Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 05-07-2020, 05:27 AM   #57
LaN-

Drives: 2014 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie14 View Post
Is there any way to mount a upper pulley ring without a press?

First, I don’t have one. Second, if I get one I probably won’t need it again for a decade. Third, I don’t want to take the snout off a third time in the last two weeks.
I don’t believe it’s possible without a press. Could just take it somewhere and have them do it for a few bucks.

628/525

Suspension: Koni orange, (BMR everything) 1" drop springs, toe rods, trailer arms, non adjustable LCR, FE4 sway bars, sub frame connectors, delrin sub frame bushing and upper control arm bushings. Front bushings.
LaN- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 02:10 PM   #58
Valkyrie14
Valkyrie14

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS
Had to go through 2 shops to get to one willing to do it. Got it done, billed me $30. What I found out awhile ago is that around here there aren’t any mechanics that want to get into performance work. It is what has led me to doing it all myself. My choices have been learn how to do it by bringing it to the forum, or drive three hours to the twin cities and pay someone else to do it.

Anyway, upper pulley is on. Mounting the snout for third time, kinda an expert in that operation at this point.

CAI is here tomorrow. Only missing pieces are belt and bypass valve, I am going to measure for the belt once all is installed and bypass will be here Tuesday or Wednesday next week.

Monday, AFR O2 sensor bung is getting welded in so I can get tuned.

It is the little stuff that delays everything...
2014 SS LS3/LSA Supercharger, 10% Super Damper, 2.55 upper, AGP Dual Pump, ID 1050 injectors, Pegasus solid rear cradle bushings, LT Headers, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite E2 catch can, E85 corn fed, 160 Thermostat, Monster Twin Disk, MGW Short Throw shifter, Tick Clutch Master Cylinder, HP Tuners, JL Audio system.
Valkyrie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 08:15 PM   #59
Mr2Hard2See
Instagram: Mr2Hard2See

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS
Valkyrie14 this thread is so awesome and you want to talk about perfect timing. Nearly everything you have mentioned is exactly what I want to do and how I would go about doing it. I have a family to support so fun stuff comes with a budget because I’m trying to be responsible.

My wife gives me the free pass and says send it lol but I’m the bread winner and budget hustler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammdo View Post
If you ck my build thread, I wrote the install guide for ADM and did ALL kinda of mods ;o). Guide is linked in the first post...

GPI did my first tunes, after that, ABADZL1 and I did them...

-Don
Don the information you’ve shared has been a tremendous help but I too get overwhelmed with your thread at times. 1 know 1 thing for sure once I start spending money on parts I’ll be going over it to do my best of buying everything once and getting this job done the right way. I’m saying it in advance bare with my brother I’ll need your help. I could soak up all your literature quickly if I just had a guy like you around me so we can discuss these things face-to-face and hands-on rather than reading off of a forum.

So Valkyrie14 I have a pending buy from a ctsv guy that had 34k and hit 757 on the dyno. The V is on YouTube if you want to see that dyno. 2 stock blowers just sold 1 for $1600 and another for $1800. The deal that’s pending I hope to score from is $1700 but after PayPal and shipping the final cost is $1900. That’s without the bypass actuator or Tb. The plus side is the blower is fully ported snout, blower & runners from cordes performance out in Arizona. I contacted them and they said that porting would be $950 current valve of this work. Also after watching dyno vids I can expect at least an extra 50 hp for that port work.

Lsa blower $1900
Lsa lid/reinforced brick $695 new
Bypass $120 new
Fuel Rails $290 new
Heat exchanger $130 used
Injectors 850cc 80lbs $380 used flow tested
Subtotal = $3525

Hopefully I can buy a few of those new items used and that will take some savings down.

