Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-07-2018, 02:04 AM   #1
Hero_Camaro

Drives: 2016 2.0T RS
2016 Camaro Air Intake Fuel Line fitting

Hey Guys,

I recently installed the Injen Evo7300 on my 2016 Camaro that hose was so easy to take off the stock intake by simply pushing the pin and moving to release, removing it is was not as complicated as the 2017 Camaro I believe and re-installing that fitting onto the Evo7300 wasn't a problem.Recently, I decided to take it off just to make sure that I can Re-install the stock cold air intake in case anything happens...I was surprised that I wasn't able to pull the clip off from what I've heard these clips are fragile its like the removal pin is stuck, CAI installation was done correctly and the car is running, I felt if I go with force I might break it off so I decided not to remove it, if I want to remove this is there away to do that can without using excessive force. Thus, Having the need to get a new Hose system all together.

I'm not the guy who's a professional in these things but I've looked into this https://www.amazon.ca/Lisle-39400-An...70_&dpSrc=srch

I don't know if this tool will be able to remove it or is it just a waste of money

I'm hoping someone with the expertise in this could help me out...
Hero_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 10:25 AM   #2
Kevin_S17

Drives: 2017 2SS M6 Vert Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero_Camaro View Post
Hey Guys,

I recently installed the Injen Evo7300 on my 2016 Camaro that hose was so easy to take off the stock intake by simply pushing the pin and moving to release, removing it is was not as complicated as the 2017 Camaro I believe and re-installing that fitting onto the Evo7300 wasn't a problem.Recently, I decided to take it off just to make sure that I can Re-install the stock cold air intake in case anything happens...I was surprised that I wasn't able to pull the clip off from what I've heard these clips are fragile its like the removal pin is stuck, CAI installation was done correctly and the car is running, I felt if I go with force I might break it off so I decided not to remove it, if I want to remove this is there away to do that can without using excessive force. Thus, Having the need to get a new Hose system all together.

I'm not the guy who's a professional in these things but I've looked into this https://www.amazon.ca/Lisle-39400-An...70_&dpSrc=srch
I don't know if this tool will be able to remove it or is it just a waste of money

I'm hoping someone with the expertise in this could help me out...
Have you tried calling Injen directly and asking if they have a solution? I had the same CAI from them. When I had an issue they were very helpful.
Kevin_S17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 08:13 PM   #3
Hero_Camaro

Drives: 2016 2.0T RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_S17 View Post
Have you tried calling Injen directly and asking if they have a solution? I had the same CAI from them. When I had an issue they were very helpful.
I fixed the issue after some research apparently I was supposed to push the hose down and then move the small clip...
Hero_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote