelerator was released.
How do we prevent that from happening to our vehicles? Just a simple pipe upgrade?

I'm curious and a little worried now, since I don't exactly think about shit breaking on the car until someone else sheds light on it. Like most of us here, I’m out either driving to work, or enjoying a spirited drive on the weekends.

Thanks guys,

EagleRS
EagleRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 06:38 AM   #2
soldes

Drives: car
I'm like you, car is a daily driver and tend not to worry about possible issues mentioned on the forum. (I've had the minor glitches like the ac controls not showing sometimes when you remote start, the shifter lights not working etc).
I do believe his car was far from stock, see this thread http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=518854
Nick
soldes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 07:31 AM   #3
EagleRS

Drives: Nightfall Grey 2.0L Turbo
I appreciate your insight on this man. Yeah, this dude has done some stupid shit to his car. Not hating on tuning, don't get me wrong but can tune and you do it yourself is kinda shady. To each their own and by no means am I hating on anyone's methods but I would just be a little more careful if I ever tune mine.
EagleRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 10:45 AM   #4
6th_gen_gino

Drives: 2016 camaro 2.0t gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleRS View Post
I appreciate your insight on this man. Yeah, this dude has done some stupid shit to his car. Not hating on tuning, don't get me wrong but can tune and you do it yourself is kinda shady. To each their own and by no means am I hating on anyone's methods but I would just be a little more careful if I ever tune mine.
Ageed, a tune can make or break any engine, spend the extra money to get a good tune if u ever go down that route
6th_gen_gino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 04:22 PM   #5
ChicagoTommy

Drives: 2017 Camaro; 2017 Acadia Denali
Blown pistons aren't common. They've been happening for years to the LTG. It's been discussed before, and is related to piston ring end gap.
to invalidate anyone's personal views or thoughts, nor is it a condemnation of anyone's
race, religion, sex, sexual preferences, handicaps, or intellectual abilities.
ChicagoTommy is offline   Reply With Quote