Other buys:
Zl1 fuel pump $220 new
Some type of controller for the pump, I don’t know?
Griptech 2.50 pulley maybe $240 new
Plumbing that comes off the lid...ideally black braided lines w/ -an fittings.
Heat exchanger pump $300 Would like to learn what options are available.
ARP bolts
Gaskets/fluids
160* thermostat

The other buys above I’m going say $1000 for the miscellaneous items needed. That would push my total to $4525 without tuning. I’m not sure if I missed anything off the list. You’ve kinda inspired me to make my own thread but I have already complete most of the mods I’ve wanted. Btw glad you didn’t let that scum bag stop you from continuing on with this swap. Respect you didn’t just sale the blower and abandon ship.
Che bronze trunnion Ls3 timing/valley cover
Dod/vvt delete Dsx e85 Dsx aux fuel pump Id1050x injectors ZL1 fuel pump, Griptech 2.55 pulley, Solo performance Mach ll 2.5 catback exhaust 1 7/8th Lt headers
Mr2Hard2See is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 09:19 PM   #60
Valkyrie14
Valkyrie14

Go for it man! Sounds like your budget is on, I ended up with a kit for the miscellaneous stuff, The small parts get tougher to find because there aren’t many people selling them and eBay can be a little tricky in making sure your getting the right part.

I would say your getting a hell of a deal on a ported lower. Mine was 1500 without porting but also didn’t have a pulley or a bypass. I went with a 2.8 and a ZLI crank pulley. I am shooting for 7-8 psi. Ted from Jannetty advised that until I add my cam to stay below 10psi.

I recommend starting a thread. These guys on here have been a huge help. It helps to have a thread to keep everything together. I’ve enjoyed this part of it. I can’t wait to post when I have actually started tear down with some pics, nothing like Don, I just don’t have the patience or his level of expertise. Glad your inspired!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr2Hard2See View Post
Valkyrie14 this thread is so awesome and you want to talk about perfect timing. Nearly everything you have mentioned is exactly what I want to do and how I would go about doing it. I have a family to support so fun stuff comes with a budget because I’m trying to be responsible.

My wife gives me the free pass and says send it lol but I’m the bread winner and budget hustler.

Don the information you’ve shared has been a tremendous help but I too get overwhelmed with your thread at times. 1 know 1 thing for sure once I start spending money on parts I’ll be going over it to do my best of buying everything once and getting this job done the right way. I’m saying it in advance bare with my brother I’ll need your help. I could soak up all your literature quickly if I just had a guy like you around me so we can discuss these things face-to-face and hands-on rather than reading off of a forum.

So Valkyrie14 I have a pending buy from a ctsv guy that had 34k and hit 757 on the dyno. The V is on YouTube if you want to see that dyno. 2 stock blowers just sold 1 for $1600 and another for $1800. The deal that’s pending I hope to score from is $1700 but after PayPal and shipping the final cost is $1900. That’s without the bypass actuator or Tb. The plus side is the blower is fully ported snout, blower & runners from cordes performance out in Arizona. I contacted them and they said that porting would be $950 current valve of this work. Also after watching dyno vids I can expect at least an extra 50 hp for that port work.

Lsa blower $1900
Lsa lid/reinforced brick $695 new
Bypass $120 new
Fuel Rails $290 new
Heat exchanger $130 used
Injectors 850cc 80lbs $380 used flow tested
Subtotal = $3525

Hopefully I can buy a few of those new items used and that will take some savings down.

Other buys:
Zl1 fuel pump $220 new
Some type of controller for the pump, I don’t know?
Griptech 2.50 pulley maybe $240 new
Plumbing that comes off the lid...ideally black braided lines w/ -an fittings.
Heat exchanger pump $300 Would like to learn what options are available.
ARP bolts
Gaskets/fluids
160* thermostat

The other buys above I’m going say $1000 for the miscellaneous items needed. That would push my total to $4525 without tuning. I’m not sure if I missed anything off the list. You’ve kinda inspired me to make my own thread but I have already complete most of the mods I’ve wanted. Btw glad you didn’t let that scum bag stop you from continuing on with this swap. Respect you didn’t just sale the blower and abandon ship.
2014 SS LS3/LSA Supercharger, 10% Super Damper, 2.55 upper, AGP Dual Pump, ID 1050 injectors, Pegasus solid rear cradle bushings, LT Headers, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite E2 catch can, E85 corn fed, 160 Thermostat, Monster Twin Disk, MGW Short Throw shifter, Tick Clutch Master Cylinder, HP Tuners, JL Audio system.
Old 05-09-2020, 08:46 PM   #61
Valkyrie14
Valkyrie14

Beauty cover done. I ordered AC Delco paint. Was listed as Blue Ray Metalic, turned out to be Berlin Blue Metallic. Darker than Blue Ray. I think it looks good, I’m over the mislabeled item.

