Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-11-2017, 08:39 PM   #71
TedJS

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
There is a fix for this now... Tell dealer to reference service bulletin #17-NA-115.

It came out a week or so ago but they should know about it if their techs are keeping up to date on service procedures.
TedJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 06:41 AM   #72
whiskeyfed
Pat

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT I4 Turbo A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedJS View Post
There is a fix for this now... Tell dealer to reference service bulletin #17-NA-115.

It came out a week or so ago but they should know about it if their techs are keeping up to date on service procedures.
Beautiful, thank you Ted!

Subscribe on YouTube Whiskeyfed Camaro

Follow my Build Thread The WhiskeyFed Camaro

Current Modifications: JacFab Boost-O-Lator, Injen Evolution CAI, ZZP Catless Downpipe, RPM 3" Charge Pipe, Mishimoto Oil Filtration/Coolant Systems, R1 Concepts Brakes Package, Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs, PTP Lava Exhaust Wrap & Turbo Blanket

DYNO SHEET: 297whp / 374wtq
Tuned by #danytechtuning
whiskeyfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 06:41 AM   #73
NY Andrew

Drives: 2016 Camaro V6 2LT RS Fully Loaded
Wow thanks!! Is it a permanent fix or another temporary fix? Is it working for you? Notice anything? How long did it take?
My 2016 Camaro Bose Subwoofer Install
2016 Camaro V6 Stock to Borla Atak Exhaust Sound
2016 Camaro V6 Resonator & X-Pipe Replace with Midpipe & Borla Atak
NY Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 01:23 PM   #74
whiskeyfed
Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Andrew View Post
Wow thanks!! Is it a permanent fix or another temporary fix? Is it working for you? Notice anything? How long did it take?
+1

Current Modifications: JacFab Boost-O-Lator, Injen Evolution CAI, ZZP Catless Downpipe, RPM 3" Charge Pipe, Mishimoto Oil Filtration/Coolant Systems, R1 Concepts Brakes Package, Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs, PTP Lava Exhaust Wrap & Turbo Blanket

Tuned by #danytechtuning
Old 05-12-2017, 06:32 PM   #75
DFW1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE Mosiac Black
This just happened to me today with a little over 700 miles, hard pull to the right. Glad to hear there is a fix and wondering if there is anyway to get link to this service bulletin?
DFW1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 07:11 PM   #76
TedJS

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
It's a software update for the power steering control module. Probably would take about an hour or so to complete and relearn the steering angle sensor etc.

Depending on mileage they should verify proper alignment readings as well although depending on the technician - probably wouldn't want to do an alignment on the vehicle if it isn't an alignment problem. Most just will do a toe adjustment as the camber adjustment on the Camaro is a bit involved. Toe is not an angle that will cause a steering pull. You know... If isn't broke - don't fix it.
TedJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 09:51 AM   #77
NY Andrew

Here at the dealership for replacement TPMS sensor and possibly Bluetooth disconnecting randomly and to update this power steering referencing the bulletin, and was told "I'll see if we can duplicate the issue". This is my 3rd time about this issue, I want this update DONE!!!!! Why can't they update this computer!!? Why would they have to see if they can duplicate it when there's an UPDATE for this!!!? I hate these places so much. 4th dealer I've been to since I've had this car.
Old 05-22-2017, 10:53 AM   #78
whiskeyfed
Pat

Quote:
Here at the dealership for replacement TPMS sensor and possibly Bluetooth disconnecting randomly and to update this power steering referencing the bulletin, and was told "I'll see if we can duplicate the issue". This is my 3rd time about this issue, I want this update DONE!!!!! Why can't they update this computer!!? Why would they have to see if they can duplicate it when there's an UPDATE for this!!!? I hate these places so much. 4th dealer I've been to since I've had this car.
I mean if it is a brand new car (which all of these are), they should just fix it anyway... I do not see any harm in just updating the computer regardless of whether they can "replicate the issue." If it is under warranty (which mine is), that is their job to fix (warranty worthy) problems with the car. By the second time, which i am on now, they should say, "hmm, last time we couldn't replicate but he's still having an issue, lets do whatever we can to fix it." It feels like we have been doing a lot of this --> and not enough of this --> If you are on your fourth time, I would be shooting steam out of my ears...

