Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 10-03-2018, 02:20 PM   #43
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0bsaget007 View Post
Slight typo, the coupon code is MISHISAVE5 to save 5%, not the one you stated for a supposed 15%.
Another easier option is contact them about sponsorship add a simple window decal to your car somewhere anywhere and bang 38% off one-time use code.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 09:15 PM   #44
SSShark

Drives: '23 1SS Sharkskin A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Another easier option is contact them about sponsorship add a simple window decal to your car somewhere anywhere and bang 38% off one-time use code.
Hey Evil, my Flowmaster exhaust came in. I'm installing on Sat morning. I'll let you know how it goes.
SSShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 12:30 PM   #45
Austin_504

Drives: 2016 Camaro RS 2.0t
Quote:
have you done this?
Austin_504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 05:58 PM   #46
SSShark

So I bought a set of Flowmaster AT Series. Finally installed them yesterday and I cannot be happier. Although they are a little louder than I initially wanted, the exhaust note is so deep that it sounds awesome! For me it was a toss up between the Borla S-type and the Flowmaster. After install, I definitely made the right choice. I will post videos sometime this week.

Last edited by SSShark; 10-27-2018 at 12:12 PM.
Old 10-27-2018, 12:13 PM   #47
SSShark

Video as promised

Old 10-27-2018, 10:38 PM   #48
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Drives: 18 Flex Fuel LTG
Such a good looking car! Can't wAit to see what u do too it.

---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----
cooper1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 02:14 AM   #49
Hero_Camaro

Drives: 2016 2.0T RS
I'll be as honest, if you want to get a new muffler you'll need to spend some money on a proper system, never do a muffler delete nor buy a cheap exhaust system just because it could make things worse for your car in the end. You need a good system that lasts and is made of quality materials and sounds great, in the end you pay for what you get...focus on something that lasts I have a Borla ATAK exhaust system its reliable, drone-free and sounds good it is the closest alternative to the GM performance exhaust except... it is unrestricted in terms of sound and worth the price.. I Strongly believe that the only exhaust worth putting on the 2.0t is Borla or the GM performance exhaust...Put any other aftermarket exhaust and you're simply wasting money (My opinion) also you must get something that is drone-free anything with drone might sound great in the beginning but it'll become annoying overtime while driving
Hero_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 08:11 AM   #50
SSShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper1965 View Post
Such a good looking car! Can't wAit to see what u do too it.
Thank you man, I love this car.
Old 10-28-2018, 08:17 AM   #51
SSShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero_Camaro View Post
I'll be as honest, if you want to get a new muffler you'll need to spend some money on a proper system, never do a muffler delete nor buy a cheap exhaust system just because it could make things worse for your car in the end. You need a good system that lasts and is made of quality materials and sounds great, in the end you pay for what you get...focus on something that lasts I have a Borla ATAK exhaust system its reliable, drone-free and sounds good it is the closest alternative to the GM performance exhaust except... it is unrestricted in terms of sound and worth the price.. I Strongly believe that the only exhaust worth putting on the 2.0t is Borla or the GM performance exhaust...Put any other aftermarket exhaust and you're simply wasting money (My opinion) also you must get something that is drone-free anything with drone might sound great in the beginning but it'll become annoying overtime while driving
Are you saying that Flowmaster is making a product that will damage our car? If so, can you be more specific on what kind of damage you are referring to, why it would be a waste of money and if anyone has claimed damage to their vehicle from a baffled muffler (Flowmaster)? I'm new here and trying to learn as much as I can.
Old 10-28-2018, 09:09 AM   #52
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyfl2004 View Post
Are you saying that Flowmaster is making a product that will damage our car? If so, can you be more specific on what kind of damage you are referring to, why it would be a waste of money and if anyone has claimed damage to their vehicle from a baffled muffler (Flowmaster)? I'm new here and trying to learn as much as I can.
He's a fanboy. Nothing wrong with preferring one over the rest. The Borla is nice but way to pricey and it's the same thing as the GM Performance exhaust with different branding. As far as damaging your car unless it's a cheap ebay knockoff with shit metal quality you'll be fine. Everything rusts under a car atleast up here in the northeast it does. Worse that can happen with axle-back is it drops off and hurts your car again that's if the metal and install was shit.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 09:20 AM   #53
SSShark

Quote:
He's a fanboy. Nothing wrong with preferring one over the rest. The Borla is nice but way to pricey and it's the same thing as the GM Performance exhaust with different branding. As far as damaging your car unless it's a cheap ebay knockoff with shit metal quality you'll be fine. Everything rusts under a car atleast up here in the northeast it does. Worse that can happen with axle-back is it drops off and hurts your car again that's if the metal and install was shit.
Bought mine from Summit and installed myself in about 1-1/2 hours. It was pretty simple. I used a chain pipe cutter which I bought from Northern Tool and made 2 precision cuts. Exhaust is up there nice and tight. Sound is awesome! No regrets.
Attached Images

Last edited by SSShark; 10-28-2018 at 09:39 AM.
Old 10-28-2018, 03:55 PM   #54
Hero_Camaro

Quote:
Nope all I'm saying is you get for what you pay, its a matter of preference in the end some like drone and others don't and I'm not a fan of it, I like Borla cuz I trust the brand just like how you trust flowmaster
Old 10-28-2018, 06:40 PM   #55
SSShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero_Camaro View Post
Nope all I'm saying is you get for what you pay, its a matter of preference in the end some like drone and others don't and I'm not a fan of it, I like Borla cuz I trust the brand just like how you trust flowmaster
Are you referring to 304 vs 409 stainless?
Old 10-29-2018, 01:55 AM   #56
Hero_Camaro

Quote:
Are you referring to 304 vs 409 stainless?
There are soo many factors to pick from when it comes to an exhaust system part of it has to be the 304 vs 409 of course, if you're using the car for a couple of years and then sell it the 409 will be fine overtime the 409 might get rusty, but if you're using the car for 10 years+ you should get the 304 like I said its a matter of preference, I believe you can avoid rust on your flowmaster by coating a layer of anti-rust increasing its lifespan in terms of durability...I'm not an exhaust expert flowmaster and borla (Which was the GM exhaust substitute) were the choices that I had to pick out of, Flowmaster is a great and loud exhaust overall but in terms of steel quality Borla is better