The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Ask the Camaro Team

View Poll Results: October 2017 - Poll 1 || Which Question should we ask Al?
What were the ZL1 1LE adjustments and settings for the Nürburgring Nordschleife hero lap? 30 18.18%
How does Camaro SS/V8 No Lift Shift feature work, exactly? (Multi-part question) 79 47.88%
What were the final 2017 Production Statistics? (eg. breakdown of options, trims, colors, etc) 56 33.94%
Voters: 165. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-14-2017, 09:02 PM   #29
PinHead
Banned

Drives: Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by h422694 View Post
Would they even attempt runs with all these?
Because its such a huge "Turn-Key" Performer.

This is also an opportunity to get an insight on CURRENT Tweeks right from the experts, (as they have the proprietary knowledge).

These Tweeks will help EVERY performance owner regardless of model.
PinHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 10:04 AM   #30
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Definitely interested in the ZL1 1LE settings . . . especially in how much they differ from production stock. Reasoning behind any of them (or why they weren't set either more or less aggressively) would be a big plus.

Explanation of the no-lift shift would be my #2 choice.

Norm
Old 10-15-2017, 11:32 AM   #31

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
I voted for the settings....Not sure why this even needs a vote.

I thought the owners would be supplied with all the settings used for every track the ZL1 1LE has been tested on, including the 'Ring and all others?...."Milford" and the three seconds less thing, for example...

The settings were to be supplied and made known as part of the "Owner's Manual" or something like that...now we have to beg?

Found this...similar, at least...http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...+times&page=32

Last edited by 90503; 10-15-2017 at 01:19 PM.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 02:16 PM   #32
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post

I thought the owners would be supplied with all the settings used for every track the ZL1 1LE has been tested on, including the 'Ring and all others?...."Milford" and the three seconds less thing, for example...

The settings were to be supplied and made known as part of the "Owner's Manual" or something like that...now we have to beg?

Found this...similar, at least...http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...+times&page=32
If you click the post # in the top right corner, you can get a perma-link to an individual post.

Linking back to a page doesn't work if people have changed their page display settings. For example, that thread only goes up to page 13 for me.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 03:05 PM   #33

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=435

Is this what you meant?...Thanks...

Post #435 of this thread..:http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=485497
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 03:32 PM   #34
HYPER1LE

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE HBM
I have been already using NLS, and everything works fine for me. Just to be clear, I only NLS with 100% acceleration at or very near redline with every intent to shift into the next higher gear at 100% to continue 100% acceleration until at least establishing the next higher gear. Otherwise, I do not attempt to use the feature during normal acceleration or RPM's lower than at/near redline. So, my vote would be "yes" to have the Camaro team answer this question to hopefully put this confusion to rest. I'd even suggest they do a quick YouTube video discussing the feature, the models/trims it works on, and actual demonstration.
HYPER1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 03:55 PM   #35
Infern0
Bring It

Drives: In Between
Has the M6 launch issue already been asked/discussed? Seems to me, for more beneficial than production statistics.

What about sway bar end link issues? What's with the front spring replacement? How do our current rear ends compare to the 5th gens as far as HP strength?

I'm just trying to think practically.

2017 Camaro ZL1 M6 - Everything but the sunroof - Sold

2010 Camaro SS - 650RWHP Daily Driver - Traded
Infern0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 04:10 PM   #36
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Yup. Even if other posts in that thread get deleted (for some reason) and its no longer #435 in that thread, it will forever be post 9,677,348 in the v-bulletin archives for our site and that link should still work.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 04:31 PM   #37
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infern0 View Post
Has the M6 launch issue already been asked/discussed? Seems to me, for more beneficial than production statistics.

What about sway bar end link issues? What's with the front spring replacement? How do our current rear ends compare to the 5th gens as far as HP strength?

I'm just trying to think practically.
Those are good questions. Create a thread with them and maybe they will be selected for the 2nd question that gets asked.

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 04:40 PM   #38
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by HYPER1LE View Post
I have been already using NLS, and everything works fine for me. Just to be clear, I only NLS with 100% acceleration at or very near redline with every intent to shift into the next higher gear at 100% to continue 100% acceleration until at least establishing the next higher gear. Otherwise, I do not attempt to use the feature during normal acceleration or RPM's lower than at/near redline. So, my vote would be "yes" to have the Camaro team answer this question to hopefully put this confusion to rest. I'd even suggest they do a quick YouTube video discussing the feature, the models/trims it works on, and actual demonstration.
Great suggestion. I'd love to see them pull together a video.

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 06:24 AM   #39
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
My vote is in.
Old 10-17-2017, 07:19 AM   #40
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:

The owners manual includes detailed instructions for adjustment. It also includes recommendations for different types of performance driving. But they did not break down settings by track. I think I misunderstood that explanation, originally.

Not begging anything.
Old 10-17-2017, 10:11 AM   #41
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
Sounds like some ZL1 1LE owners thinks GM owes them some sort of Factory Race Support? Hahahaha

Maybe they can supply a 1-800 number you can call and they will send out a support truck to tune your car every track weekend. New tires included .

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 08:41 PM   #42
PinHead
Banned

Drives: Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetres View Post
Is anyone planning on running the ring anytime soon in their Camaro? No? Because the settings used for the record lap will be specific to that unique track as well as driver.
Yes but those secrets are worth more than money.

If anyone should get it is the people who have tracked a car like yourself.
PinHead is offline   Reply With Quote