Tuned by #danytechtuning
Old 05-22-2017, 12:12 PM   #79
nate.the.great

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS 1LE
It may be an alignment issue. Mine was terrible from the factory, you can see my thread here.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=495416
nate.the.great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 12:34 PM   #80
NY Andrew

Wow that's interesting about the alignment. They actually did do the TPMS and steering he said we'll see if I notice it. Couldn't fix the Bluetooth. Said I'm behind 3 updates which will take hours, so not sure what they are? But I'll do those next time I guess.
Old 06-05-2017, 06:37 AM   #81
whiskeyfed
Pat

Bump...

Calling my dealership in t-minus 5 mins to bring my car in...

I drove from Hartford to my hometown this weekend (about 55 miles) and on that 55 mile drive, my car pulled so hard to the right that I was almost unable to keep it in the lines, so I moved from the left lane to the right lane so I wasn't on the top of the crown (if there was one) btw for you CT guys, on the merritt pkwy, the drains are by the left lane so... pulling to the right is not tramlining. THEN, the car was fine for about 5 minutes, then pulled to the left, really bad. I pulled in to a gas station off of an exit because I was so angry. So now instead of being mildly frustrated, I am absolutely livid that this problem has gotten so bad and so frequent that I cannot enjoy driving the car, let alone driving it with some sense of reassurance that I can drive it in a straight line.

It has become a potentially dangerous problem for me, especially on the highways, and I am sure it has for others as well. This morning on my way to work, which is about 5 minutes, all back roads, it pulled to the right, even when i was driving on the wrong side of the road (purposefully).

This was more of a venting post, but I will post everything they tell me here once I talk to them.

EDIT:
Called the service dept... He at least remembers me from last time and saying that he could not duplicate the issue... I told him to reference the service bulletin mentioned above, he said he does not have a record of that... whatever... I told him that it has become "potentially dangerous" for me to keep driving the car like this and then he went into the whole tire pressure, tramlining thing. This does not happen more frequently with acceleration, braking or coasting. I am bringing it in tmm at 730am Eastern. I have a bad feeling this will not be fixed so if anyone has another dealer that they have had success with around CT, let me know.

Tuned by #danytechtuning
Old 06-05-2017, 07:36 AM   #82
NY Andrew

Dark night, find another dealer. Can already tell he's gonna waste your time. I've been to 4 dealerships so far and I'm still sorta bouncing back and forth between 2 still. Over the phone they said they saw the bulletin and in person confirmed it again. If they don't even see it don't waste your time with them.
Old 06-05-2017, 09:16 AM   #83
whiskeyfed
Pat

Quote:
Dark night, find another dealer. Can already tell he's gonna waste your time. I've been to 4 dealerships so far and I'm still sorta bouncing back and forth between 2 still. Over the phone they said they saw the bulletin and in person confirmed it again. If they don't even see it don't waste your time with them.
I will give them one last chance because they are nice people there. But! this will be the last chance. I just need to get this fixed because i am driving to KY in a month for CF7 and I am not dealing with this.

Tuned by #danytechtuning
Old 06-06-2017, 08:51 AM   #84
whiskeyfed
Pat

Actually some good news!

So I brought the Camaro in to figure out this pulling BS... After repeatedly telling them that it was either the alignment or the electronic steering, they kept saying no, no, we checked your tires and suspension, everything is fine. Turns out... I WAS RIGHT! It was the alignment. So they sent it for an alignment and the guy came in all sorry-like and said "well I guess it WAS a little off, we had them fix it and I am very sorry for the trouble."

Car drove perfectly! Steering wheel was seated a little to the right - FIXED.
Car pulling to left and right - seems to be FIXED.

All in all, an absolute nightmare to get them to actually look into what was wrong but in the end, it seems to be fixed.

My takeaway... be more assertive with the service dept, I know what I am talking about. Also, dont take no for an answer if something is wrong.

To all my issue-havers, go in and get an alignment if you are under warranty. If it is not your alignment, see if they have any record of that service bulletin 17-NA-115.

Hope this helps

Tuned by #danytechtuning