Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 01-17-2023, 04:08 PM   #71
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1ornothing View Post
So the speed limiter that is easily defeated with a tune is a deal breaker on the LT1...
Did you know that the LT1 has a lower drag coefficient than the SS, thereby allowing a higher top speed?
Throw a set of race tires on the stock narrow LT1 wheels and I bet it will run a quicker lap time than a 1SS or 2SS. The only reason the SS handles better than the LT1 is that the SS comes with summer tires and slightly wider rear tires. Put SS wheels and tires on the LT1 and the LT1 will handle just like the SS.
Did you know if you do that you will void your warranty?

I'm not putting down your car. I think the LT1 is a great car, a great deal and I would prefer it over a Mustang GT. It's been my opinion since the LT1 came out that GM should have sprung for higher speed rated tires so they could avoid the limiter issue. Just my opinion.

I like a warranty, and I like the higher top speed. Personal preference. I also like to get the best possible handling, which is why I chose none of the above and went with the 1LE.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2023, 04:55 PM   #72
LT1ornothing

Drives: 2020 LT1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
Did you know if you do that you will void your warranty?

I'm not putting down your car. I think the LT1 is a great car, a great deal and I would prefer it over a Mustang GT. It's been my opinion since the LT1 came out that GM should have sprung for higher speed rated tires so they could avoid the limiter issue. Just my opinion.

I like a warranty, and I like the higher top speed. Personal preference. I also like to get the best possible handling, which is why I chose none of the above and went with the 1LE.
Well, when your LT1 is closing in on 5 years old, warranty does not really matter anymore. The 1LE is definitely the better handling car, but you are living a fantasy if you think a 1LE is going to top out at a higher speed than a LT1 with the speed limiter disabled. The 1LE has a MUCH higher drag coefficient AND creates a ton more downforce than a LT1. On a top speed run, a LT1 with the speed limiter disabled will easily top out 10+ mph higher than a 1LE.
Old 01-17-2023, 05:40 PM   #73
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Quote:
Well, when your LT1 is closing in on 5 years old, warranty does not really matter anymore. The 1LE is definitely the better handling car, but you are living a fantasy if you think a 1LE is going to top out at a higher speed than a LT1 with the speed limiter disabled. The 1LE has a MUCH higher drag coefficient AND creates a ton more downforce than a LT1. On a top speed run, a LT1 with the speed limiter disabled will easily top out 10+ mph higher than a 1LE.
I never said anything about what a tuned LT1 would do vs a 1LE.

I have exactly zero interest in buying any sports car and tuning it. There’s certainly nothing wrong with doing that, just not my thing. Given my desire for the fastest, best handling stock Camaro I could get I bought the right car, for me.

That’s why I said ‘for me’ the speed limiter would be a deal breaker. The tires and rims wouldn’t be because I can easily replace those without a tune. The lack of a eDiff would also be a dealbreaker for me.

You seem to want to make this into a ‘my car is better than your car.’ Feel free to do so. I have no desire to own or drive an LT1, stock or tuned. Feel free to believe whatever you choose. I chose the best car for what I want, and I’m quite confident I chose wisely.

I would think you could be happy with your car without all the ‘I can do this or that to my car and it will beat yours.’
Old 01-17-2023, 05:42 PM   #74
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junction65 View Post
Congrats, car looks great. That overhead shot with the top down looks awesome.

Based on where that "Limited Edition 51 of 51" decal is located, you may want to purchase a set of these (GM part #13574802) :
It’s definitely a very nice looking car, one I’m sure the OP will really enjoy.
Old 01-17-2023, 06:39 PM   #75
iupui1299

Drives: 2022 Camaro SS Convertible Indy 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junction65 View Post
Congrats, car looks great. That overhead shot with the top down looks awesome.

Based on where that "Limited Edition 51 of 51" decal is located, you may want to purchase a set of these (GM part #13574802) :
Thanks for the suggestion!!
iupui1299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2023, 08:58 PM   #76
LT1ornothing

Quote:
I never said anything about what a tuned LT1 would do vs a 1LE.

I have exactly zero interest in buying any sports car and tuning it. There’s certainly nothing wrong with doing that, just not my thing. Given my desire for the fastest, best handling stock Camaro I could get I bought the right car, for me.

That’s why I said ‘for me’ the speed limiter would be a deal breaker. The tires and rims wouldn’t be because I can easily replace those without a tune. The lack of a eDiff would also be a dealbreaker for me.

You seem to want to make this into a ‘my car is better than your car.’ Feel free to do so. I have no desire to own or drive an LT1, stock or tuned. Feel free to believe whatever you choose. I chose the best car for what I want, and I’m quite confident I chose wisely.

I would think you could be happy with your car without all the ‘I can do this or that to my car and it will beat yours.’
You are highly mistaken, I have no desire to start a "my trim is better than yours" discussion. I simply hilighted that your "top speed" rational was off-base, as was your better handling SS remark, irregardless to your preference of desiring a "currently under warranty" GM product. Warranties expire, and your temporary warranty approved top speed is irrelevant.
Old 01-18-2023, 05:42 AM   #77
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Quote:
You are highly mistaken, I have no desire to start a "my trim is better than yours" discussion. I simply hilighted that your "top speed" rational was off-base, as was your better handling SS remark, irregardless to your preference of desiring a "currently under warranty" GM product. Warranties expire, and your temporary warranty approved top speed is irrelevant.
Thanks for sharing your opinion on why my criteria for choosing the car I prefer were wrong and irrelevant. I will give your post and your opinions all the consideration they are due.
Old 01-18-2023, 06:45 AM   #78
Gen6cyl

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2021 ,rs, v6, manual
Gen6cyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 06:57 AM   #79
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6cyl View Post
Old 01-18-2023, 07:07 AM   #80
LT1ornothing

Quote:
Thanks for sharing your opinion on why my criteria for choosing the car I prefer were wrong and irrelevant. I will give your post and your opinions all the consideration they are due.
Anytime Kydd, glad to see you extrapolated whatever interpretation of my explanation that conveniently suits your narrative.
Old 01-18-2023, 07:32 AM   #81
Gen6cyl

you guys are great, please continue.
Old 01-18-2023, 08:20 AM   #82
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6cyl View Post
you guys are great, please continue.
Nope, enough thread hijacking. The OP got a fine ride, it's a win.
Old 01-18-2023, 08:28 AM   #83
Gen6cyl

Thumbs up

You're right
Old 01-18-2023, 10:39 AM   #84
Kman6thgen

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2ss garnet red tintcoat
I would go 2ss all day long.......
Kman6thgen is offline   Reply With Quote