Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-27-2024, 08:43 PM   #29
acutron42

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS AGM
This throw away society we live in sucks. It is not just vehicles but everything.
2013 2SS GPI built & tuned 415, spec'd by Andrew Cammer. GPI ported intake/tb/heads, Tooley springs, CHE trunnions, Callies rotating assembly, Diamond pistons, GPI SS3 VVT, ATI 10% ud damper, Circle D 3800, Kooks ceramic coated lt's with green cats, Mishimoto rad & oil cooler, Derale trans cooler, Holley efi rails.
acutron42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 08:43 PM   #30
xstuntman

Drives: 2012 Victory Red LFX
Mine hit the 12 year mark today, the mileage is 16,526 and it still smells new inside. Only problems been the crappy designed third brake light.

Until somebody picks up where GM left off I would sure keep it garaged and not daily driven. Hell, I don't even let the wife drive it, drive it at night, etc. No plans to sell and fingers crossed it makes it another 12 years.
2018 SS wheels, red Heritage grille, actual driving lights, ZL1 strut tower brace, GM Performance billet aluminum fuel door, front grille Bowtie delete, painted red rotors and calipers, 1/4 window American Flags, splash guards, AEM dry panel air filter.
xstuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 10:20 PM   #31
chevy pilot

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess A View Post
Then you're going to have to turn over more rocks. Becomes infinitely harder as time goes by.
chevy pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2024, 12:11 AM   #32
Apharaoh06

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I enjoy my Camaro, and daily it. However, I do regret trading in my S197 for it. GM is terrible with parts. The aftermarket is so robust for the Mustang, and I am still seeing new OEM parts for the GT350 which was limited production. Mostly everything for the Gen 5 has to be used now. The Multimatics for both the ZL1 and Z28 are discontinued. Its a Total mess. My friend is looking to get his son a used car, a Mustang or a Camaro. I definitely told him to go with the Mustang. You can get a complete suspension for a Mustang from Kenny Brown, Griggs, Cortex, Steeda and even Maximum Motorsports to name a few.
Apharaoh06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2024, 08:26 AM   #33
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
I’ve not seen where getting aftermarket suspension parts is an issue for 5th gens? Hotchkis, BMR etc. all make great kits for these cars.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2024, 07:16 PM   #34
oldman14ss

Drives: 2014 1ss camaro
rock auto,classic industries, year one to name a few.
oldman14ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2024, 07:59 PM   #35
FasNuf

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
I didn't know that GM had a factory Magenta colored Camaro.
FasNuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 12:21 AM   #36
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by FasNuf View Post
Yes around 2014 there was deep magenta

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 10:50 AM   #37
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FasNuf View Post
Yes, one of our gals in the Camaro club had one, and I gotta say, it was a different color!! Not for me though.
Old 04-11-2024, 08:30 AM   #38
Apharaoh06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
I’ve not seen where getting aftermarket suspension parts is an issue for 5th gens? Hotchkis, BMR etc. all make great kits for these cars.
Those companies make matched suspensions for the mustang. Just go compare what Hotchkis makes for Mustang, and then compare what Steeda makes for the Mustang, and you will see the difference, and if you want to step up the level check out Kenny Brown.

One of the fun parts of a Camaro was the mod factor, not just keeping it running. My suspension quote was just an example of the market share. The 2015 zl1 is only 9 years old and you cannot get numerous parts for it, yet you can still get OEM new parts for a 2016 GT350 Mustang. Rear axles is just one example. And GT350s are more rare then the ZL1.

Z28 owners who drive regularly, once their DSSV struts are shot, there are no aftermarket replacement.
Old 04-11-2024, 08:36 AM   #39
Apharaoh06

c
Old 04-11-2024, 08:40 AM   #40
Aqua Blue RS/SS

If the mustang is for you, than crowd surf away! The 5th and 6th gens have a way better starting point suspension wise to begin with anyway. It doesn’t take a ton of stuff to get these cars to stick. There’s no shortage of heavily modified cars here, and mostly stock cars that are still being modified even now. I get what you are saying, but it certainly seems exaggerated to me. I wouldnt trade my Camaro for a mustang ever…. Mega downgrade to me, and most of us left here feel the same I’m sure. It does suck to see a lot of oe parts being dropped but definitely not panic worthy for me.
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
Old 04-12-2024, 08:41 AM   #41
Apharaoh06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
If the mustang is for you, than crowd surf away! The 5th and 6th gens have a way better starting point suspension wise to begin with anyway. It doesn’t take a ton of stuff to get these cars to stick. There’s no shortage of heavily modified cars here, and mostly stock cars that are still being modified even now. I get what you are saying, but it certainly seems exaggerated to me. I wouldnt trade my Camaro for a mustang ever…. Mega downgrade to me, and most of us left here feel the same I’m sure. It does suck to see a lot of oe parts being dropped but definitely not panic worthy for me.
The facts are the facts. Mustang has better aftermarket support. Plain and simple. Never said anything about the 6th gen. I can get a Corvette and step up in handling and performance over a 6th get Camaro. Oh, and lets not forget, guess what GM stopped making them also. So just a matter of fast time before parts disappear for these too.

Modding is easy. But variety and quality are two different things. A 1 inch drop on Hotchkis springs and shock of you choice, it still not up to a 1 inch drop on a matched MCI coilover.

The camaro looks much better than the mustang, the engine is muscle car bliss. But it still does not excuse GMs BS on stopping parts being made.

My main point is that some parts still should be made. Just tell me where there is any aftermarket replacement strut for a 2015 z28. There are not any.
Old 04-12-2024, 09:20 AM   #42
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apharaoh06 View Post

The camaro looks much better than the mustang, the engine is muscle car bliss. But it still does not excuse GMs BS on stopping parts being made.

My main point is that some parts still should be made. Just tell me where there is any aftermarket replacement strut for a 2015 z28. There are not any.
We can agree on this even though I’ve driven several late model mustangs of different flavors and would gladly push one off a cliff before owning it, GM has screwed us here. Never disagreed with that. As for the Z/28 I’d say it’s because they are such a niche market, there only a handful of them, sure the rest of the 5th Gen cars could run them but it’s still a pretty small portion of 5th Gen owners who would be ready to go that route, again just my guess. I’d love to see someone come up with a solution for the Dssv’s and the mag ride ZL1 struts as well.

Tags
discontinued, parts availability