Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-29-2018, 09:58 PM   #29
Stealth7

Drives: Gen V Viper GTS
I just installed the ZL1 add-ons premium tow hook made by Featherlite. Not sure if anyone else noticed this, but the collar that regulates how far in the tow hook goes will only go about halfway down the thread on the hook in my car. If I screw the tow hook in farther then the actual hook part of the tow hook will hit your grill. Hashas anyone else know noticed this? There should still be plenty of tow hook buried in the receiver area but it could have been screwed in twice as far without the grill interference
Stealth7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 04:29 AM   #30
hashtag

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10/2018 GT350R #JR603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth7 View Post
I just installed the ZL1 add-ons premium tow hook made by Featherlite. Not sure if anyone else noticed this, but the collar that regulates how far in the tow hook goes will only go about halfway down the thread on the hook in my car. If I screw the tow hook in farther then the actual hook part of the tow hook will hit your grill. Hashas anyone else know noticed this? There should still be plenty of tow hook buried in the receiver area but it could have been screwed in twice as far without the grill interference

I heard that before. Anyone?
Old 07-30-2018, 06:02 AM   #31
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
Not the tow hook mount but modified ZL1 mount to fit ZL1 1LE aero:

No spacers, but requires 2 small holes carefully drilled into lower airdam to align with bracket mounted behind it. I used center punch/finder to align them and then use small step drill/unibit to make the holes.

Should be noted that standard ZL1 notch does NOT fit ZL1 1LE and actually requires retention notch to be moved towards the end of the rod a bit. I can measure if anyone is interested.

To answer why not install it... well, I prefer not to give local fluf any more excuses to pull me over.

Attached Images

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 09:44 AM   #32
Stealth7

Drives: Gen V Viper GTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hashtag View Post
I heard that before. Anyone?
I may have been unclear. The sliding collar will go anywhere on the tow hook shaft. The real issue is that while the shaft has 2" of thred you cannot screw the shaft all away in or else the The tow hook loop will hit your grill
Stealth7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 11:41 AM   #33
hashtag

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10/2018 GT350R #JR603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth7 View Post
I may have been unclear. The sliding collar will go anywhere on the tow hook shaft. The real issue is that while the shaft has 2" of thred you cannot screw the shaft all away in or else the The tow hook loop will hit your grill
I know. My cousin complained of the same thing. He also said something about he did not feel like it was secure. I ordered a titanium Tow Hook & FedEx lost it.