Sanded, three coats of primer, three coats of paint, silver paint pen to cover the lettering. Once the temp gets warm enough to paint again I am clear coating. Custom beauty cover worth the effort.
Attached Images

Old 05-10-2020, 02:55 PM   #62
RupertPupkin

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS 1Le
Looks good man. I think you’ll be done with your build before I am, and I started mid February. Lol
730whp: 630Trq
RupertPupkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 05:34 PM   #63
Valkyrie14
Valkyrie14

Quote:
Originally Posted by RupertPupkin View Post
Looks good man. I think you’ll be done with your build before I am, and I started mid February. Lol
Considering I haven’t begun tear down, I’m not getting ahead of myself. Besides I think you are doing more than putting on an LSA blower if I remember correctly.
Old 05-10-2020, 07:26 PM   #64
Mr2Hard2See

Well mrV I guess I will be starting my owned thread I bought a complete kit $3900 with 300 miles it’s mint condition. I’m mean it has everything other than the zl1 fuel pump and crank pulley if I need that. I’ll ask ted since I’m l99...even 2 heat x’s I’m so pumped. I will not post pics in yours anymore but I want you to see this package. I will check however to see how the build goes
Attached Images

Dod/vvt delete Dsx e85 Dsx aux fuel pump Id1050x injectors ZL1 fuel pump, Griptech 2.55 pulley, Solo performance Mach ll 2.5 catback exhaust 1 7/8th Lt headers
Old 05-10-2020, 08:00 PM   #65
Valkyrie14
Valkyrie14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr2Hard2See View Post
Well mrV I guess I will be starting my owned thread I bought a complete kit $3900 with 300 miles it’s mint condition. I’m mean it has everything other than the zl1 fuel pump and crank pulley if I need that. I’ll ask ted since I’m l99...even 2 heat x’s I’m so pumped. I will not post pics in yours anymore but I want you to see this package. I will check however to see how the build goes
I will be looking for your thread and follow along with your build too.

You may not need the ZL1 fuel pump. My tuner was telling me that the upgrading the injectors is enough. I have a bigger fuel pump that I am probably not going to use, it is a ADM dual pump I bought with my lower.
Old 05-10-2020, 08:08 PM   #66
Greenhornet2

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS LS3 Whipple
Never a problem having a bigger pump than you need.
Whipple 2.9 CAI ID1050x injectors ZL1 Pump JRE FPCM JMS Voltage booster JRE Rough Idle blower cam BTR .660 springs CHE trunnion kit 1 7/8 Speed Engineering Borla Atak JRE scoop 1.5" lowering springs BMR trailing arms and toe links Cradle inserts 704WHP 603WTQ 93 octane
Greenhornet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 08:26 PM   #67
Mr2Hard2See

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenhornet2 View Post
Never a problem having a bigger pump than you need.
copy that.
Old 05-10-2020, 11:19 PM   #68
AbdulMateen19

Drives: ZL1
Check my gauge mount in my ZL1 for an idea. Look up Block8head on Facebook. He makes custom gauge mounts

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
AbdulMateen19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 10:38 AM   #69
Valkyrie14
Valkyrie14

At shop getting bung welded in for AFR gauge. First time on rack since I have had it, got a good look underneath without having to be on a creeper with 2” clearance. I discovered I have stock NPP exhaust. Sounds good to me, but explains the drone. May invest in Borla down the road to help with that. The down pipe O2 sensor has been deleted and is hanging from the trans. Big deal?
Old 05-11-2020, 12:50 PM   #70
Valkyrie14
Valkyrie14

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbdulMateen19 View Post
Check my gauge mount in my ZL1 for an idea. Look up Block8head on Facebook. He makes custom gauge mounts

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
I like the NGauge. I am probably going to add a boost sensor and then I will get an NGauge to plug the AFR and boost gauge into. I like the NGauge in the vent setup.