The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 09-13-2014, 04:09 PM   #1
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
C7 safety

I know this isn't the most talked about thing. I cant find much info on this either. How much safer is the C7 over the C6.

I know we drive sports car, but i guess it helps me sleep better to know its not completely unsafe car.
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 11:21 AM   #2
purpleRac3r

Drives: 1974 & 2014 Corvette Stingrays
I haven't seen any direct comparisons, but in general vehicle safety laws have changed quite a bit between the time the C6 was developed to the time the C7 was. Also, the technology for the systems has improved considerably. I would venture to say the C7 is a fair percentage safer, but by how much it's likely only the engineers know. I can say I have every confidence in the safety aspects of my Stingray, and I've made it a point to learn how the car reacts in different situations. I've even taken the Spring Mountain driving school to improve my skills. It's everyone else on the road and the junk heaps they drive that concerns me!
'74 Stingray coupe, heavily modified, as seen in August 2011 VETTE magazine, 2014 Stingray Z51 #196, ordered 02/11/13, built 08/29/13, Museum Delivery 10/04/13, driven daily!

purpleRac3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 05:41 PM   #3
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleRac3r View Post
I haven't seen any direct comparisons, but in general vehicle safety laws have changed quite a bit between the time the C6 was developed to the time the C7 was. Also, the technology for the systems has improved considerably. I would venture to say the C7 is a fair percentage safer, but by how much it's likely only the engineers know. I can say I have every confidence in the safety aspects of my Stingray, and I've made it a point to learn how the car reacts in different situations. I've even taken the Spring Mountain driving school to improve my skills. It's everyone else on the road and the junk heaps they drive that concerns me!
thanks for the info. I know there isnt much out.
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote