The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 07-08-2014, 05:27 PM   #15
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by efarley View Post
Odd thing is that one of the dealers I've been talking with called me on Sunday to tell me they could start placing 2015 orders, but when I asked about pricing on the data recorder he didn't have it. How can they place the order when they don't even have the pricing yet.
I do not believe there is a single year in the past 100 years that orders were placed before the start or production and pricing was known.

It is a part of the business: initial allocations are used while a month or two goes by before pricing is determined. If a dealer passes pending pricing it won't be long until that dealer will not have anything to sell and every dealer around him will.

It is a part of the business. Remember, very few delivered vehicles are individually ordered which means almost every vehicle sold to a retail customer is not customer ordered. My guess: about 1%.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 05:37 PM   #16
efarley

Drives: 2009 Audi S5
Interesting, I thought we were all custom ordering here XD.

On an unrelated note, how do you lock the car without the fob? Looking at the order sheet it mentions you can start and unlock the car without taking the fob out of pocket, but nothing about locking the car. On my Audi there is a button on the door handle that I tap as I get out of the car. I hope they didn't make it so you have to use the fob to lock the car.
efarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 05:44 PM   #17
Hulkamaniac
Livin' the Dream

Drives: '23 Charger GT, '23 Stingray
Yes, the navigation is worth the $795. It does everything my Garmin did and more. Plus my navigation shows an arctic white C7 instead of an arrow.

Do other colors of C7's have their color on the navigation unit vehicle?

Anyway, nothing is more pathetic than a Vette with a GPS unit stuck to the dash or windshield.

My C7 locks itself as soon as I'm 10 feet away from it. Plus I have it set-up to honk the horn once verifying it locked itself. It's under vehicle settings in the radio.

Last edited by Hulkamaniac; 07-08-2014 at 11:15 PM.
Hulkamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 05:49 PM   #18
efarley

I never understood why my Audi couldn't lock when the key wasn't in range. Kudos to Chevy for doing what Audi couldn't lol
Old 07-08-2014, 07:15 PM   #19
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleRac3r View Post
The impression I got from Harlan Charles at the Museum Bash in April was that nav would still be available by itself, but that if you wanted the data recorder you had to get the nav with it. They share the same GPS antenna. I suppose we'll know for sure as soon as the pricing comes out.
I agree, at the Sebring Race I spoke to Harlan also about this and got the impression that Nav. was available w/o PDR but PDR could not be ordered w/o Nav. I usually would not buy in-dash Nav. but once I saw it showed directions on the dash and HUD, it made it a great deal for me.
Old 07-09-2014, 12:30 AM   #20
Rohey

Drives: 2014 C7 in Cyber Gray
I did not have Nav on my C6 but ordered it on the C7. I really liked it once I got the voice commands down. Especially like the re-time traffic but this is most likely linked to XM or onstar? The touch screen allows for quick toggling between displays. I also have the heads up display with gives you clear turn by turn directions without having to glance at the screen
Rohey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 09:20 AM   #21
BRCC
BRCC Webmaster

Drives: 2017 GS 3LT Sterling Blue/Gray Int
Quote:
Originally Posted by efarley View Post
I want it, but I don't want it for $1,200.
Consider this, the C6 had a Denso Nav unit that no one liked and it was a $1,750 option, so the C7 Nav with PDR at $1,800 ~ $2,000 is not a bad deal.
BRCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 09:28 AM   #22
BRCC
BRCC Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
I agree, at the Sebring Race I spoke to Harlan also about this and got the impression that Nav. was available w/o PDR but PDR could not be ordered w/o Nav. I usually would not buy in-dash Nav. but once I saw it showed directions on the dash and HUD, it made it a great deal for me.
Well according to the 15 order guide:

Performance data and video recorder
1 - Included and only available with (IO6) Chevrolet MyLink audio system with Navigation

So PDR is not a option with Nav, it's always included.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:54 AM   #23
Milliwatt Rob

Drives: 1996 Olds Aurora, 2009 VW Jetta TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRCC View Post
Well according to the 15 order guide:

Performance data and video recorder
1 - Included and only available with (IO6) Chevrolet MyLink audio system with Navigation

So PDR is not a option with Nav, it's always included.
Gee, I don't read it that way. the way I read it is that you have to order Nav to get the data recorder. If it were an inseparable bundle, why would there be both an IO6 and a UQT? To get the UQT is says it is only available with the IO6, but the IO6 does not say it is only available with the UQT.

Last edited by Milliwatt Rob; 07-09-2014 at 02:54 PM. Reason: typo
Milliwatt Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 10:58 AM   #24
Pete r welch

Drives: 2014 Stingray
Can but a great portable garmin for alot less.
Pete r welch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 01:42 PM   #25
regguy1

Drives: 2014 Corvette Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milliwatt Rob View Post
Gee, I don't read it that way. the way I read it is that you have to order Nav to get the data recorder. If it were an inseparable bundle, why would there be both an IO6 and a UQT? To get the UQT is says it is only available with the IO6, but the IO6 does not say it is only available with the QUT.
I read it the same way.
regguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 02:45 PM   #26
efarley

It's the "included ... with I06" part that makes it seem packaged. Honestly to me out reads like you can't get them separate, but I think that's a huge mistake on Chevys part that will cost them in the long run. Maybe they also suspect that and set it up so it'll be easy to split them up when they realize no one is getting nav on the car anymore.
Old 07-09-2014, 10:50 PM   #27
BRCC
BRCC Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milliwatt Rob View Post
Gee, I don't read it that way. the way I read it is that you have to order Nav to get the data recorder. If it were an inseparable bundle, why would there be both an IO6 and a UQT? To get the UQT is says it is only available with the IO6, but the IO6 does not say it is only available with the UQT.
Well you can read it that way if you want, at the Bash they indicated it would be included with Nav. However, none of us know for sure until pricing comes out, then if the Nav has 2 options that will tell us if IO6 and UQT are truely seperate items. I will be talking to the Inventory Manager who deals with Workbench to see if he knows.

Just looked at the order guide and UQT is standard with the 3LT, where as the I06 and UQT are available with the 1LT & 2LT, therefore, I see it will be included with all Nav orders and not seperated. It will always be with the 3LT, if you can seperate it on lesser order is yet to be determined, but I doubt it GM will get their $1800 ~ $2000 for Navigation.

Last edited by BRCC; 07-10-2014 at 12:06 AM.
Old 07-10-2014, 07:22 PM   #28
RidgebackKing

Drives: My wife crazy
I added it to my 2LT Z51 and love it. It's awesome having the directions show up on the dash and the HUD. And yes, it does show you the speed limit as well. You can even have it warn you if you go over. But if you turn that option on, you should trade your C7 in for a Honda