The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2017 Camaro Fest (VII)

Old 01-24-2017, 01:55 PM   #57
Linker239

Drives: 2022 WC 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by etmx183 View Post
Linker didn't you hang out with myself and Racergirl last fest?

Linker239
I'm looking forward to getting some runs down the track, got a few extra mods since last time.

I'm game to do some cross model runs with you I4 folks. I can go N/A or with nitrous.
Oh yeah! You gave me a lot of good advice on the car, and I can't thank you enough for that.
2010 VR 1LT RS; Sold
Linker239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 02:44 AM   #58
Andrew4180
Bigfoot

Drives: "Doomsday" 1981 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
"we", in this fun class, always outnumber the hard core guys. But those hard core guys will always take the time to help you with anything you need, just ask!! They have a lot of information and seat time to help you get better each run. For me, those are the fun cars to watch.
Im always willing to help anyone that wants to learn, been bracket racing for 11 years out of my (close to) 21 on this planet.

383ci SBC, Th400 Trans, 29X10 Hoosiers. Small Block, Small tire, bracket car.
Andrew4180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 01:37 PM   #59
faSSteddie

Drives: 2013 Victory red/white stripes SS
Is it possible, this year, to get the fellas working the water box,to keep it a bit smaller? At the last fest,it was durn near impossible for those of us with treaded street tires to pull up to the line without driving through some water. Even if I do some chirpies to sling off the water, it then gets in the wheelwells and drips back on to the tires/track. The front tires carry water to the line as well. It would make life a little more enjoyable for those of us fighting traction with street tires. I figgered it wouldn't hurt to ask, I reckon.
Thanks,
faSSteddie
faSSteddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 07:13 PM   #60
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Quote:
Originally Posted by faSSteddie View Post
Is it possible, this year, to get the fellas working the water box,to keep it a bit smaller? At the last fest,it was durn near impossible for those of us with treaded street tires to pull up to the line without driving through some water. Even if I do some chirpies to sling off the water, it then gets in the wheelwells and drips back on to the tires/track. The front tires carry water to the line as well. It would make life a little more enjoyable for those of us fighting traction with street tires. I figgered it wouldn't hurt to ask, I reckon.
Thanks,
faSSteddie
I second that! It is rather a PITA to avoid the water & often not possible. We would get much better runs with street tires, (especially those of us who really don't want to do burnouts at all) and safer launches if we could avoid the water better.
Old 01-26-2017, 09:56 PM   #61
greatwhitess

Drives: 2011 Cmaro
So I have a 5th gen with the Moser live axle kit. Can I run in unlimited?
greatwhitess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 10:46 AM   #62
MudderFinger

Drives: 2011 IOM SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatwhitess View Post
I am not the one to answer this but it was changed from any 5th/6th gen camaro to any IRS camaro, so based on having a live axle it appears you would no longer have IRS. But one of the moderators will most likely answer this for you. How does that setup work for you, I was looking at it at one point?
Old 01-27-2017, 03:16 PM   #63
greatwhitess

Drives: 2011 Cmaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by MudderFinger View Post
I am not the one to answer this but it was changed from any 5th/6th gen camaro to any IRS camaro, so based on having a live axle it appears you would no longer have IRS. But one of the moderators will most likely answer this for you. How does that setup work for you, I was looking at it at one point?
Works great.

The outlaw thing made no sense so I was confused being only 5th and 6th gen camaro came with IRS yet it says any year camaro at the top. So they have some conflicting info.
greatwhitess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 03:20 PM   #64
Andrew4180
Bigfoot

Drives: "Doomsday" 1981 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatwhitess View Post
As I've seen the past couple years, Unlimited means unlimited, any year Camaro/firebird, any mods, run whatcha brung first one to the other end wins.

I have an all motor, small block, stock suspension 2nd gen and run unlimited.

383ci SBC, Th400 Trans, 29X10 Hoosiers. Small Block, Small tire, bracket car.
Andrew4180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 07:02 PM   #65
tonyferdie

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
You are in the majority...

You do not need to enter any of the classes to run down the track. There will be plenty of open run time.

That's one thing that makes CFest a bit different from hard core competitions. It's all for fun and bragging rights. Although when you get into the unlimited class there are some good old fashioned grudge matches.
Do I have to get the bracelet for this if I just want to try it out in the FUN group. Right now I just have the generic pass. If so no worries, I really want to learn how to run my car down a track, I always wanted to drag a car but NEVER have.
tonyferdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 07:23 PM   #66
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyferdie View Post
Do I have to get the bracelet for this if I just want to try it out in the FUN group. Right now I just have the generic pass. If so no worries, I really want to learn how to run my car down a track, I always wanted to drag a car but NEVER have.
You'll need the drivers wristband to go down the drag strip, yes.

While you're trying things out, you should consider giving the Camaro Cross a go!
Old 01-27-2017, 07:29 PM   #67
tonyferdie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
You'll need the drivers wristband to go down the drag strip, yes.

While you're trying things out, you should consider giving the Camaro Cross a go!
Well it is funny you said that, I just got done talking with the wife to see if she would let me do that. She said YES. Now I just have to wait till pay day to pay the rest of the money if it is still open.
Old 01-27-2017, 07:43 PM   #68
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Well it is funny you said that, I just got done talking with the wife to see if she would let me do that. She said YES. Now I just have to wait till pay day to pay the rest of the money if it is still open.
Very much so.
Old 01-27-2017, 09:03 PM   #69
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
Quote:
It's a great experience and rush, once you make your first pass you will want to line up again cause that excitement is still there. I would suggest putting it in competition mode then once your comfortable try it with everything off. Here's a funny story that some seen, I made my first pass ever at cfest at beech bend. I took all the nannies off which was a big mistake. When I hit the gas I did a 17 second burnout down the strip lol. So pay the extra and have some fun with the rest of us.
Old 01-27-2017, 09:06 PM   #70
tonyferdie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace0751 View Post
It's a great experience and rush, once you make your first pass you will want to line up again cause that excitement is still there. I would suggest putting it in competition mode then once your comfortable try it with everything off. Here's a funny story that some seen, I made my first pass ever at cfest at beech bend. I took all the nannies off which was a big mistake. When I hit the gas I did a 17 second burnout down the strip lol. So pay the extra and have some fun with the rest of us.
Thanks for the advice, the biggest thing I am hoping not to do is stall since I have a manual. I bet the rush is huge though and I look forward to that and plenty of more advice from seasoned people.