The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Z06 Discussions

Old 12-07-2013, 02:37 PM   #29
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnyG View Post
I hope the supercharger is retrofit-able into the LT1. Another $90K car is probably not doable for me…unless MrsGunnyG wants a Z51 .
yup and that's IF a FI'd Z06 starts at 90K!

If it's easily over 100K then the wifey has to downgrade to a Chevy Cruise...
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 12:53 AM   #30
Nate GM
Rand Paul 2016

Drives: Corvette Stingray Z51 2LT
650HP seems very unlikely for the Z06. That would be more horsepower than the last ZR1. I can't even imagine what type of beast the C7 ZR1 would have to be
Old 12-10-2013, 12:00 AM   #31
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate GM View Post
650HP seems very unlikely for the Z06. That would be more horsepower than the last ZR1. I can't even imagine what type of beast the C7 ZR1 would have to be
Don't be quick to rule it out, Nate. Ain't nothing wrong with a 650'ish Z06! Just like the latest GT500, Ford did it and then some... so same principle for the next hi-po C7. I'd be delighted even if it had at least 600hp to start... it'll still be a beast. As for the next ZR1 (if GM decides to release one soon again) then I think they'll be shooting for the north star! Heck they already reached the heavens with this all-new C7... reaching the moon too with the forthcoming Z06. What a powerful lineup the Vette will be! Out of this world!
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 10:28 AM   #32
Gary B

Drives: Subaru
IF they are thinking about a 650hp or so Z06, and still have plans for a ZR1, then I think its safe to say they are shooting for the worlds best with the C7. A 750+hp ZR1 will certainly be going after EVERYTHING out there today, but will be much cheaper than all of them, even if its priced at 150k or more! Got to love the modern hp wars!!
Old 12-10-2013, 07:14 PM   #33
Nate GM
Rand Paul 2016

Drives: Corvette Stingray Z51 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
Don't be quick to rule it out, Nate. Ain't nothing wrong with a 650'ish Z06! Just like the latest GT500, Ford did it and then some... so same principle for the next hi-po C7. I'd be delighted even if it had at least 600hp to start... it'll still be a beast. As for the next ZR1 (if GM decides to release one soon again) then I think they'll be shooting for the north star! Heck they already reached the heavens with this all-new C7... reaching the moon too with the forthcoming Z06. What a powerful lineup the Vette will be! Out of this world!
I'd love it if GM came out with a true supercar, I don't care if it's called a Corvette or whatever. We need to show the world what America is capable of