Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-01-2015, 02:47 PM   #15
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
That's pretty cool. I'm going with the LPE ctap with the MSD controller. Your video isn't working though.
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 06:32 AM   #16
mar10

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Sorry about the video not working. Must have had a problem with the upload.
Stainless Power Longtube headers, off road mids, stock H pipe, flowmaster mufflers, Vararam tune model intake, NightFury cam, and 91 octane email tune from Dynosteve @ rdpmotorsport.com. 473 rwhp and 430 ft. Lbs. @3,235 ft elevation.
mar10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 09:46 AM   #17
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
The Lingenfelter CTAP is the way to go, not so sure about the MSD 2-step though. The one I recieved from MSD caused a missfire and slowed my car down, replaced it with a Lingenfelter 2-step problem solved.

Old 10-07-2015, 07:45 PM   #18
robbiegordon
Robert

Drives: 2011 Summit White SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc View Post
The Lingenfelter CTAP is the way to go, not so sure about the MSD 2-step though. The one I recieved from MSD caused a missfire and slowed my car down, replaced it with a Lingenfelter 2-step problem solved.

so..with the lingenfelter 2-step and CTAP together..do you still need the mph activated switch to keep it from activating one you're moving? cause thats why i was leaning toward the msd 2 step ... as it has the 1/3 rpm drop feature ..
Turbonetics T76 10psi with aem truboost controller, 231/239 115 LSA Comp Cam, adm fpcm, zl1 pump, Tr7ix plugs, 3.91/1LE Gears,Melling Oil pump, custom intake, catless midpipes, powerbond 25% underdrive, PFADT Aluminum subframe bushings, 1.5 inch drop, PFADT sway bars, BMR; sub frame connectors ,Trailing arms, Toe Rods, strut tower brace and rear diff bushings, Hurst short throw shifter and line lock,dyno #s TBD, , tuned by Pat G tuning
robbiegordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 07:44 AM   #19
mar10

I'm not sure about using it with the cap since I used a micro switch but mine did not need a mph switch. The only time I've had an issue with it activating is when trying to Rev match for a down shift after a lengthy braking zone or if I need to slow down for traffic and wait for someone to move outta the passing lane before down shifting.

But the msd is not a true launch controller once the switch is released the rpms will shoot to redline if you have the throttle floored. I set it right at what ever rpm is working to launch at depending on track conditions. Then when I'm on the line I only press the gas until Im right at that rpm. Then when the Amber lights activate I let off the clutch a little faster than on the street as I ease into the throttle.
Stainless Power Longtube headers, off road mids, stock H pipe, flowmaster mufflers, Vararam tune model intake, NightFury cam, and 91 octane email tune from Dynosteve @ rdpmotorsport.com. 473 rwhp and 430 ft. Lbs. @3,235 ft elevation.
Old 10-09-2015, 07:58 AM   #20
robbiegordon
Robert

Drives: 2011 Summit White SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mar10 View Post
I'm not sure about using it with the cap since I used a micro switch but mine did not need a mph switch. The only time I've had an issue with it activating is when trying to Rev match for a down shift after a lengthy braking zone or if I need to slow down for traffic and wait for someone to move outta the passing lane before down shifting.

But the msd is not a true launch controller once the switch is released the rpms will shoot to redline if you have the throttle floored. I set it right at what ever rpm is working to launch at depending on track conditions. Then when I'm on the line I only press the gas until Im right at that rpm. Then when the Amber lights activate I let off the clutch a little faster than on the street as I ease into the throttle.
ok thank you for the info, ill probly end up getting the ligenfelter with CTAP so i can have more control over everything.. it just seems like the easier route.. i guess worst case if it gives me any issues down the line i can always add the mph switch

overall hows the 2step work for you ? it sounds like it can be a little tricky getting it dialed in.
Turbonetics T76 10psi with aem truboost controller, 231/239 115 LSA Comp Cam, adm fpcm, zl1 pump, Tr7ix plugs, 3.91/1LE Gears,Melling Oil pump, custom intake, catless midpipes, powerbond 25% underdrive, PFADT Aluminum subframe bushings, 1.5 inch drop, PFADT sway bars, BMR; sub frame connectors ,Trailing arms, Toe Rods, strut tower brace and rear diff bushings, Hurst short throw shifter and line lock,dyno #s TBD, , tuned by Pat G tuning
robbiegordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 09:26 AM   #21
mar10

It is pretty tricky but I think part of it is I'm putting 473hp down with stock suspension so there is a fine line between bogging the motor down and getting wheel hop. If the lingenfelter has a mph setting that may help a lot once you find the sweet spot and get it dialed in if it'll take most of the foot work out of it. I like having it a lot it definitely makes it easier to watch the lights and not worry about where my rpms are at.